Special Harry Potter Movie Marathon in NYC's Famous Ziegfeld Theatre

Movies
December 10, 2008, 02:25 PM

There's no business like show business, especially when it involves a special Harry Potter movie marathon at the famous Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City. Starting next week from December 19-24, lucky fans who are in the Big Apple can take in a special holiday showings of the five Harry Potter films at this legendary movie theatre. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Katie

ah i want to be there!!!

Posted by Katie on December 10, 2008, 02:26 PM report to moderator
harleen

i wish i lived in new york!!!!

Posted by harleen on December 10, 2008, 02:49 PM report to moderator
harleen

i wish i lived in new york!!!!

Posted by harleen on December 10, 2008, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Muggle Tonks

Dagnabbit! I’m going to be there 2 wks later.

Posted by Muggle Tonks on December 10, 2008, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Professor Potter

Ziegfeld Theatre is a wonderful venue for films like this. Its interior is like an opera house. I came to New York to see The Phantom Menace in May 1999. Its the perfect venue for “fan” movies. The sound quality was actually not quite as good as the modern multiplexes as it had a bit of concert hall echo. But regardless, it just has a great vibe and a massive screen. Actually, they should do this with a Harry Potter film premier in the summer. Our Empire cinema in London did just that with Star trek and Star Wars franchises (films running from about 9am to midnight!) and I hope they will do the same for Deathly Hallows. So if you have the opportunity to do the marathon, do it! It will be great fun as you are amongst other HP fans.

Posted by Professor Potter on December 10, 2008, 05:54 PM report to moderator
SnapeFan

FYI, this theater has hosted Harry Potter premiers in the past. It’s a prime theater for movie premiers due to its size and glamour, despite being tucked away on a gloomy street. And I agree that they should have another marathon before the next film opens.

Posted by SnapeFan on December 10, 2008, 06:08 PM report to moderator
radish_earrings

Ahh! I want to be there. Luckily, by the time Deathly Hallows comes out, I will be able to drive myself around, and therefore get myself to any fandom experience that I please. It would be kind of hard to say “Yo parents, can you please drive me to the United States this weekend so I can watch an HP marathon in a legendary theatre?”

Posted by radish_earrings on December 10, 2008, 06:47 PM report to moderator
llol

y cant anything like this ever happen in texas????

Posted by llol on December 10, 2008, 09:08 PM report to moderator
lily_luna

lol radish_earrings :) I wish I lived in New York…

Posted by lily_luna on December 10, 2008, 09:27 PM report to moderator
Hagiographer13

Ah, to be in New York now that Harry’s there . . . (sigh)

Posted by Hagiographer13 on December 11, 2008, 01:51 AM report to moderator
Leif Longbottom

Oh so I guess it is newsworthy. I emailed fellow NYCer Melissa about this a week ago.

I missed Chamber and Azkaban when they were originally in the theater so I definitely want to go see those. I wish they were doing this the week after xmas; the week before, I’m swamped.

Posted by Leif Longbottom on December 11, 2008, 09:49 AM report to moderator

"If I hear you're using these Occlumency lessons to give Harry a hard time, you'll have me to answer to."[br]"How touching," Snape sneered.