PotterCast 177: Internet Peoples!

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
December 14, 2008, 08:49 PM

Tonight we have for you the 177th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, for your audible enjoyment.  Episode 177 marks the first edition of PotterCast recorded live before a live internet audience.  This week, the long awaited Acting Troupe makes its first appearance on the show with the inaugural installment of our newest addition to the show.  Sue starts off the show with a rundown of the latest in Harry Potter news with regarding Alan Rickman (Snape) filming for Deathly Hallows, new set visit contests from the WB, ABC Family clips, Beedle the Bard Movie rumors, and further sales figures for the Tales of Beedle the Bard book.  We also take a number of calls from the live listeners during the news who comment on the abundance of Beedle the Bard news.  Canon Conclundrums is up next with a discussion on the importance on wands from the "Tale of the Three Brothers" story in The Tales of Beedle the Bard.  Episode One of the PotterCast Acting Troupe then premieres with "Albus Potter and the Founder's Fountain" starring a number of familiar characters from the Harry Potter series.  This episode sets out the story of the next generation as they make their way to Hogwarts for the first time.  The show wraps up with the latest on Jingle Spells 2, LeakyCon 2009, the PotterCast Vlogs, and so much more.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Internet Peoples"
  • "Deathly Hallows" Filming for Alan Rickman
  • Beedle The Bard: The Movie
  • Internet Peoples!
  • More Wandlore!
  • Habit Forming Wands
  • Acting Troupe: Albus Potter and the Founder’s Fountain.
  • Jingle Spells 2 is on the way!
  • Harry, A History – 4 week on the New York Times Best Seller’s List.
  • Register for LeakyCon 2009 now!
RT: 87:11

Producer: John Noe
Editor: Jeff Gregory

Contributing Editors:
Michael Beckett
Briana Roop
Jake Neuman
Rudi Gerber
Katlin Menzie
Jeremiah Blu3tick
Jaime Medeya
Jeremy Thomas
Armin Vollstedt

We had some technical difficulties beyond our editors' control- please excuse some stray static and echos.

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 2
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (37 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (9 MB).

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Saul Perez

Finally, I’ve been waiting all week!!!

Posted by Saul Perez on December 14, 2008, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Griffie

Woo!

Posted by Griffie on December 14, 2008, 09:14 PM report to moderator
HollyHogwarts

yay!

Posted by HollyHogwarts on December 14, 2008, 09:41 PM report to moderator
MJLeakyCon

This episode was a lot of fun. I hope you enjoyed doing it for a “live studio audience”, and will consider doing it again! :)

Posted by MJLeakyCon on December 14, 2008, 10:03 PM report to moderator
taylor

oh potter cast, i heart you so!!!!

Posted by taylor on December 14, 2008, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Arithmancer

Thanks for the show, PotterCasters! I’ve just paused it during The Drums, but I have to say: the Acting Troupe peice was SO GOOD! I loved it and I can’t wait for more. Great job to everyone who worked on it. (But darn you for leaving us hanging at the end!)

Posted by Arithmancer on December 14, 2008, 11:39 PM report to moderator
Carebie

I still haven’t got to listen ot lasts weeks episode, I am so behind!

Posted by Carebie on December 15, 2008, 12:02 AM report to moderator
doloresporter

i was just listening to the podcast. and i heard that frak has an amazing knowledge of friends. my respect for him doubled just for that:) though i’d like to challenge him i bet i know more about friends than him. :)

Posted by doloresporter on December 15, 2008, 07:13 AM report to moderator
doloresporter

one more thing: omg the acting troupe was amazing. you’re awesome guys!

Posted by doloresporter on December 15, 2008, 08:07 AM report to moderator
liv

great episode! i loved the acting troupe and can’t wait for the next episode of it!

Posted by liv on December 15, 2008, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Sam

Okay – strangest thing in the world. I was guest 49 on the chat, and all of my comments came up as guest 49 and they even read out one on the episode. Then my stream stopped I had no idea why then I realized it was because they had phoned me. Or at least guest 49 but it wasn’t me it was some guy called Kyle. And I was blocked from listening because I was apparently talking…very weird. Anyways great show as always guys!

Posted by Sam on December 15, 2008, 03:39 PM report to moderator
anomalink

The Acting Troupe (and all the other folk who helped make this happen) deserve hearty congratulations for an outstanding job. From the writing to the production to the voice talent, this was a really fun piece of “radio” drama.

Posted by anomalink on December 15, 2008, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Snape_Snake_Snack

I love your show guys! And the acting troop sounds awesome, I squeed for Hagrid and Neville. I just loved the whole Al/Hat conversation. Oh and I hope the kids befriend little Scorpio. I’m sold, I want hear more! Live show sound cool, hope to participate sometime. Keep the good work

Posted by Snape_Snake_Snack on December 15, 2008, 06:15 PM report to moderator
ravenclawrockr

squee guys! you need to podcast more often i go CRAZY when it’s more than a week and i check leaky and my podcasts about every five minutes which is nerve-wrecking so please please please try not to wait so long i love you all so much and i’m all of your facebook friends except john, who seems to never be on his facebook. ever.

Posted by ravenclawrockr on December 15, 2008, 07:56 PM report to moderator
IndigoMisfit

Darn cliffhangers! I have to wait to find out what happened?!? Oh well.

I really liked the episode. It’s like those old radio shows. Good job guys!

Posted by IndigoMisfit on December 15, 2008, 09:38 PM report to moderator

"You are very near your goal. The quickest way is past me."[br]"So... so will you move, please?" said Harry, knowing what the answer was going to be.[br]"No," she said, continuing to pace. "Not unless you can answer my riddle."