PotterCast 178: Fortress of Deathitude

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
December 22, 2008, 03:50 PM

The 178th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is now online featuring the latest in Harry Potter news and discussion.  Sue's News begins the show with news of the upcoming premiere of Rupert Grint's Cherrybomb, Evanna Lynch posing for fashion photographer Katrin Thomas, a new Emma Watson interview, LeakyCon's Wizard Wrock announcement, a Half-Blood Prince set report, and sales figures for The Tales of Beedle the Bard.  Also be sure to get your copy of Jingle Spells 2 soon, as the physical CDs are now in extremely short supply.  Next up, it's the MailBag with questions from our live Talkshoe audience.  Bit-by-Bit follows with the PotterCast quartet going through the Chapter 18 of Deathly Hallows, "The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore."  Finally, we wrap the show up with talk of permanent sticking charms, elemental wizarding laws, and more.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Fortress of Deathitude"
  • No more "Shock and Awe" for Jo.
  • Check your mail for Jingle Spells 2.
  • It's Frak's first ever Mailbag!
  • Live Questions from our Talkshoe audience.
  • Bit-By-Bit: "The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore"
  • Does Harry tell Neville how much he was connected to Voldemort?
  • Oh, that's Grindelwald!
  • Register for LeakyCon 2009 now!
  • Subscribe to PotterCast's YouTube channel today!
RT: 68:53

Producer: John Noe
Editor: Michael Beckett

Contributing Editors:
Jaime Madeya
Jake Neuman
Andrew Garner

We had some technical difficulties beyond our editors' control- please excuse some stray static and echos.

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 2
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (31 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (8 MB).

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Phillip

YAY! this made my day :D

Posted by Phillip on December 22, 2008, 03:58 PM report to moderator
nicci

Yea!!! Happy Christmas Pottercast! Thanks!

Posted by nicci on December 22, 2008, 04:25 PM report to moderator
valerie

I am soooooo happy for anther pottercast!! :)

Posted by valerie on December 22, 2008, 04:51 PM report to moderator
EruditeWitch

They pronounced my name wrong!! But other than that, they answered two of my questions.

I disagree, I think Ron and Hermione did have a talk about the Locket. More happened than just with the Harry and Hermione stuff, Ron has a lot of fears that he might need to talk about. Issues of self worth…

I think Hermione kept her mind during the torture becuase mostly for Harry adn Ron in the basement counting on her. And Ron was screaming for her to remind her.

Posted by EruditeWitch on December 22, 2008, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Carebie

Finally! But I can’t listen right now. I will have to wait till later tonight.

Posted by Carebie on December 22, 2008, 07:00 PM report to moderator
Geekboy_Matt

I haven’t listened to the final cut yet, but Deathitude? :p

Posted by Geekboy_Matt on December 22, 2008, 08:18 PM report to moderator
HP

ITS NOT WORKING :(

Posted by HP on December 22, 2008, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Miniature hippogriff

I loved the show! :D Hope I get a Frankiedoodle on my jingle spells <3

Posted by Miniature hippogriff on December 23, 2008, 12:03 PM report to moderator
steffi

WOOT, When I saw the title, I immediately thought about ‘HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER,’ the awesome Barney Stinson and his fortress of Barneytude (:

Posted by steffi on December 24, 2008, 07:10 AM report to moderator
Chelsey Kendig

Re: The Beedle Movie (if there were one)

What about keeping the stories as shorts, surrounded by a kind of frame such as Mrs. Weasley reading them to her children or Harry and Ginny reading them to Albus, James and Lily? They could have Henson or someone do puppetry or even have live actors )perhaps the Harry Potter actors, as children cast their imaginary worlds with the people around them, at least in film)?

That might keep the integrity of the stories. Of course, using the actors is another idea entirely, but if it were the Weasleys only Judy Dench would needs be in it, since the children could be younger, and Harry and Ginny could be adults and thus older actors.

Just a thought,

Chelsey

Posted by Chelsey Kendig on December 25, 2008, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Averyfan

Hey Frak – just guessing, but I think you meant JKR has gravitas, not inertia. You were discussing using her “powers for good” within our society. Inertia would imply doing nothing, which is exactly the opposite point you were trying to make… :)

Posted by Averyfan on December 26, 2008, 01:30 AM report to moderator
Melissa

It isn’t working for me either. I’ve refreshed and deleted my history and my cookies. And this is the second day I’ve tried to listen and it isn’t working for me.

Posted by Melissa on December 26, 2008, 07:12 PM report to moderator
James

I admire very Harry Potter, but bugs me that the 7.díle take Hermiona Rona, and no Harryho.Ti two together nehodí.Hermiona is a nice girl and Ron can be said with a little forgiveness Kuní face! And Harry would be the It threw!

Posted by James on December 29, 2008, 02:12 PM report to moderator

"Stay where you are."[br]"I haven't moved!" said Harry, his hand still on the doorknob. "So what's the message?"[br]"I have just given it to you, dolt," said Phineas Nigellus smoothly. "Dumbledore says, [i]'Stay where you are.'"[/i]