Dan Radcliffe Talks "Equus," Getting Back to Harry Potter, and More in New Interview

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
December 27, 2008, 11:36 PM

A new interview appeared online from TheaterMania featuring actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) discussing his role in the play Equus and of returning to the Harry Potter films early next year.  The interview features Mr. Radcliffe commenting on the work ethic that his parents instilled in him which lead to his not yet missing a performance of the play on Broadway.  The interview continues with Mr. Radcliffe discussing the transition back into Harry Potter once his Broadway run concludes.  The young actor says the following of transition back into the role when filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows begins:

"As soon as I put those glasses on, and as soon as I get back on that set, it's going to be like, 'Yeah, okay, here I am again.' ...  Harry, by now, is a character that I am very, very comfortable with.  And there is a lot of myself in Harry, so it shouldn't be too hard to transition back to."
The interview concludes with talk of Mr. Radcliffe's Equus costars, the recent Gypsy of the Year performance, a possible future of musical theater, a return to Broadway after Harry Potter, and New Years' resolutions.  In regards to his resolution for 2009, Mr. Radcliffe states:
"To make the next Potter film the best its ever been and to work harder on it than I ever have before.  Even though I've worked hard before, I want to make it even better."
The full interview can be seen via this link.

Thanks to Stacie.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Miriam

Will, POA was the most critically acclaimed of the series, you may not like it but a lot of people do. Perhaps you should differentiate between a bad film and a film you dislike. If you don’t like the films then don’t watch.

Posted by Miriam on December 29, 2008, 07:06 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 29, 2008, 07:06 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 29, 2008, 07:07 PM report to moderator
Sakshi

I wanna see Dan as fast as possible on the big screen. I cant wait to see him again.He is irresistable.

Posted by Sakshi on December 30, 2008, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Keshira

Are you kidding me, Miriam, Emma is brilliant! She is my favorite of the three actors. I think she has a harder time than Rupert just because her character is more beloved by fans…but then the reason her character is more beloved by fans is partially because of her great portrayal. She’s really brought Hermione to life.

The one quip I’d have is that they should make her hair frizzier, and browner. They can’t make her face uglier, but just in general… I think people forget that Hermione isn’t meant to be pretty.

Posted by Keshira on December 30, 2008, 04:54 AM report to moderator
Will

Miriam, I don’t give a damn what film critics who’ve never read a single Potter book think. I care about what I see, and how faithful the movies are to the spirit of Rowling’s books. In that respect, Kloves is an epic failure. He totally misunderstood the trio dynamics, and his movie-Hermione doesn’t resemble the one from the books at all.

I’m a fan of J.K. Rowling’s books, and I expect the movies to do them justice. PoA and GoF might be nice fantasy movies if you haven’t read the books, or if you’re just happy to see Dan, Rupert, Emma and a bunch of other good Brittish actors and actresses, but for this book reader they’re horribly flawed.

Keshira, it’s a stretch to say Hermione is more loved by fans than Ron (or Harry). It’s Hagrid and Ron who usually top the “Who’s your favorite character” polls.

Again, as the movie Hermione is so very different from the “real” one, I can’t really praise Emma for “bringing Hermione to life”. If you disagree, we can start comparing the books and movies scene by scene…

However, I can’t really blame Emma Watson either, as the scripts she’s been forced to work with have been rather poor.

Posted by Will on December 30, 2008, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Miriam

Will, why not grow up and realise that books and films are different mediums? And if jkr gave them the thumbs up then your petulant and arrogant opinion hardly matters.

Posted by Miriam on December 30, 2008, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Will

You sound far more arrogant than I do. I know loads of Harry Potter fans who share my opinions about the movies. It’s not arrogant to wish the movies were far more accurate.

Posted by Will on December 30, 2008, 02:48 PM report to moderator
louis

I dislike Dan.

Posted by louis on December 31, 2008, 08:21 AM report to moderator
anna

keshira,
Where in the hp books did JKR pen, in her own words that hermione is meant to be ugly? Nowhere, and that is an assumption some fans make, but if she were ugly, Krum, Mclaggen, and Ron wouldn’t be into her. Mind you Ron likes them pretty as well, check out Lavender, she’s pretty, as implied by the books.

Posted by anna on December 31, 2008, 08:27 AM report to moderator
Miriamsux

Miriam,
you always nag about the Emma as hermione scenes. and you try to come off as all-knowing n hp, but you’re pathetic, and singing the same tune every damn time!

ugh ugh ugh

Posted by Miriamsux on December 31, 2008, 08:29 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Fred and George Weasley [were] trying to find out what would happen if you fed a Filibuster firework to a salamander. Fred had "rescued" the brilliant orange, fire-dwelling lizard from a Care of Magical Creatures class and it was now smouldering gently on