Happy Birthday Melissa!

Birthdays
Posted by: John
December 27, 2008, 12:35 PM

When you have your birthday two days after Christmas, do you simply get larger 'combined' presents? Or do you just get more of them? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me either way, but we could ask our own Melissa Anelli to be sure! That's right! Our very own 'big cheese' Melissa 'coffee cup' Anelli has a birthday today, and I twisted Sue's and Edward's arms into letting me tell the Leaky world about it! As I write this I suspect her first present of the day may be arriving... the last time I was at her apartment I trained Moochka to bring her breakfast in bed and she just about had the hang of it, so here's hoping that went well. I wish I could be in New York to celebrate with her, but the best I can do this year is raise the first glass to the girl who keeps all of us here at Leaky on our toes - one of Harry's most loyal fans, the funniest New Yorker on PotterCast we've ever had, and the only person I know who makes better guacamole then Chipotle. I'm crazy proud to say she's my 'other' favorite published author, most patient teacher of good grammar, and my best friend :)  Happy Birthday Melis!!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Birthdays News

Nick Laporte

Hey Mellisa, this is kinda late, and all, but my cpu has been down. Just finished “Harry A Hisory” today, thanks 4 givin me sumthin 2 read. See ya

Posted by Nick Laporte on December 29, 2008, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Nick Laporte

Posted by Nick Laporte on December 29, 2008, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Shellie

Happy Birthday Melissa sorry this is 2 days late!!

Posted by Shellie on December 29, 2008, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Shivi

Happy Birthday, Melissa !!!!!! Thanks for all the mind-blowing potter news you’ve given us !!!! Cheers!!!!!

Posted by Shivi on December 30, 2008, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Rolf

I read Melissa’s book. I enjoyed it very very much.
Happy Birthday!
I hope Moochka was up to Melissa’s breakfast serving standards

Posted by Rolf on December 30, 2008, 10:58 AM report to moderator
radish_earrings

Everybody gives a whole lotta big cheers for Melissa! Three isn’t NEAR good enough!
You are such an incredible woman, and an inspiration for all us Potter fans. Your book is amazing, written beautifully and with real wit. I’m so happy for you. HaPpY bIrThDaY!

Love, Radish :)
PS And my cat Galway send love too

Posted by radish_earrings on December 30, 2008, 10:18 PM report to moderator
messr_moony

Happy belated Birthday, Melissa!!!! just finished your book and absolutely loved it!

Posted by messr_moony on December 30, 2008, 10:45 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

Happy Birthday Melissa!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on February 10, 2009, 08:45 AM report to moderator
Hogwarts_crest_thumb

youre so awesome melissa! i loved your book and your podcast and your website and im going to actually see you in san francisco!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYy see you then! thanks for spreading the love, you got a lot of love in return <3

Posted by PinkDumbledore :]ROAR[: on April 07, 2009, 12:39 AM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

A belated Happy Birthday! _

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on April 22, 2009, 08:28 AM report to moderator

Harry looked eagerly inside the envelope. There was another piece of parchment in there. He read it through quickly and felt suddenly as warm and contented as though he'd swallowed a bottle of hot butterbeer in one gulp: [i]I, Sirius Black, Harry Potter's