Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Hungarian Translation Released

112

Feb 10, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Readers of the Harry Potter series in Hungary had the opportunity to pick up their copy of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” as the translated edition was released in that country on February 9th. Many bookstores held midnight release parties for the thousands of fans who stayed up late to get the final book in author J. K. Rowling’s series. A number of images from a release party in which Hungarian translator, Tóth Tamás Boldizsár, also attended are available to view here. This edition of “Deathly Hallows” will contain 608 pages.

Many thanks to Daisy for owling!

15 Responses to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Hungarian Translation Released

Avatar Image says:

Thats’s cool, but I’d hate to wait this long!

Avatar Image says:

YAY. I’ happy for my neighbours. But why are some countries so slow? In Croatia translated edition came out in November(610 pages). Harry Potter i darovi smrti rulez!

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think, the countries are slow, I say it’s all about the rights and everything. The (terrible) translation of fans came a few days after the original book have been published. I didn’t read that, but I finished the English edition three times. Now I’m finally able to enjoy it in Hungarian.

HURRAY! ;)

Avatar Image says:

I really can’t get my account in here to work properly, so I haven’t been able to write to any of the admins, so I could tell them, that the danish version was released quite a few months ago? Any suggestions as to what I should do ?

Avatar Image says:

Hi! I’m from Hungary. I can tell you why we had to wait so long: it’s all about money! Other books, not so popular books can make profit at Christams time, because a lot of parents buy books for their children. But the january-february time is very bad in book-selling. So they relase a Potter book this time, becuse they can make very great profit with it in this time, too.Translation took only two month…

Avatar Image says:

Gawd.. i’m glad i didn’t have to wait that long! I just went out and bought the English version, because the Dutch one came out in November (and i HATE the Dutch names they gave the characters.. so that was my other reason).

Are there any countries left that don’t have a translated version yet? I mean.. i feel sorry for them if they really want to/need to wait that long for it!

How long has it been since the English version was released? 8 months? that’s a very long time… i know i couldn’t wait..

Avatar Image says:

The danish version was also published in November, and I haven’t even read it yet! I agree with Lisette, in Denmark a lot of the characters get weird names, and I really enjoy it much more when it says the same thing in my book, as it do all around the world ;) I’ve also read the other six in english, and they’re a lot better then the translations! ;)

Avatar Image says:

I think the good thing about it is that after reading the English version we still had something to wait for.It took so much time that’s sure,i remeber the translator said he finished the work in late november.

Avatar Image says:

What I’d like to know is what is the likelihood that most HP fans in Holland will already know the ending (and even most of the story) simply from interviews from JK herself, press, Leaky news, Pottercast etc. Also, what percentage would have read the book in english already? If I was a non-English speaking Hungarian or any other nationality that is getting a late release of a native translation of Deathly Hallows, I’m wondering if I would try to learn the absurdly strange english language just to read Harry Potter :-)

Avatar Image says:

I’m Hungarian and I learn English since I was six years old. Now I’m 15. I ran and bought english Deathly Hallows the day when it came out from bookstores. I HAD TO read it, I couldn’t wait for the translation. And I really enjoyed it, but I can’t say anything wrong about our translator, Tóth Tamás Boldizsár, because he does an excellent work. I will get my copy of DH today, so I can read it in Hungarian, but I already know it by heart.

Greetings to all HP fans all over the world!

Finally out:)

Avatar Image says:

hi everybody, i’m colombian. i learn english when i was 15, now i’m 21. Deathly Hallows was sold here in colombia at july 19, just 2 days before england. i bought the book at that day at 06:00 pm (colombian time). i couldn’t believe it, i was almost magic. the person from the bookstore called me that day and say: “we have the book”, i shocked, the i say “is it true? i thought i will be release on july 21, first in england”, he said yes we have it, it just arrived, i run for my book and started to read it that very day. can you tell me how i happened? the next day i read in jo’s page that the release time was near, i just laugh. :-)

Avatar Image says:

if someone knows what happened, write to me to [email protected]

P.S: the book cost 100.000 colombian pesos