PotterCast 139: We Can Do It!

364

Feb 19, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

This week’s episode of
PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is now online and ready for your listening pleasure. In our 139th episode, we have for you some new information regarding the casting of “Half-Blood Prince,” the possible two-part “Deathly Hallows” film, and more about our upcoming fan conference in Boston, LeakyCon 2009. In Phoenix Files, the PotterCast Trio takes apart the next segment of the fifth film including the scenes involving the Arthur Weasley attack and Harry’s emotional state afterwords. Next, in Bit-by-Bit, we turn to the second half of Chapter Seven, where the topics of the visit from Rufus Scrimgeour and the dragon Norbert are discussed. Our Scribby5 girls have the King of Pop on their minds, as they talk about a spoof essay now available online. Finally, we bring you an update on the PotterCast Acting Troupe along with much more. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“We Can Do It!”

- More about LeakyCon 2009.
- One snitch to rule them all.
- Vampire talk, cross-fandom style.
- Why does Dumbledore finally look at Harry when Harry is in such an emotional state?
- Norbert’s… change.
- Voldy is the king of pop.

RT: 1:09:38

Editors: Stede Bonnett, Samantha McManus, Liz Turney and Andrew Garner

Scribbulus
LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (32 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (8 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

22 Responses to PotterCast 139: We Can Do It!

Avatar Image says:

PotterCast rocks… and Norberta always knew she was a female dragon. Hagrid is just oblivious.

Pottercast! Hallelujah!!!

Avatar Image says:

Too much work to do tonight to listen, but it’ll be something to look forward to tomorrow! Always brightens up my day.

Avatar Image says:

John’s rant on house elves is amazing. And Sue’s reaction is the best! Although I’m with sue about the house elves! Yay for transformers! _

Avatar Image says:

Im saving this podcast for a bus ride tomorrow but John’s performance in last weeks show might go down as the funniest in podcast history…...However my first podcast was LET THEM EAT CAKE #135

Avatar Image says:

One of these days I’ll be able to audition for the PotterCast Acting Troupe.

Avatar Image says:

Thank goodness for Pottercast… I have a 2 hour bus commute every Wednesday that I don’t think I could get through otherwise. Can’t wait to listen :)

Avatar Image says:

Great!! I was waiting for this! Downloading it now! Pottercast people, you rock!!

Avatar Image says:

GREAT Thanks, btw I thought that John was in “slytherin” Sue in “Hufflepuff” and Meilissa in “Griffindor” (mouchca the cat in “ravenclaw”) now I am confused ha h aha aa,

Avatar Image says:

Leaky is the first podcast I took the time to listen to, and now I can’t get enough.

Is Scrimegour pronounced “Skrim jur” or “Scrime Gower”?

Avatar Image says:

A dragon with a gender identity crisis? The Stay Puft House elf (that’s an art challenge right there)? LoL. You guys have way too much fun.

Avatar Image says:

Love this podcast! Listen to it everyday on my way to school:) Its funny and I learn a lot:) Can’t wait ‘till Rowling is back on!

WoopWoop! Pottercast Rules! =]

Avatar Image says:

class! john u r a ledgend!!!

I LOVE POTTERCAST!!!! thats all i have to say….lol

Avatar Image says:

omg john is so funny. his innocent voice HA I’m listening right now. Wow go transformers!

Avatar Image says:

“The cauldron’s got a hole in it, it’s where the punch leaks out.”

~Theme Song for LeakyCon’s Ice Sculpted Cauldron

leakycon! :( it’s times like these that i wished i lived in america. :( :( :(

Avatar Image says:

This is my first time listening to pottercast. It’s really good. you guys talk about everything…....I’m another avid Potter fan. keep up the good work….can’t wait for the movie to come out. I hope they put more action and leave out less details. I think Part 5 could have been an even better movie with more details from the book that were left out.

Avatar Image says:

hey think ur cold im in CANADA! i just had my first ever snowday -22*C anyway luv the show

Avatar Image says:

hey i think that ron found harry and hermione with the put outter b/c they had a certain passion or emotion when they talked about him, well just my opinion TTFN

Avatar Image says:

OMG I loved when you guys were talking about where to split the 7th book and you were saying after the doe patronus because of the climax and then John was like “and then we can split it after Ron and Hermione have their climax” SO FUNNY! i know it was inappropriate but it really wasnt that bad just HILARIOUS!

Write a Reply or Comment