New Harry Potter Blu-Ray “Book” Collector’s Edition DVDs Due This Year

123

Mar 12, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Warner Brothers has now announced new plans to sell special collector’s editions of the Harry Potter DVDs in the Blu-ray format which will come in ‘book-like’ packaging. High Def Digest is reporting tonight that WB will “re-issue some previously-released Blu-rays in ‘book’ editions including selections from the ‘Harry Potter’ series (dates TBA).” Other DVDs released in these high definition Blu-Ray format book editions are presented so “the ‘book’ houses the Blu-ray disc, and opens up to a full-color booklet with additional photographs, production notes, and vintage press kit excerpts.”

At this point we do not know if all of the previous Harry Potter films will be re-released and to what extent this special packaging will include, if there will be new written material from the directors, producers, cast members, or what we can expect to find with these discs. We are working to find out more and will update when we can. Thanks very much to Raymond for the heads up!

13 Responses to New Harry Potter Blu-Ray “Book” Collector’s Edition DVDs Due This Year

Avatar Image says:

awesome, jim sturgess should play regulus black in the future films

Avatar Image says:

YAY! oh yeah. jim sturgess. . .swoon.

Avatar Image says:

jim sturgess… i would so be down with that.

Avatar Image says:

i hope they get to do the same thing for all seven movies once DH has been released, it was a cool concept to release the all 7 books in a “trunk set”, it would be the same when all 7 movies are released like a book set.

Avatar Image says:

All I’ve got to say is…. just like their HDDVD version. Mine’s a TRUE collectible now! ;)

Avatar Image says:

Can you use your super connections with WB to find out if they’re going to re-encode the Blu-Ray versions at a higher bit-rate (less compression?) which will produce a higher quality picture?

Or are these the same transfers that are on the current Blu-Ray discs?

If Blu-Ray had to win, I’d like to see the full 50 Gigabyte capacity of Dual Layer Blu Ray discs used to make for an absolutely STUNNING transfer!

Avatar Image says:

Can someone talk to WB and ask what they will do for the many fans who do not have Blu-Ray capability particularly for the new films yet to come.

Avatar Image says:

WOW sounds great, i can’t wait. Blu-Ray is the way to go. When you play movies in blu-ray and add in surround sound it feels like you are at the movies again. I can’t wait for all the HP series to come out on blu-ray, my sister and me will have a Potter festival just like christmas day all over again :)

Avatar Image says:

Personally I would advise people to be cautious about buying further editions of the movies. At least until each movie gets the FULL extra treatment, including ALL the deleted material, outtakes, commentaries etc. I don’t think it will be worth owning if it’s just this ‘book’ edition.

The ultimate sets probably won’t happen until all 7 movies are out. I don’t care if I have to wait that long.

Avatar Image says:

I’m kind of pissed. I mean this just means I can buy a PS3 now and use it as a blu-ray player. but I still have the HDd-dvd copy of OOTP that I bought because i wanted to see the film commentary that the cast did, but now i don’t want to buy an HD dvd player to watch it on because there’s no POINT! I HATE technology!!!

Avatar Image says:

I hate Steve Van Der Ark. Guy is a complete ass and what he is doing to J.K.Rowling is just disgusting. What a complete son of a bitch.

Avatar Image says:

wow, that sounds cool, but why not make it look like the sorting hat or something like that, THAT would be AWSOME!!!!

a book is cool too though

Avatar Image says:

Too Celia…My boyfriend & I have 2 HD DVD players, 3 of the HP movies in HD DVD version, and my boyfriend purchased a Blu-Ray player as well, just we could also buy Blu-Ray movies and watch them – - guess which player gets used more? The HD player gets used every day…and the Blu-Ray NEVER gets used. I wouldn’t be too upset…the HD players are really cheap, you can buy one on-line for under $80 now, and they are wonderful upconvert players too…so I’m not upset Blu-Ray won. A lot of people have 1 of each. I plan on using it until it burns up. I guess for people who didn’t already buy the 1st set, it makes sense to buy this new release – but like every movie that they re-release 100x – it’s just to make more money & sucker people into buying the same movie again.

Write a Reply or Comment