114

Mar 31, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

There are a few announcements today regarding Terminus 2008, the Harry Potter conference set for August 7-11 of this year. Earlier we told you Scholastic’s Harry Potter continuity editor Cheryl Klein and fantasy author Tamora Pierce would be the keynote speakers at the event in Chicago, with tickets open to Terminus attendees. Today, tickets to both of these keynotes are now open to the public, and you may order via this link. Both events are sure to be popular, especially given this is the first time an editor of the Harry Potter books has given a presentation at a Harry Potter conference. Please note both the keynotes include the presentation and a full meal.

Also now available to the public are tickets to the The Trade Winds Quidditch Tournament, and a very anticipated event, Wrock Chicago, the day long Wizarding rock event. On a related note, Terminus also has now announced the winner of the special Twenty-Fifth Band Competition for Wrock Chicago, with that slot going to Tonks and the Aurors. As an extra bonus, the all day Wizarding rock event at the Hilton hotel in Chicago will now open at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 6, instead of noon in order to include the runners-up. New additions to the lineup include groups The House of Black,RiddleTM,Ministry of Magic, Nagini, and Swish and Flick. To see the entire list of bands playing at this event which will be held one day before the official start of the conference, please click here.

8 Responses to Terminus Updates: Key Note Speaker Tickets Available to Public, 25th Wizard Wrock Band Announced and More

Avatar Image says:

OMG, RiddleTM is coming!!! yaaaay!!! :D

Avatar Image says:

Terrific news!! I’ve been dying to hear Ministry of Magic perform their new songs.

Avatar Image says:

Swish and Flick sound great. Check out their Myspace. I’ve met her personally thru a HP group and she’s very sweet and super excited to get accepted. The fact that they made an exception and allowed runner ups to perform, shows how many talented the HP fans are, artists, writers, musicians. I’m so proud to be a part of a group of amazing people as the HP fans.

Avatar Image says:

OMG!! I can’t believe RiddleTM is coming!! I can’t wait!! SQUEE!!!

Avatar Image says:

I have never heard of any of these people in my entire life

Avatar Image says:

then you need to spend more time of myspace.

Avatar Image says:

Is anyone else as pumped about Tamora Pierce speaking as I am? It’s official: between her and the amazing wizard rockers that are going to be there, I am going to find some way to make it to Terminus or I will die trying.

Avatar Image says:

I totally agree with you Jackie M. Swish and Flick are the greatest. Don’t forget Nagini, whose also a member of the group as well. So is Celestial Warmbottom and one of the Gringotts Girls. If there’s anyone I’m missing, I appologize. Wrock house y’all. Congrats again to the winners and musicians attending.

Write a Reply or Comment