PotterCast 147: Ninja!Squee

364

Apr 14, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC

The 147th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is here for you this evening with an update regarding the PotterCast Acting Troupe and the latest Potter news. This week the PotterCast quartet discusses the confirmed September 25th Broadway debut of the play “Equus,” the announcement of a new “Beedle the Bard” contest from Amazon.com, additional “Half-Blood Prince” casting, and much more. Bit-by-Bit then kicks off with talk of the eleventh chapter of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” going into Lupin’s Grimmauld Place return and Harry’s reaction. Canon Conundrums follows with a discussion on Cornelius Fudge, in which the PotterCasters attempt to figure out his Hogwarts House affliction. Scribby5 also makes its return this week with a fun interview with Dracologist, Charlie Weasley. Finally, in the drums we check who currently can call the royal PotterCasters their own on Facebook, play Frak’s “Friends” fraternity quiz, and tell you about the relaunch of Melissa’s “Fitting It In” podcast. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Ninja!Squee”

- PotterCast Idol.
- The most famous mouse drops by.
- Lupin visits the trio at Grimmauld Place and asks if he could help.
- Mickey Mouse is a Hufflepuff.
- Charlie the Quidditch master.
- Who owns who on Facebook…
- Fitting it all in.
- Also, robots.

RT: 67:00

Editors: Stede Bonnett, Liz Turney, Samantha McManus, and Andrew Garner

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (31 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (8 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

27 Responses to PotterCast 147: Ninja!Squee

Avatar Image says:

First comment! Yay! LOL at Frak’s computer voice!

Avatar Image says:

Oh and I made a video for Sue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNIWS9_Sa5U Please check it out!

Avatar Image says:

Squee!! I’m off to listen to it now! I’m glad they did Fudge in Canon Conundrums this time, I’d been wondering about that for sometime now!

Avatar Image says:

Frak’s computer voice reminds me of the voice for Snape in Potter Puppet pals!

Avatar Image says:

omg thankyou so much! i’ve been sitting at home sick and i thought that we wouldn’t get a new pottercast until at least tomorrow. yay!!!! ohh and does anyone know what the hilarious song at the end of last week’s show was? i know sue or melissa said it a couple of episodes back but i can’t find it! please tell me!

Avatar Image says:

Woooohh!!! Pottercast xD!!! Wooooooh!!!!

Avatar Image says:

YaAaAaAaAaY! I’m looking forward to the 150th episode especially. Will it be an anniversary one? :)

Avatar Image says:

Agree with Julie up there!

You guys are great, thank you for your hard work and keep it up!

Avatar Image says:

battlestar galactica! yay! :)

Good job !

Jo has been in the news here in the UK recently and I am not referring to the unfortunate (but very amusing, I think even to her) dress collapse at the awards. Young Dan Radcliffe was in yesterday’s Times talking of his love for cricket. Next to the same article was a piece about a neighbour of mine, a sport’s psychologist, Jeremy Snape (yes, thats right) being recruited by the new Indian cricket league to help with their pre match mental preparation. The by line was ” Snape to help with mind games…what oculmancy ?”

Lastly, last night, Birmingham saw and heard a truly wonderful 25th anniversary concert by the National Youth Choir. During a change between choirs, the wonderful host Rupert Stigoe, arranged for the crowd to sing in 4 part harmonies the following ditty (sung to the tune of “Frere Jacque”)

“Harry Potter, Harry Potter”

Where’s he gone, where’s he gone ?

Run off with Hermoine, run of with Hermoine,

Poor old Ron, poor old Ron”

The standard of the audience was incredibly high -and it sounded wonderful !

Avatar Image says:

Hey Potter People. If your’e a fan of the manga Death Note and Potter there is a great animation by Slinkers on deviant art http://slinkers.deviantart.com/art/Potter-Note-81546519 and a second one too. Check them out!

Squee! new Pottercast. Downloading NOW(:

I am loving these Pottercasts

Avatar Image says:

Okay, As mentioned in the introduction: obscure news history here… National Security Advisor Sandy Berger removed classified documents from the National Archives by hiding them in his pants (!) He pleaded guilty and served time in jail.

So Frak, the security for Beedle the Bard will be a LOT higher than some measly classified documents. :-) The winner of the Amazon contest will be required to wear the white cotton gloves when reading the book. There will be no accidental removal of the book.

Avatar Image says:

I love it! Great episode guys. If I win, I think I’ll try and bring a camera. I doubt that they would let you take pictures.

Avatar Image says:

I’m really enjoying the podcasts. They’re becoming a Sunday night/Monday morning tradition.

If you hold a contest where the winner gets to go to LeakyCon for free, then the winner should be me. I’m just saying.

Avatar Image says:

come on guys, i thought you were broadway fans! Premium means about 6-8 seats, dead center 6 rows back, concidered the best seats in the house. it is not unusual to have these seats at about twice the regular rate, and prices are always higher friday and saturday night. regular orchestra is pretty much $100 on for all shows but Premium, is quite typically $200 or more.

Avatar Image says:

The addition of Frak is GREAT! But can we have a Canon Conundrums that is more than just what house someone is in?????? You guys are much smarter than that and there are a ton of things still unanswered/ Don’t end up like Mugglenet trying it Make The Connection to everything.

Avatar Image says:

LOVED THIS EPISODE!!! ESP. Frak’s refrence to the Friends episode, LOL loved it!!!

Avatar Image says:

There were two friends things, the one during the middle and the one at the end, and i meant the one in the middle whn you said a paleontologist that works out, that made me laugh so much

Avatar Image says:

I don’t recall if Regulus was mentioned as Regulus Arcturus Black in the OotP movie: but having R.A.B. in a picture, lets them introduce the Slug Club WITHOUT the drawn-out scene on the train, and sets up the Christmas party, etc… so in one scene Slughorn can:

Introduce Harry to the Slug Club. Invite Harry to join (rather than on the train) Mention how “Regulus Arcturus Black, Sirius’ brother, was in the club….” which can be a bittersweet moment for Harry, remembering Sirius, etc… might even be tied to Ron’s poisoning.

Avatar Image says:

Cool a new episode. Can’t wait to hear it

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think this Bit-by-Bit did the chapter justice. There were so many parts that I couldn’t wait to hear them discuss in favor of proclaiming again and again that they were surprised about Lupin’s behavior, etc. And Mel just kinda cut Frak off at the end there.

Avatar Image says:

Excuse me, I meant to say ,”...left out in favor of… blah blah blah.” Typos!

Avatar Image says:

Oh My Goodness! I Saw Cornelius Fudge as the Wizard from ‘The Wizard Of Oz’ too!

Avatar Image says:

Pottercast rocks!!! Also when are you going to put Frak as part of the staff for pottercast on your website you need to. P.S I think Fudge is in Hufflepuff because he works hard but is too scared to relize voldemort is back. Love the show!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Awesome pottercast as always!!

- yay -