JK Rowling Contributes to Birthday Book for Prince Charles

Apr 02, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The Times is reporting that J.K. Rowling has written a piece that will appear in a new book celebrating the 60th birthday of Prince Charles. In Hugo Rifkind’s column, he says the Harry Potter author has contributed writing that will appear “in The Birthday Book, to be published by The Prince’s Foundation for Children & the Arts” for the Prince of Wales birthday in November. Authors Anthony Horowitz and Philip Pullman are also said to have contributed to this book.

Readers will recall back in February, Prince Charles remarked to actress Julie Walters (Molly Weasley) at her CBE award ceremony how much he enjoyed the Harry Potter films. J.K. Rowling has also met with the Queen several times previously, and the Trio of Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) appeared in a special Harry Potter video skit that was part of a celebration for Queen Elizabeth in June of 2006 (video of that available here in our galleries). We are trying to find out more about this book, and will update with more when we can.

18 Responses to JK Rowling Contributes to Birthday Book for Prince Charles

Avatar Image says:

I hadn’t heard of this organisation but anything that encourages enjoyment of and participation in the arts is a good thing. There are two barriers to be overcome, prejudice and cost.

Avatar Image says:

WOO HOO, this is amazing news, about time we’re able to get our hands on more Rowling writing. I have read anything new by her in… well 8 whole months. November will be kick ass

Avatar Image says:

Sounds neat. I must find out if it will be available over here. If it is, I can’t wait.

That is nice of her.

Avatar Image says:

I like Prince Charles, he is rather old fashioned but thats the monarchy for you but he is a sincere prince and quite opinionated. Not so sure about his taste in 2nd wives though, shiver! Hope he has a happy Bday and uh…share what JK wrote with us!

Avatar Image says:

“— Writing by Anthony Horowitz, Philip Pullman and J. K. Rowling will appear in The Birthday Book, to be published by The Prince’s Foundation for Children & the Arts to mark the Prince of Wales’s 60th birthday. But Charles once wrote his own children’s book, The Old Man of Lochnagar. No extract?”

Thats all there is in the article. But I just realised that it will be published. I thought at first it was just for the Prince. I am always happy see anything new JK writes even her musings on the website.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, finally we can see some new writing by Jo! So, it will be published, at first I thought it’ll be only for the Prince! Wonderful news! Waiting for a confirmation!!

Avatar Image says:

This only another example of how Jo is continuing to contribute to literacy, the literacy of children and the betterment of the Arts.

AND … :-) ... More from our favorite author! YEA!!!

Jo you are an amazing woman! Thank You!

Avatar Image says:

On a different path, I think it’s wonderful that JK has contributed to a birthday book for His Royal HighnessThe Prince of Wales and his copany. I also rate the Prince of Wales quite highly, mainly due to his contribution to the environment and due to his contribution to the Arts

Avatar Image says:

never hear of this, but anything Jo. is involved i am right next to her.

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm, I wonder if it will be new material. It could be an excerpt from one of her existing books or one of the Tales of Beedle the Bard.

Avatar Image says:

Any writing by Jo is worth buying and reading on my account! Can’t wait !

YAY!!

I am soo gonna buy it when its published! Thanks for keeping ud updated Leaky!

Live, Love, Harry Potter!

Avatar Image says:

The good news: J. K. Rowling is writing! The bad news: Anthony Horowitz is writing too. He should get a clue and learn that HARRY POTTER IS A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THE STUPID ABOMINATION OF ALEX RIDER!

Avatar Image says:

Yay, Pullman and Rowling, two of my favorite authors! Actually, I find the Alex Rider books to be enjoyable, light, adventure stories. The books are better than the movie, and they get better as they go along (I particularly liked Scorpia). Harry Potter’s much better, but if you are looking for an adventure story you can finish in an afternoon or two, Alex Rider is a pretty good option.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulaions!!!! How cool is this- another Jo Rowling i cant wait till its out- now were did i put my party poper….oh and happy bday prince Charles!!!!!! : o D

dame rowling….

Avatar Image says:

yes! can’t wait for that! xx :-) wonder what she writes? maybe it’ll be a section from one of the harry potter books or beedle the bard … xx

Write a Reply or Comment