Emma Watson Not Officially Confirmed for “Napoleon and Betsy” Movie

281

Apr 30, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Earlier this month, we told you of reports of a possible new role for Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) in a new film called “Napoleon and Betsy.” At the time we were unable to confirm this news, and today, the official Emma Watson website has been updated to say that in fact, this is not yet a confirmed role for the actress. The site states that Emma is interested in this project, however states this casting is not confirmed, nor has an official start date for the production been given. We will continue to follow this story, and will of course update with more when we can.

33 Responses to Emma Watson Not Officially Confirmed for “Napoleon and Betsy” Movie

Avatar Image says:

1st comment! Yay! I’m sort of glad that it isn’t confirmed, because I want to reread, and decide if I think that she will do well in the role or not. I can’t really remember what the character of Betsy is like, so I’m not sure if I want her to play Betsy, if she gets the part, I will be happy for her, but I would like to decide what I think before I know whether or not she will be Betsy.

Avatar Image says:

i will be excited to see emma in a different movie

Avatar Image says:

As in Napoleon Dynamite and Betsy?

Avatar Image says:

LOL. Yes, Jon Heder will be playing Napoleon.

Napoleon: “Fire the cannons… Geez!!! Idiot!!!”

Enter Emma from offscreen:

Betsy: “Oh Harry—... um I mean Napoleon… what will we do?”

Avatar Image says:

well i hope emma gets the rolei think she willdo spendidly

Avatar Image says:

Apart from Ballet Shoes, it’d be great to see her take another role. I sincerely hope this isn’t an “Oh Don Piano!” moment.

Avatar Image says:

laugh Oh man. Nice one Cromer :) To see John Heder and the HP cast together would be hilarious… imagine the fun they could have if Napolean Dynamite went to Hogwarts!

Snape: That doesn’t look like the potion you were supposed to be making, Mr. Dynamite.

Napoleon: It’s chap-stick! My lips hurt real bad!

Avatar Image says:

ahhhh…it’s still in talks but unconfirmed yet…since all the reputable news networks did say emma was taking over fr johansson…i’d love to see her doing it asap though…there’s a lot of time between hbp and dh…unless em intends to go to uni… though tht role may be somewhat adult and the memoirs of betsy balcombe indicate the girl is anything…but a kid! prob. emma has to prepare herself for this adult role…

Avatar Image says:

Maybe she changed her mind after those not very nice paparazzi shots of her after her 18th b’day party came out. This movie is about a romance between young girl and and old man – the pervs will love it, just like they loved those photos.

Avatar Image says:

That’s funny, I was expecting this exact news! I woke up thinking it…

Avatar Image says:

I want to see Emma in new role but I think shes ocupied with HBP at the moment and next year with DH. But shes just getting started!

Avatar Image says: so the unconfirmed is definitely unconfirmed, but it may or may not be confirmed at a later date….. Sad how the comments are more entertaining than the article.Avatar Image says:

Emma’s agents confirmed she was attached to the project according to UHP. Maybe it’s not “official” though. Many would find Emma in any sex scene hot. Many twenty something and older guys would definitely find it hot in Napoleon and betsy. Funny I can picture guys dragging their girlfriends to a period romance. at the movies.

Avatar Image says:

I wish emma decides to play the role. If she does I wonder who will play napoleon. Maybe Leonardo DiCaprio?

Avatar Image says:

He’s not old enough. Napoleon was around 46 yrs old at the time of his exile. They may go with an older thirtysome actor though.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah i suppose. Maybe he could act as a 46 year old. I’m sure Emma wouldn’t like it if she had be with a 46 year old man. That’s probably why she hasn’t decided to play Betsy yet.

Avatar Image says:

I thik she’s decided on it, it’s just the timing of the filming that may become an issue. According to UHP anyways.

Robert Downy Jr. totally hot and older. Daniel Day-Lewis- need I say more.

They are plenty of hot older guys who can pull this role off. Plus I think the major theme of this movie is the older man/younger woman twist. A different romance.

ah Robert Downey Jr.!!!!

Avatar Image says:

By the way its sad I know, but I want her first on screen kiss to be Rupert

Avatar Image says:

Kiwi, that is sad. Why should Emma’s first screen kiss be with Rupert? He had his first in Driving Lessons and Dan had filmed December Boys and done Equus, both of which contained sex scenes before Ootp was out. Plus in DH the horcrux-Hermione kisses horcrux-Harry before Ron.

Avatar Image says:

Because I don’t think your comprehending just how sad I am! Ah cmon they should CGI the horcrux thing

Avatar Image says:

They would cgi the horcrux as it would look too unrealistic (not to mention be more expensive) they’ll manipulate using fx but that’s all. Perhaps you should get over these sad feelings and start to realise that Emma is an actress (however limited) and she will play different roles some of which romantic. And would people stop wishing for Napoleon to be played by some Hollywood heartthrob!

Avatar Image says:

They would not cgi the horcrux as it would look too unrealistic (not to mention be more expensive) they’ll manipulate using fx but that’s all. Perhaps you should get over these sad feelings and start to realise that Emma is an actress (however limited) and she will play different roles some of which romantic. And would people stop wishing for Napoleon to be played by some Hollywood heartthrob!

Avatar Image says:

Jonester – Leonardo DiCaprio is 34 now, by the time they start filming this, he will be an older 30s actor. I’m not saying I see him as Napoleon however.

Avatar Image says:

Napolean was a short man … so I think Dicaprio or Robert D Jr. would be better choice .. Napolean was only 5 ft,2 inches

Avatar Image says:

Whether Emma accepts this or not, there won’t be any hot love scenes for the fanboys to drool about. If I remember it right, Betsy doesn’t have a romantic relaitonship with Napoleon. She was just there to releive the boredom of his exile. I think it was one of Napoleon’s guards that she has an affair with. Besides, even if they change the age from 13 (Betsy’s age in the book) to 18 in the movie, it will still be eeky for a teenager to have a romantic affair with a middle age man. eew.

Avatar Image says:

So Emma is hesitating about this project? hmmm, I agree with that poster who said maybe Emma was creeped out because of those papparazi pics she got during her birthday. The perves and DOMs would have a field day thinking of a teenager making out with a middle age man. yuk !

Avatar Image says:

No, i don’t think it’s because of that. It’s probably for the same reason as most others, ie finding funding , script, and then the final signing.

it’sfun

Avatar Image says:

Is she doing this to appeal to her pervert fanbase? I wish she would hold out for something better.

Avatar Image says:

“I´ve read somewhere that her eyebrows are confirmed for this movie. Unfortunately they demanded such a large payment, that the movie company couldn´t afford to get the rest of Emma…..lol”

LOL. Best laugh I had all day.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah that eyebrow stuff gets funnier and funnier everytime. Original.

I think there is a question about filming dates. There is already a script and funding. Personally seeing Emma in any sex scene would be hot. Having her with a 40 something would be considered extremely hot by a huge portion of her fan base. They can make it work. Good career move. Her new agents in Hollywood are doing their job.

Write a Reply or Comment