Accio 2008 to Auction Set of Signed Harry Potter Novels

108

Apr 08, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Accio 2008, the Harry Potter fan conference taking place this summer in Oxford, England, announced they will be auctioning signed editions of the seven Harry Potter novels for the benefit of the National Literacy Trust. The complete set of seven adult edition Harry Potter novels have been signed and donated by their author, J. K. Rowling, for this event. The first six novels will be auctioned separately during the conference, while the seventh will be presented to a lucky attendee who participates in a raffle. All proceeds from the auction will be benefit the National Literacy Trust.

The National Literacy Trust is an independent charitable organization which supports and promotes the advancement of reading and writing in the UK. More information about this charity can be found here.

On a related note, a limited number of spots are still available for Accio 2008. Those interested in registering can find more information here. Accio 2008 will take place July 25-28, 2008 at Magdalen College in Oxford, England.

13 Responses to Accio 2008 to Auction Set of Signed Harry Potter Novels

Avatar Image says:

Wish I could get my hand on one!!!!

Avatar Image says:

This makes me cherish my signed copy and Jo experience all the more.

Avatar Image says:

Wow!! I wish I could go, I really do!

Avatar Image says:

That’s a great idea. Too bad she’s not publishing the Tales of Beelte the Bard though.

Avatar Image says:

Imagine how warm one’s heart would be, to have a signed Harry Potter book… sigh

Avatar Image says:

Oh, man, how I’d love to have one of those…but even if I got one of those auctioned ones, I’d still want to have one of my personal collection signed. It’s different when it’s someone else’s book. And besides, there’s something about SEEING it getting signed. _

Avatar Image says:

I would give my soul to dementors so I could be there!

Avatar Image says:

Oh… I really really wish I could go… sniff sniff. I was just looking up the programme and it sound amazing! I hope you guys get something interesting about them to post here…. :) So we can get a thrill vicariously through someone who has been there.

Avatar Image says:

I’m going, right mark my word people, ONE of those books is goin to be mine! (hopefully)

Avatar Image says:

I’m sorry to be so ignorant, but, what is the difference between the “adult” version of the books and what has been published so far?

Avatar Image says:

The adult version has a different cover

Avatar Image says:

i wish i could watch and read half blood prince, i wish i could go, but i am a boarding student in a college, have a nice time, there

Avatar Image says:

thats great man . i really wish she does all this in India somewhere . shes doing all this only in england . i mean there are loads of fans in India tooo . anyways i hope she reads this message. have fun too al the people attending this conference. n best of luck to JK Rowling for her upcomming projects.

Write a Reply or Comment