Harry Potter Actors to Attend Florida SuperCon

116

Apr 08, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Harry Potter actors Devon Murray (Seamus Finnigan), James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), and Stanislav Ianevsk (Victor Krum) have been confirmed to make an appearance and participate in a Question and Answer session at the upcoming Florida SuperCon this May 23-25, 2008. Taking place in Fort Lauderdale, FL, the convention will feature an hour long Q&A with each of the actors, followed by an opportunity for attendees to have their photo taken with the actors. This will be Mr. Murray’s first appearance at this fan convention. In addition to this event, even more Harry Potter themed activities are planned throughout the weekend. A Wizard Rock Ball will ring in the convention on Friday night, along with a showing of a wizard rock documentary called “The Wizard Rockumentary: A Movie About Rocking and Rowling.”

Tickets for this convention are available now and start at $25 for a three-day weekend pass if you order online. Please note, an additional fee of $30 or $40 is charged if you wish you have a professional photo taken with one of the Harry Potter actors individually, or $100 for a group photo will all four actors. More information on the convention and purchasing tickets can be found right here.

Thanks Kat!

41 Responses to Harry Potter Actors to Attend Florida SuperCon

I wish I could go!

Avatar Image says:

If they can make it to Florida then they can certainly make it Dragon*Con this year in Atanta.

Avatar Image says:

why is everything in america? when will someone make a hp convention in canada jeez.

Avatar Image says:

Will not pay 100 dollars for a group photo.

Absolutely not.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve known for a while and I sooooooo want to go, but It’s like a 12 hour trip humph! I wish had another HP friend to take the trip with me, but my best friend that I take road tips with is definately NOT into HP and there is no way I can convince her to do this with me.

Avatar Image says:

Aww, I wish I could go . :( That seems really cool, though. 100 dollars… hmm, I guess it’s worth it! :D But I mean, it’d be worth it even more if more actors came :)

Avatar Image says:

Mallory, I centainly hope they make Atlanta, I found out about that one last year, like the day after it was over, I was fuming. I live like three hours or less from Atlanta, I would do that road trip by myself.

Avatar Image says:

I too was shocked at the charge for a group photograph, even by a professional, that is an exorbitant fee.

Avatar Image says:

Sounds really cool….I would seriously want to meet the twins who play Fred and George…..!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

MICHY i totally agree. more hp stuff in canada, and not just toronto every once and awhile. how about halifax? we always get overlooked.

Avatar Image says:

“The Wizard Rockumentary: A Movie about Rocking and Rowling.”

Best. Title. Ever!

Avatar Image says:

I HP thing in Canada is an excellent idea! I couldn’t make Prophecy last year, and who knows when another HP thing could come up here! I wish I could go to the thing in Florida! I would so get the group pic!

Avatar Image says:

MICHY and k, isn’t LeakyCon going to be in Boston? Not too far from parts of Canada (at least the Eastern side anyway). And K – thanks for the beautiful Christmas Tree Nova Scotia sends us here in Boston every year. I’ve driven to Montreal and Quebec City, it’s not too bad a drive, you’re a bit father I know, but stop off in Maine for a break, all of New England is beautiful. We Bostonians love our Canadian neighbors!

Avatar Image says:

YESSSS IM TOTALLY GOING. this would be my very first real harry potter experience besides going to the movie/book premieres :(.

Avatar Image says:

jeez, im gonna SKOOSH the people who made up that ridiculous price!

Avatar Image says:

Darn, why can’t I live in Florida? Beautiful weather and HP stars?? Meanwhile, I’m freezing my rear end off in Boston (yes, there will be Leaky Con, but that’s over a year away!). Anyway, I so wish I could go. I’d totally pay 100 for a group photo. I mean, how many times does one have the opprotunity to have a pic taken with so many HP actors, all at the same time? Well, if I’m going to this thing, I might as well start walking now, seeing as that’s the only way I’d get there. :-)

Avatar Image says:

I know y’all think $100 is outrageous, but each of the castmembers get their cut, so that’s $25 gross, less what the con is keeping for overhead (photographer, room, backdrop, etc.) Would you give each of them $25 if they asked? They’re asking…

I have a friend who’s a booking agent for Aussie actors. She spends her summers lining up their convention visits—the cost to get them from Sydney to LA is massive, and most cons won’t cover the entire cost themselves. So the actors pay for their own flight over, and then get the gross of the autographs and photo sittings, rather than net. The actors do their 1 hr. Q&A, a charity breakfast, and a few other appearances/performances, for which the con covers the room and a perdiem for meals.

TANSTAAFL!

Avatar Image says:

OMG i am sooo there, final something in Florida. I cant wait.

i agree with bandersnatch it is awsome.2

Avatar Image says:

i soooooo wish i could go!!!!! i would kill for it to be in Brooklyn, New York! i only started liking Harry Potter about a year ago so i don’t know if it was in New York or not, but i want it to be in Brooklyn soooooooooo badly!!!!!! I WANT TO MEET JAMES AND OLIVER PHELPS AND GET A PICTURE WITH THEM!!!!! I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HOW MUCH IT COSTS!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I just moved from Florida!! This is so unfair, now I live 12 hours away!! I really wish I could go. Maybe I’ll fly there for the weekend… Hmmm

Avatar Image says:

Sounds pretty sweet :) I wish I could go, but sadly, Florida is a bit far away from me. I agree with all the people who have said that we should have more Canadian conferences. And yes, I know, there was Prophecy last year. But that’s a bit far for some people to go. Toronto’s close to me, but even I agree that people in BC and the East should have opportunities. Ahh Well. Why don’t you organize one K?

Avatar Image says:

Ahh if only I could go. I’m going to meet Oliver and James Phelps before I die. I adore them. James and I shall be married one day xD

Avatar Image says:

I actually live about an hour from this, but I won’t be going. It’s not the admission fee, that’s really cheap-but I resent that we’d have to PAY to take a pic with the celebs. Yes, I resent it, because it’s not clear who’s getting the money-them, or the photographer. That’s a LOT of money. There’s potential for tens of thousands of dollars to be made—what are they being paid to star in the films? How greedy can you get? I realize it’s all a business, but surely they are being paid to SHOW UP, aren’t they?

It’s a real downer to think about.

Avatar Image says:

They need to come to australia!! D: There’s like no HP connventions or anything here!

Avatar Image says:

My pleasure! Hope to see all sunny FL HP fans there!

Avatar Image says:

*Hates and kicks self for not going to the Florida convention and instead going to Terminus which will have NO Weasley Twins to stalk and fling myself at

They even had tickets available for a meet and greet with drinks! (drunkin Twins…dies…)

Avatar Image says:

If $100 is too much for you, don’t forget – there is nothing stopping you from taking a picture with them at their table!

Avatar Image says:

Can you just take a photo with them for free? I mean, does it have to be professionally taken? Will they not allow you to bring your own camera or something?

I need to know NOW, because I live in Florida but Im scheduled to be going to Wisconson that weekend for some speech and debate tournament and I only have two more days to drop out of it. I REALLY want to go to this, though.

Avatar Image says:

I AM IN TOTAL SHOCK. For once in my life they come to FLORIDA!!!! Im going and paying however much it takes!!!!!!!!!!! AND ITS TWO DAYS AFTER MY BIRTHDAY!!!! PERFECTTTTT! Im meeting the Phelps twins :PPPP

Avatar Image says:

My mom is going to look into it! I will die if i see them in person

Avatar Image says:

Hey, just to clarify… you WILL have a chance to get pictures taken with the actors without paying the $30 to $100, but they will be sitting behind a table and you will have a whole of 5 seconds in which to greet, have someone take picture and get an autograph. The professional photo opportunity is for anyone who wants to get a picture taken by a professional with the actors standing/posing with you, the picture is printed on site and then you can have the actors autograph there and then. Hope this alleviates any concerns anyone had. Passes to Florida SuperCon are only $25 right now and are $30 max for general admission, VIP passes give advantages in the Q&A sessions, etc but aren’t outrageous compared to the HPEF and other events (registration for those START at $160 and go upwards of $220). Any questions about this go to the Florida SuperCon site (www.floridasupercon.com).

Avatar Image says:

Hi guys, This is Mike…i’m the promoter of the con. I’ve seen that there may be some confusion and I just want to clear some things up.

I work very hard to make sure that the show is as cheap as possible so that everyone (regardless of income can attend) unlike some other conventions and events. Case in point, our general admission weekend ticket started off at $15 (if you bought early enough) and is currently $25 (with it being $30 at the door). There’s no other show our size that is this cheap. I do this to make sure everyone who wants to attend, can attend. For that $25 you get to sit in all the events (except the sit down dinner and open bar cocktail party) This includes al the Q&A’s (we have 4 set up already with the Potter guests – one for the twins, one for Devon, one for Stanislav and one for the whole group), all the bands (we’ll have over 12 bands – and so far we have 3 Wrock bands planned) and everything else we have (our programming tracks are way too big for me to post here… but check out our events page for more info).

As for taking pics with the celebs… no one says you can’t meet them at their autograph table and take a pic with them there. The pro photo ops are for those who want a professional 8×10 by a pro photographer with a backdrop that will be printed on site so that you can have it signed by the guest (if you like) or just take it home as is. As for the cost remember that the cost is being split in 6 different directions…the photographer, all 4 guests and the show (which has to pay to fly everyone in from Europe, put everyone up, cover advertising, cost of the space and guarantee that everyone (other than the show itself) gets paid for their time. For anyone who finds fault with that, I don’t really know what to say. You can come, meet the celebs, listen to them talk for hours, listen to bands etc… all for $25. No one is forcing anyone to get a professional photo taken. In addition, don’t forget the over 50 other guests we have, including Larry Kenney (Lion-O in the Thundercats), Samantha Newark (Jem and the Holograms), Grey Delisle (Avatar, Grim and Mandy), Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force) plus: dozens of comic book guests, musical guests and other celebrities. But like the old saying goes, you can’t make everyone happy.

Thank you, Mike Broder – www.floridasupercon.com

Avatar Image says:

Jaimie, you should try and go this year. There is no word yet if they are coming back. If they do come, they are SO awesome to meet, and if they do not come D*C is still a sight to see. This is my 4th year going so I know a bit about it. =)

Avatar Image says:

Many celebrities charge now for autographed photos. The days of Star Trek conventions where an autograph as well as an audience Q & A is now long passed. The charge helps keep the number of people waiting in line down, as well as the horrendous hand cramp that afflicts the celebrity giving autographs. How would YOU like it if you signed your name over 2000 times in less than two hours? As I understand it, depending on the celebrity and their management, it also helps defray the convention’s cost of paying the celebrity for their appearance. You don’t think they show up for free, do you? (some exceptions of course)

Avatar Image says:

aw poo what about Mathew Lewis, he’s soo funny. He and the twins are a riot at conventions. Wish i could go but I’m Irish so there ya have it.

Avatar Image says:

thanks for the tips on the prices- will try to convince parents to let her go

although question- reading over the website there is this particular ticket *BRONZE MEMBERSHIP PASSES Entrance to the show 30 minutes early each day (including the exhibition room) special promotional items, special VIP badge, invitation to the Sunday night Convention after party. FSC Fast Pass, which puts you to the front of the celebrity autograph lines, no waiting – you will be escorted to the front of the line. Access to all events except the Friday Night Cocktail Party and Saturday night celebrity dinner LIMITED TO 75 TICKETS – $65.00.

so does that mean that the photo is included; or in addition to the $65 you have to pay 30?

Avatar Image says:

Emil – Professional photos are not included in any of the pass prices.

The benefit of the bronze pass are the free goodies, the autograph fast pass (less waiting in lines for autographs), the collectible VIP badge, and an invitation to the after party.

Hope that helps. =]

Avatar Image says:

I posted on the topic for this on the forum that I will be there available to help anyone with any questions. If you have questions or concerns. Pop over there. =]

Avatar Image says:

omg i would do ANYTHING to get a professional picture taken with the twins. i probably wont be able to go though. :( i wish they had more HP related conventions in SoCal.

I wish I could go…:-(