JK Rowling Contributes to “StoryCard” Charity Auction

May 09, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has contributed a special “storycard” as part of a charity auction in the UK. Bloomberg reports that Jo joins authors such as Richard Ford, Nick Hornby, Doris Lessing, Tom Stoppard and Sebastian Faulks who have all written an original piece on a “blank A5 sheet ” for this auction, which will benefit the English PEN and Dyslexia Action. The auction will take place in London, England on June 10 at a branch of Waterstone’s book sellers, and “will be restricted to an invited audience and bidders.” “It’s impossible to say how much this auction will raise,” said Gerry Johnson, managing director of Waterstone’s, in the statement. “With the caliber of authors involved, then really the sky is the limit. Owning an original piece of work by a favorite writer is the ultimate limited edition for fans.’‘

12 Responses to JK Rowling Contributes to “StoryCard” Charity Auction

I’m first….is that good?

Avatar Image says:

ROFL…it depends on what you’re first AT, Cathy! Well, I think this is great. I just wish I lived across the pond, so I could have a go at it! Tom Stoppard is in good company w/JKR!

Avatar Image says:

Ah! I wish I could bid… and win… =)

Avatar Image says:

Okay this news is exceptionally brilliant! What better way to help a charity organization!

Applause

Avatar Image says:

Confederate Lady I only meant that since I am first to post (hence “I’m first….is that good?”) it seemed as though there should have already been loads of posts as usual before I get my post in!

heheh….. It’s all good.

Avatar Image says:

I really hate that it’s for invitees only. My money is as good as anybody else’s :(

Avatar Image says:

Oooo. It’s original material. Maybe it is what happened in the missing 24 hours… Dare to dream. I wonder if whoever gets it will post it for us to see.

Avatar Image says:

I love Jo, she’s an amazing woman.

Great! love you Jo!

Avatar Image says:

I’m with you Cromer, hopefully we’ll be able to get a summary like with Beedlt the Bard

Avatar Image says:

Hoe come i dont have a limitless amt. of money? I want it so badly!!!

Guess it will never happen…

Live, Love, Harry Potter!

Avatar Image says:

I wish I could have enough for some luxury like this someday… It’ll never happen. I don’t have good luck…

Write a Reply or Comment