Potter Book and Movie Props Part of Auction to Benefit Film School in UK

122

Jun 12, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Several items from the world of Harry Potter are due to be part of the Great British Movie Event, an auction being held to help the National Film and Television School in the UK. Along with actor Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) and UK audio book narrator Stephen Fry , OotP and HBP director David Yates is due to be attending this event to be held on June 17 where several unique props from the Harry Potter films are set to be auctioned. One item of note in this auction is an uncorrected proof of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, which is signed by author J.K. Rowling. Actor Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort) is reported to have contributed a signed book for this event to be held at the Old Billingsgate in London, England. Other items of interest include a tuxedo worn by James Bond (aka Daniel Craig) in Casino Royale and a bowling
ball from hilarious cult movie, The Big Lebowski which is signed by the Coen Brothers.

Thanks Steven!

14 Responses to Potter Book and Movie Props Part of Auction to Benefit Film School in UK

Avatar Image says:

Wish I’d’ve had stuff like that at filmschool…

Avatar Image says:

Its no ordinary film school, only the best can get in. David Yates went there

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, at ours, we didn’t really have a big event :( Let alone something like that! And no Yates either ;)

Avatar Image says:

After I do film production at uni im gonna attempt to go there. In relation to the article in question, if this a private event and what time does it start?

Avatar Image says:

After i graduate its where I wanna go, hopefully!

Avatar Image says:

That is so cool! imagine being able to work with the stuff in the HP movies! so cool.

Avatar Image says:

That would be so awesome being able to see an uncorrected proof, as well as Jo’ signature

Avatar Image says:

Yes the Big Lebowski…awesome….I’m going to go tell my flatmates.

Avatar Image says:

Oh and good luck to all those future film directors or actors out there, I hope you get in too!!

that is so cool!

i love Harry potter , because very best magician . i love daniel

Avatar Image says:

Sweet, I hope they make lots of money at the auction.

Avatar Image says:

Too bad the UCLA Filmschool didn’t do something like this, when I went there. Even with Spielberg, Lucas and a host of others, who went there! David Yates exceeds them, by far, and the folks “across the Pond” seem to have the best of everything! Not that I’m envious or anything [cough, cough] but you have a great Film Media…Great Actors/Actresses…and devoted film makers! sigh Good wishes and good luck with the Auctions! large grin

Avatar Image says:

Which Bowling ball? I’d put a bid on that. Except if it was the one John Tuturo licked.

Write a Reply or Comment