113

Jun 26, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Warner Bros has new promotional footage of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that is being unveiled at industry events. The Hollywood Reporter has a new article online saying a “brief montage of clips” was broadcast Cinema Expo 2008 in Amsterdam. The report continues to note that “Daniel Radcliffe also introduced a “Harry” retrospective. Warners international distribution president Veronika Kwan-Rubinek told exhibitors that “Prince” would be distributed in “digital, 35mm and Imax, with select scenes in 3-D.”

Readers will recall yesterday we learned of the new “Half-Blood Prince” logo poster that was shown at this same event. We do not know what footage or scenes from HBP were specifically shown at this event, and if anyone was in attendance, please send in your reports!

Update: Variety is also reporting this same news as well, however noting the footage of “Half-Blood Prince” was shown during the Harry Montage introduced by Dan Radcliffe. Their report also contains this bit of eye-popping news: “The “Harry Potter” franchise has taken a whopping $4.48 billion worldwide to date.”

Thanks much Bonnie!

63 Responses to WB Airs New “Half-Blood Prince” Highlight Reel, New Harry Montage at Cinema Expo

woohoo!

Avatar Image says:

oooh i hope they put it online! or someone tells us about it!

thats cool!!!!

Avatar Image says:

o this kind of news for more hpb pics or a teaser trailer. but yea i hope they put it online too!

Avatar Image says:

Seriously, if anyone has some footage, SHARE!! Hopefully, it will hit the internet soon and one of us can grab it. Woot, finally something from HBP!

Avatar Image says:

i can’t wait for the trailer… come on WB!!!! it’s only six months away…

Share the footage!

Avatar Image says:

I checked it out on comingsoon.net and it’s not much a teaser poster. All it is is the title of the movie and says 2008 on the bottom. But it’s still better than nothing.

Avatar Image says:

zomgggggg. if anyone went. share the footage with us!

Avatar Image says:

hehe when is the trailor coming out?! come on WB!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, come on. Let’s get some footage all the fans can see.

SQUEE!!Must have trailer…..

Avatar Image says:

Someone needs to get said footage online ASAP!!!

Avatar Image says:

Must. know. what. footage. was. spazzes

AAHHHHH YES! News must be coming! :DDDD

Avatar Image says:

When can we see this? WB you’re killing us!

Avatar Image says:

Lets hope they put it up tomorrow or someday this month or next month. I wonder what we will see. Any ideas? And yeah if anyone has a video of it or something please share it.

Avatar Image says:

Were creeping closer and closer. I typed in HBP pics on google and after 23 pgs I found a man standing by a poster of the Half Blood Prince it looked reliable, black background with a Big Dark Mark in the center and the logo at the bottom with a tagline I couldnt make out. Now I have seen photoshopped pics and this seriously looked like it was taken with a real camera.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, if there’s any written info on what was seen, do share!!

Avatar Image says:

Guys, I I DID say that the HBP teaser would be attached to prints of “The Dark Knight”... but I wouldn’t put it past the WB to put it up online a few days before that. Reportedly, teasers for “Watchmen” and “Terminator Salvation” are supposed to be attached to TDK as well.

I would be more than thrilled if anyone who had went to the exhibition would at least post a brief description of the HBP scenes shown. Anything HBP-related would be nice.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, if there’s any written info on what was seen, do share!!

Avatar Image says:

ah, please forgive my repeatative posting my computer whacked out on me. stupid piece of junk, acts up sometimes.

Avatar Image says:

bellasnape, I saw what you were talking about! it looks very real. the tagline says “everything will change,” I’m almost positive

Avatar Image says:

PleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasePLEASE give us the trailer!!! OMG I can’t stand this waiting, I hardly have any hair left at all for tearing it all out, I am going to need a bed in St Mungo’s before long, come on WB!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure those ‘clips’ will be interesting..OH COME ON WB!! STOP MUCKING WITH OUR HEADS. It’s due already.

Avatar Image says:

The teaser poster yuo’re talking about is a fake.WB had confirmed it in May.What dou think we’ll see in that video

screeeeeams

Now when will we get to see it?

My bet for teaser trailer in UK is before Prince Caspian (out today). I hope so anyway because I’m going to see it on Saturday!

Avatar Image says:

i really want to see this footage. and i looked on google and i couldnt find the pic! someone help me i am going crazy! please wb give us the trailer so we can relax and be happy

Avatar Image says:

I saw that poster on mugglenet a few months ago. WB comfirmed it fake. Like the one with Harry and Dumbledore standing by a lake or something. That was fake to.

Avatar Image says:

Interesting – WB are (slowly) on the move. Now we need the teaser trailer so we can start complaining at the wait for the full length trailer!

Avatar Image says:

Ok. Now someone is saying that the HBP trailer comes out with Wall-E. If anyone is going to that can they tell me if it’s on there. This better be true. But I think that the trailer will come with The Dark Knight. Eagle Eye is coming out September or December is when it comes out. I’m not sure and it’s June and they already showed a trailer for it. Samething for Twilgiht. I think that comes out in Decemeber.

Avatar Image says:

Hmm, this is annoying. Sort of a back-alley way of advertising the movie.. how about forgetting about the executives and giving the FANS something?

Avatar Image says:

Urg. Why are we hearing about clips shown… when we haven’t even gotten a teaser trailer…

Don’t get me wrong… I’m wicked excited and hope that anyone with these clips can send them in, or at least tell us about them… but I just really want a trailer. Lol.

Oh well… I guess it will come out when they feel like making the HP World go crazy and relax at the same time…

:-)

M-B-W

Avatar Image says:

Finally some news for HBP, Please any information about the images, we would like to know tooo…......Share!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

<< Variety is also reporting … this bit of eye-popping news: “The “Harry Potter” franchise has taken a whopping $4.48 billion worldwide to date.”>>

Wow. There’s so much to be said about this… More than $4 billion? I’m almost disgusted.

Avatar Image says:

It’s got to show up on You Tube eventually. By the way, anyone know what happened to Snitch Seeker? I haven’t been able to access it for a couple days.

Avatar Image says:

Now this is what I was hoping for… something to get us a little excited… I mean we can speculate on what we hope is on the mondage etc… I hope someone will post the vid soon… that would be perfect!!!

Thanks Leaky!!!

Avatar Image says:

I doubt we’ll get this footage. It seems similar to what they usually show at comicon and we never got that footage.

I’m getting really annoyed about lack of news. Seriously, two official photos and a behind the scenes 7 months ago that was made before hardly anything was filmed. Ridiculous. We had way, way more for OOTP at this point. I’m also annoyed that they forced sites to remove those new images that we got weeks ago. We all saw them, so why not be nice and release official versions of them. It’s not like they gave anything at all away (as if we don’t know the plot anyways).

I can understand not having a trailer since they just wrapped filming a month ago and all the cg work that they must need for Dumbledore’s hand, but no pictures or interviews/behind the scenes at this point just makes absolutely no sense to me.

This footage sounds like it was basically like the beginning of the GOF teaser.

Avatar Image says:

We all must REALLY REALLY LOVE professor SNAPE- we want all this info about him. That was a joke! Stupid probably Im terrrible at jokes. Any hoo, someone did show us pics that were leaked – you know the party, Harry Looking in the cupboard, Snape and Draco, Narcissa. Maybe this “leaker” will do this again. One can only hope, pray, pullout hair, scream….. Just give us SOMETHING!

Avatar Image says:

I know Big Fan that is the one I saw and am talking about, I said it looks legit, and I go on here every day and dont recall WB debunking this one. So I dont know. Besides its in a poster case on a wall with a movie goer by it.

Avatar Image says:

NEED THIS ONLINE NOW! I AM GASPING FOR AIR RIGHT NOWWWWWW! OH PLEASE, DEAR LORD & HEAVENS ABOVE. OH PLEASEEEEEE!

Avatar Image says:

Still no trailer, eh? Hopefully it’s paired with Wall-E , Journey to the Center of the Earth, or The Dark Knight. Maybe Hancock. I just want to see Sluggy. And Alan Rickman kicking Dumble-ass. I want that footage now gogogo! And to whoever mentioned Eagle Eye: OMG MUTT IS INDY’S SON shot

Avatar Image says:

so when can we see this montage? WB is seriously getting on my nerves. I can only wait so long before I explode!!

Avatar Image says:

I hope something comes up soon!!

Avatar Image says:

now this IS beginning to be quite annoying,... I mean what the …. !! where is the teaser trailer?! WHAT is going on in that crazy company (WB). Movie after movie they give us sneak peeks, images, ... a few new movie shots here and there to keep us fans excited, and now .. FIIIIVE pictures …

Avatar Image says:

Wall-E is a Disney movie, so I doubt the HBP trailer would be attached to that.

However, I have hopes for the Dark Knight. It’s a Warner Bros. picture, so that would make more sense to me. (Also, DK looks AWESOME, and I can’t wait to see it….) I vote that the trailer will be in front of it. Can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

I think the teaser will definitely be coming out with The Dark Knight. It’s a WB film, it would be just the right time for a teaser and tons of people are going to see it so it will be great advertising.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks BellaSnape- I really do hope the trailer has SOME Alan, or else what’s the point of HBP? It IS about Snape. Also, here’s my idea for the DH trailer: The fate of the world is in his hands.” Then they have clips of the trio in different scenes, then Xeno has a voice over: “Unite the Hallows and you will become the master of Death….” More clips. then a conversation between Harry and Hermione: “He loved you, Harry! He TRUSTED YOU!” “SHUT THE F* UP, HERMIONE!” (Yes, this wasn’t in the bppk, but it would be awesome in the movie.) More epic clips of important scenes, including Neville shouting “DUMBLEDORE’S ARMY” and brandishing a sword, then a silence, a close up of Bella looking evil, then Molly running to fight saying “NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!” Then more clips, including Voldy laughing maniacally, Snape being strangled by Nagini, and then a pause, and a fade in of Harry being hit by AK in the forest. Then the theme plays, with the logo appearing. How’s that?

Avatar Image says:

long gone at the days when we would have a harry potter film in november , but we would have a teaser trailer in apirl. its practically july, and no teaser. full trailers should already be appearing in july, not teasers.

Avatar Image says:

Warner Bros. is sucking more butt by the minute.

It started with the announcement that special edition DVD’s will only be available on blu ray format. I realize the deleted scenes were deleted for a reason ( they usually suck), and the extra clips aren’t really anything extra, but…I like them. I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that the fact that I would have to purchase a blu ray player ( not to mention a high def. t.v. that supports such a player, or even a cable company to convert my reliable old school t.v.) PISSES ME OFF. Bad financial decision WB.

Then, they began racing around the internet demanding pics be pulled- refusing to “officialize” anything….and as the icing on the cake….

They produce a ” montage of clips” for ” the industry” but they can’t produce a teaser trailer for the masses. Obviously, they want to market the movie- they want the “your gonna make a cash if you give us cash”. Do they even consider they wouldn’t even have a market were it not for the millions!! If they didn’t have a market, they wouldn’t of produced it. But, as always, instead of giving back to the people who put the franchise at 4.48 BILLION- they give to those who can make them more.

If I was a strong girl- I would boycott all of this. Instead, I will leave it at this: You are a greedy bastard WB. I’m glad I don’t have to sleep with you.

Avatar Image says:

Bitter, you are bitter :) And I don’t blame you, I’m so bored of waiting. What are they doing? It can’t take that long to make a 1 minute trailer surely?

Avatar Image says:

bitter, yeah i agree with you i dont think im going to go watch this movie.i will just download it from a torrent site. sounds silly but im pissed of

Avatar Image says:

lol Hey, someone else has my name! Cool! I’ve been commenting since 03 and have yet to find someone with the same name!

Anyway, well, I’m tired of anticipating stuff. I’m just waiting for Batman to come out so I can be excited about stuff again. It has to be before Batman. And they probably won’t release a trailer before TDK is released because they have YET to do that.

This better be a SPECTACULAR trailer. lol But I have no doubt it will be- advertising was amazing for OotP.

Avatar Image says:

Whoever said Wall-E is a Disney movie good point. Tell that to the person who said the trailer for hbp is coming out with that movie. Got to Mugglenet- Deathly Hallows fansite and tell them. I have a strong felling that the trailer will come out with The Dark Knight. If anyone is going to that movie will they be so kind as to tell me if the hbp trailer is on there. Thanks alot.

Avatar Image says:

so, is this footage being released to the public?

Avatar Image says:

starfish, im going to see that movie pretty soon after it comes out so ill report. im sure there’ll be many more people before me though. ill post as fast as i can

Avatar Image says:

i have strong hopes that the teaser will come out in front of dark knight but if the warner bros people had any sort of a brain they should of released it infront of get smart.the movie grossed almost $40 million over one weekend

Avatar Image says:

Tom M.: Actually a minute does take some time… but lets not blame this on the creative force- I want to blame this on the man reaping millions from the creative force. Up yours WB. It’s our flag. Wave it high.

Luke: Be careful downloading….their our some ugly things out there that can do ugly things to your computer.

From the ” greedy bastard logistic viewpoint”....Batman makes sense. People are going to see Batman because- it’s Batman. What a better way to sell a film then with a film that sells itself? Atleast then they got the bucks for the movie seat…how many really wanted to see ” Get Smart” .

They have us pinned. My flag still stands. They suck.

Avatar Image says:

Your welcome DeathlyH, but for some odd reason your compliment from me was deleted. I cant find it. But that is a really good point I too having a huge crush on Alan hope that he has as much screen time as Snape as possible. That was good thoughts about the DH trailer as well. Helena needs more screen time as Bellatrix. She does too good of a job to be left out.

Avatar Image says:

Did you folks hear that the movie is being postponed? it is going to be announced soon. ,.. I heared there were problems with production and there are even greater problems in postproduction… it looks like theyre not on schedule with all the cgi and Yates is not satisfied with many scenes… WHAT is going on in that crazy company?!! (WB)

Avatar Image says:

Whyyyyy haven’t they released anything to the general public, why is this taking so long? At this point I’m almost expecting Tony Blair to be in HBP. Geeez.

Avatar Image says:

FINALLY! Somthing we can latch onto. That poster was a big disapointment, almost looked like they didnt even try. I am so psyched for the trailer and pictures!

Avatar Image says:

To Stan: Where did you hear that about david yates? I didn’t here anything about them.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to see the trailer – I bet it will come out with Hancock. I haven’t heard any of the rumors that the movie has been postponed, so don’t believe it until its been announced from WB. They aren’t going to postpone something that is going to make them so much $$.

Write a Reply or Comment