Rupert Grint Set for New Role in Upcoming Film “Cherrybomb”

290

Jul 02, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

News comes today from our Order partner RupertGrint.net which reveals that actor Rupert Grint is set to appear in a new film slated for a 2009 release entitled “Cherrybomb.” The site reports that Rupert, who portrays the character of Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter films, is currently in the process of filming for this project which should wrap production in early August. A short description of the film accompanies this news which notes that it will be set in Belfast, Ireland and describes the film as “a gritty thriller about two teenagers who get into trouble when they both fall for a beautiful new girl in town.”

Rupert can be seen next in the sixth Harry Potter film, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” when it hits theaters November 2008.

Thanks to RupertGrint.net!

58 Responses to Rupert Grint Set for New Role in Upcoming Film “Cherrybomb”

Avatar Image says:

yay!! Rupert’s my favorite actor in Harry Potter. First comment?

I like what they called it.. :DD .. CHERRYBOMB!! XD

Avatar Image says:

Lovely! Shine, Rupert, shine!

Avatar Image says:

Well gongrats to Rupert! It’s probably something like Driving Lessons…?

I really like seeing what the Potter kids do outside the franchise.

Avatar Image says:

GREAT NEWS about Rupert. CONGRATULATIONS!

WHOO! *dances.

Avatar Image says:

I loved Driving Lessons…fab movie…so I cannot wait to see Cherrybomb! love the name btw

Avatar Image says:

Actually, Cherrybomb seems like the very opposite of Driving Lessons! Good move on you Rupert! Cannot wait to see this.

Avatar Image says:

Ruperts awesome, I loved driving lessons, it was hilarious, expecially with julie walters, and Rupert is a great actor. I’m glad to see him in more movies and stuff outside of Harry potter, but he’ll still always be ron to me :)

Avatar Image says:

GO RUPERT! Yay yayayayyayay!

Avatar Image says:

This is what rg.us has posted

“We told you details would be released soon and we were not lying! Cherrybomb, a thriller set for release in the UK and USA in 2009 is the mystery project we’ve been talking about! Written by Daragh Carville and directed by Lisa Barros D’Sa the storyline follows two best friends who are looking forward to a summer of fun when a beautiful but troubled girl makes them dangerously compete for her affections. The movie’s content includes drinking, drugs, shop-lifting and stealing cars. Characters are Luke, Malachy and Michelle.

We have exclusive details coming for you but you may view its link at IMDB here!”

Avatar Image says:

This sounds like a very interesting role for Rupert. I’m really happy to hear this. Getting into trouble over a girl.. well, does sound quite different from his Driving Lessons role which is a good thing too. :D

Avatar Image says:

On seeing the title I thought he was making a documentary on his ice cream van! Seriously though, good luck to him – it sounds like a movie I’d be interested in watching.

Avatar Image says:

Naaah..I thinlk I´ll skip that one too..But A HUUUUUUGE congrats to Rupe and his fans :-)

Avatar Image says:

I seriously can’t wait for this. Rupert being the opposite of Ben in DL. That’s hot. Really hot. xD Stealing cars, doing drugs. Oh my GOSH! *faints.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is a fine young actor. He did an excellent job in “Driving Lessons” - especially in his scenes with Julie Walters! Can’t wait to see him in this new film!

Good for Rupert.

Please tell me I’m not the only person who started singing, “Ch..Ch..Ch…Cherrybomb!” in their head. Does that make me old?

Avatar Image says:

I am seriously so excited! ICM has been taunting us with big career news for Rupert. I’m so happy he’s going to be doing a movie that sounds like the exact opposite of Ron. A lot of people thought Ben and Ron were too similar to really tell how talented Rupert is. I can’t wait! I hope it plays in theaters in the US! Apparently the script writer has won lots of awards and the director, though kinda new, has won a BAFTA before!

Avatar Image says:

What the? What happened to all the comments?

Avatar Image says:

...Is he gonna have to do an Irish accent?

Because, um. Oh dear.

Avatar Image says:

Can Rupert manage an Irish accent? Didn’t he say he wanted to be a bad guy in a film, like Malfoy? Maybe this thriller will so a new side? Is it going to be released in the US?

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is really good with accent. Did you hear him speak some HINDI and Spanish? The boy was spot on. Since it is set is Ireland, I’m guessing he’ll play an Irish accent into his character.

Since this movie is definitely something a lot more adult in terms of the shop lifting, car theft, drugs…etc It’s going to be interesting seeing him step into such a role. The screenwriter is extremely talented so I’m excited to see what kind of material Rupert will be working with. Even though there won’t be an HP film out in 2009, at least we can look forward to a new RUPERT film!!!

The company distributing the film is also behind the new James McAvoy/Helen Mirren film “The Last Station” and that looks SOOO good. They seem to back really strong story/character driven movies with real substance.

Avatar Image says:

AWESOME !!! WHO IS THE GIRL?? WHO IS THE GIRL? OMG I’M SO EXCITED FOR HIM, HE IS GOING TO BE the OPPOSITE OF RON AND BEN, I CANNOT WAIT!!! I ALWAYS HAVE TO END MY POST WITH RUPERT YOU ARE SOOOOO HOT!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Excitement! I can’t wait to see Rupert playing a troubled guy!

Avatar Image says:

Is an independent film,right??now where are the Dan’s fans and Emma’s fans saying “why Rupert and Dan and Emma not??”LOL

Avatar Image says:

I, like many people on here, loved Driving Lessons, have watched it countless times, and would love to see Rupert Grint do another great job, in a contrasting role! Rupert is a good actor, and he never gets enough recognition for it because it is always (understandably, of course) Emma and Dan up for the awards for Harry Potter. Go Rupert!

Avatar Image says:

YES! I love RUPERT. This news has made my day.

Avatar Image says:

LMAO, Hindi? No, that one passed me by,..

Avatar Image says:

Hey everyone, now we now who plays Michelle and Luke!!! ACORDING TO IMDB MICHELLE WILL BE PLAYED BY KIMBERLEY NIXON AND LUKE WILL BE PLAY BY ROBERT SHEEHAN!!! the girl is pretty but she looks too sweet to play a trouble young lady, I cannot wait!!

Avatar Image says:

I absolutely can’t wait to see Rupert! GREAT NEWS!

Avatar Image says:

That sound great, congratulations to Rupert! If he’s playing a character named Malachi then I would expect an Irish accent so I hope he’s good.

Avatar Image says:

excellent! an Irish film with Rupert Grint!! wohoo! even if it is only northern ireland i don’t care! I wonder will Rupert be able to pull off a Belfast accent. They are pretty strong accents. Cherrybomb is a great title for this film considering Belfast has seen its share of bombs.

Avatar Image says:

The film sounds really good. I hope it’s shown at the cinema near me. I would like to see it.

Avatar Image says:

Where are all the comments?

nevermind

Avatar Image says:

The girl played Sophy in Cranford. We saw her on PBS.

Avatar Image says:

and they don’t give Rupert any awards, but look at all these new jobs he’s getting! =D

Congrats, my love, on the new film! Can’t wait to see it! <3

Avatar Image says:

OMG OMG! the best news this week! I’m so happy for Rupert. Driving lessons is awesome and this one sounds even better. more hot :D bring it on!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I hope it stays clean in here, please…... I love all of the actors. That being said…

I’m happy for Rupert. I hope that this film is well written, and will be well directed. I hope that it challenges Rupert in a way that is different from Ron and Ben.

Best of Luck to Rupert…:)

Avatar Image says:

im really excited hes doing another movie i think hes easily the best actor of the trio. hands down

Avatar Image says:

Rupert play a teenager who falls for a beautiful girl. OH MY GOD, HE ALWAYS APPEARS SO SO SO SHY. It will be so funny to see him fall for a girl.

Avatar Image says:

@Sarah, ermmm, Dan and Emma already have other jobs lined up. Dan has this little thing on Broadway that will go straight till the next HP and Emma is supposedly lined up for that Napoleon movie. Does anyone know when that one is supposed to film?

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait to see that! Hell, I’ve enjoyed ‘Driving Lessons’, so I am pretty sure I’ll enjoy this as long as Rupert gets the girl! Lol.

Avatar Image says:

UHm, Rupert doesn’t seem to be listed as one of the cast in IMDB.com. Are you sure he’s included in this movie?

Avatar Image says:

It is filming on location 7 july to 2 august apparently. they were casting extras on 23 june. http://www.wimps.org.uk/index.cfm/go/news/key/B2B156EE-1372-37DB-A011676A2996A9AC

I just read that the producer of this also produced My Boy Jack: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117987477.html?categoryid=3167&cs=1

OMG RUPERT~ IM SO GLAD AHHAHAHAHAAH CHERRYBOMB XD

okay, no panic. CANT BELIEVE ILL SEE RUPERT IN ANOTHER MOVIE~ :D CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Avatar Image says:

I also don’t see Rupert’s name in the IMDB.com. But if his fansite is reporting that he will be in this movie, then I think he’s included here. Huge April fool’s joke if he’s not. Maybe Rupes is just supporting cast and is not the lead. That would explain the lack of media coverage. They’d have capitalized on his name and ridden on the HP wave if he’s the lead star.

Avatar Image says:

ICM, I’m sure, got the information straight from Rupert’s management and they said he has a starring role. The movie is still in pre-production, so it’s waaaaay to early to start promotion, though they got a good start by giving a slight exclusive to his fansites. Very smart move on their part.

Avatar Image says:

Emma has not been even remotely confirmed for Napoleon and Betsy.

I am so excited and proud of Rupert, I can hardly contain myself.

I never wanted him to have to prove himself, but I’m glad he will finally show everyone that there’s a reason why he gets great reviews and has so many fans.

HE’S VERY TALENTED AND UNDERRATED!

Avatar Image says:

YAY….. Rup NEWS!!! i’m so excited!!! i’m so going to check that out!!! I LOVE YOU RUP!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Another flippin’ film about Belfast kids breaking the law? We aren’t all criminals, in fact when I was growing up, it was more dangerous to break the law if you were acting outside of any ‘organisations’; though I suppose that’s all changed now!

I wasn’t an angel, but I didn’t do anything as serious as cherrybomb seems to suggest. I am interested to hear if Rupert can do a convincing Belfast accent.

Avatar Image says:

Thats awesome, I can’t wait to see it. At least it will be better than Thunderpants…!

Avatar Image says:

Awesome,really,Rupert falling for a girl,he always excites things in every possible way. OMG,we are going to have the time of our lives seeing him do it. P.S. good luck Rupert.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert in a new film! Sounds GREAT!!! I’m happy!))) It seems to be very interesting and exiting indeed! But I’m not agree: Ron and Ben are quite different characters, maybe they have something in common, BUT they are not simillar at all! And I’m thinking “Cherrybomb” will be something completely new after all past Rupert’s rols. Rupert is bright talanted actor! He is GENIUS! I like him very much!.. And believe in him!! ))

Avatar Image says:

So was I the only one that thought that Driving Lessons was a mediocre unfunny and badly scripted pile of rubbish? Hopefully this new film of Rupert’s will be better than that, but like one of the commenters above, it does sound a little cliche. It’ll probably tr to sell itself as a lightweight Trainspotting or even Twin Town. God, another film riding on the non-existant Brit-flick wave.

Avatar Image says:

!!!!!!!! Rupert Grint is my favorite !!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!Keep up the excellent work R.G! !!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C_R_W

Avatar Image says:

thats great i hope he gets ore movie offers hes a great actor

Avatar Image says:

omg i cant wait to see this movie u do not no how much i love rupert grint i love him to death i hope some day i will meat him, and plus its in belfast ireland and when i grow up im going to move there omg i love this it highlited my whole intire summer! ugh i cant wait love u rupert

Write a Reply or Comment