New Publicity Photos of Radcliffe and Griffiths from “Equus”

267

Aug 02, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Playbill.com has two new publicity photos online featuring actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Richard Griffiths (Vernon Dursley) from their upcoming stateside revival of the play “Equus.” The photos, showing the pair together as well as a Radcliffe solo, can be viewed via this link. In addition to this, Playbill is also reporting that performances “will feature 52 onstage seats at each performance of the Peter Shaffer play at the Broadhurst Theatre.”

Dan Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths will reprise their roles in this production which first saw its revival in 2007 on London’s West End. “Equus” is set to make its Broadway stage run at the Broadhurst Theatre in New York City beginning with preview performances on September 5th. The play officially opens on Broadway on September 25th for a limited 22 week engagement until February 8, 2009. With the high demand for tickets, a number of dates and seats for various performances are nearly sold out. However, tickets are still currently available via Telecharge.com. The Broadhurst Theatre box office is scheduled to begin selling tickets to “Equus” starting at 10am on Monday, August 4th. Further information on ticket prices as well as exact dates and times for performances can be found right here, with complete information here via this link.

57 Responses to New Publicity Photos of Radcliffe and Griffiths from “Equus”

Avatar Image says:

HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT…now that is a fit body..no man bobbie but nice tone muscle six oack body!!

Avatar Image says:

HOT HOT HOT HOT – now that is a real nice body well muscle tone and nice abs – and no man boobs!! I’m getting my ticket tomorrow.

Avatar Image says:

Wow..he really is Hairy , hahaha, punny.

Anyway, congrats. for him and Mr. Griffith

Avatar Image says:

Might i suggest some wax?

WHOA totally a different looking Dan!!!!!! HOT HOT HOT HOT

Avatar Image says:

So will the audience members sitting on the stage be incorporated into the performance? Maybe as one of Alan’s delusions? I hope that proper sightlines are maintained.

Avatar Image says:

So, basically they’re ripping off Spring Awakening?

Avatar Image says:

he’s looking so gorgeous and grown up, I’m pretty sure his Broadway run will bring him a more successful career in US.

Avatar Image says:

Omg Brianna you only see hair in that fantastic body??wow he is stunning,he has a beautiful face and a great body.Dan the man!!

Avatar Image says:

OOOOmmmmmfffggggg!!look at his oh so awesome chest hair!!akkkkk wht a man!!and sooo manly compared to last equus! he;s been really working out…ohoohohoh

Avatar Image says:

wowwww…he’s really tan..or is it the lighting! and looks sooo good…i mean…REALLY good!! he shouldnt NEVER shave that chest hair!it makes him look like 10 times more manly and nicer with it…nice 6 pack too..way to go dan!!

Avatar Image says:

his body looks even bigger than how it was about 2 years ago – he sure is working out alot, his abs look bigger and more define the same with his chest, he looks more manly now than when he did Equus in UK! I guess becasue he is 19 compare to 17.

Avatar Image says:

It’s almost weird to see Vernon looking… healthy. After seeing how he looked in OotP, I was half-afraid he’d be dead before the movies were done…

Avatar Image says:

hi Daniel i was just saw this video and i saw you kissing a boy. is that true because o my goodness well bye/?

Avatar Image says:

nice. get it, Dan. next step, growing 6 inches.

Avatar Image says:

Whoa! Looking good, Danny boy! Those pics pack a lot of wallop. Dan is really looking more like a man now compared to when he first posed for those Equus pics in the West end promos. Glad they’re not overdoing the pics though. You can see the jeans unlike the pics of two years ago when they cropped off the jeans part and made it seem like Dan was naked.

Avatar Image says:

WOW!!!! He has certainly grown up! He is really looking HOT in this picture!! Of course, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bad picture of Dan. NICE!!!!

Avatar Image says:

‘Scuze me, I’ve lost the ability to speak. Yum. Cannot WAIT till Oct (we’re going!! yipee!!

Avatar Image says:

Umm..Question? How tall is Dan exactly? In centimetres? And wow..Dan’s body doesn’t look that weird anymore..wow..

Avatar Image says:

Too bad PotterCast is on tour and so probably won’t due a Sue’s News this week—‘cause I bet this item would have led into some classic faux-innocent lines from Mr. Noe… ;) And some classic “All right John, moving on…” lines from Melissa. :)

Avatar Image says:

actually, that picture of Dan that was cropped right above the waist line does feature Dan naked full frontal (hairy and all). You can find the full shot if you search for it on Google. ::hint hint to all the fangirls who have a crush on Dan:: A bit of a shocker really when I first saw it. Tame compared to Emma’s nude pics! (not). Maybe search on perezhilton.com because that was where i saw it when it came out over a year ago. Good luck if your curious.

Avatar Image says:

some of you fan girls are going to be in for a real shock when you finally hitch up with real flesh and blood men! In most cases real men don’t wax or exercise and guess what! They still manage to be nice.

Avatar Image says:

anonymous: Trust me, when I say: NOBODY who´s a real Dan fan are going to look for that pic….it`s FAKE, FAKE, FAKE, FAKE, FAKE The upper part IS Dan, But the lower part is NOT.

As for Emma`s Nude pics…FAAAAAAAAAAAAKE as well

Okay, and now back to those two new amazing photos of a amazaing, brilliliant, talented young man…..WOW…just…WOW

“Thud”

Avatar Image says:

haha I was just pulling your leg. That’s why I said that it was tamer than Emma’s nude pic. But Emma’s was real girll!!!

She pulled a Britney for the English paparazzi unfortunately.

When she was entering or exiting a car her short dress rode up past her waist so everything was on display. She was wearing nude underwear with ribbons running across.

Avatar Image says:

He looks so well toned again :) He definitely shouldn’t wax imo. He looks like a proper man with hair. I hate men with waxed chests, they look so fake. Now if he had a hairy back (which fortunately he doesn’t) it would be ok to wax that!

anonymous, Dan’s full frontal pics DEFINITELY fake. Trust me, I’ve seen the show.

Avatar Image says:

Is it just me or does Dan look uncannily like Elijah Wood?

Avatar Image says:

wow…Dan looks gorgeous on both pics! yum

Avatar Image says:

I’ve got tickets to see Equus in October. But no “onstage seat”! Very disappointed. LOL!

Avatar Image says:

So anyone who can figure out how Dan is going to promote HBP while in NYC the entire time has my undying thanks. Since someone pointed out this conundrum to me I am filled with wishing to know!

Avatar Image says:

he’s going to have Monday’s off from Equus plus the mornings on the weekends, so me think he’s going to do promotions in NY in the morning (the morning shows) and maybe the UK and US premier are going to be both on MOndays. If you check the Equus schedule you’ll see he will have time everyday to do some promotion mostly in NY.

Avatar Image says:

Lovely photos! Looks more grown-up than last year, which is understandable.

Good to know the stage seats are available – many fans were worried that they weren’t going to have them in NY.

Avatar Image says:

I had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Griffiths and Dan in the original West End production. It was absolutely brilliant, and I’m thrilled that it’s coming to Broadway. I think it’ll be equally successful here as it was there. I hope i have enough money to go see it in New York, i’d love to see it once more.

Dan was stellar, and Richard Griffiths was absolutely brilliant, as he usually is. For those who go to see it, i think y’all will be pleased to see how well Dan does. I didn’t think about him as Harry at all. :D

Avatar Image says:

Marjory, I saw ‘The Oxford Murders’ recently and Elijah Wood is very skinny, Dan has a much better body.

I’m liking these news pics more than the West End ones. Those ones were very beautiful, but these ones look more professional and serious, which suits better a brilliant play like Equus. Also, Dan is manlier now, he has grown up into a very handsome young man. Richard looks better too, I think he has lost some weight and has longer hair.

It’s funny to read the comments from some fans, obviously they have not seen many men without a shirt. Believe me, Dan is not hairy, most men have much more hair, which I don’t like… Most woman like men with hair, but not too much, so Daniel is perfect.

I’m looking foward to know who plays Jill, it will be a great opportunity for the American actress they choose. I’ve read they have already casted the dancer who plays Nugget., he was once chosen Broadway’s best dancer so this play is going to have an amazing cast!

Avatar Image says:

Btw, I think Soledad is right about HBP promotion. From NY, Dan can do all the promotion he always does, or even more, because NY is the center of American media, where many tv shows are recorded and Dan will be there for 8 months. So he can do that during the mornings while he continues with Equus. It will be exausting but he is used to exausting schedules.

So the only question would be about the premieres. He can go to the America premiere, if it takes place in NY perfect, if it takes place in LA he could be there if it is a Monday, because Broadway free day is that one. Same happens with London, he could quickly travel to London and be back just in time to play Tuesday night performance. (Is that possible? Because I’m not 100% sure). I hope there is a Canadian premiere, and Dan could attend that one too. He was in Japan premiere for OotP, so this time I guess they would be other actors in that one, because they alternate the actors. So no problem with that one.

One more thing is they have already done many promotion interviews in the sets while filming, but tv programmes can not air them until the promotion time starts, so that’s already done.

So, the true is I don’t see any problem, just the days of London and America premiers. I think Dan is very good promoting the movies, so I hope they bear him in my when they prepare them.

Avatar Image says:

wow, maybe they should make dan look this hott in the movies. minus the chest hair, of course. harry should just have more of an appeal, especially in the 6th movie when the girls are all over him

Avatar Image says:

There’s no shows during the week of the HBP release, that’s how he’s going to be able to promote it. At least that’s what the schedule on telecharge said when I bought the tickets. I’m going in December…can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

Most adult men have chest hair, and if they don’t, ew. That’s too boyish for most grown women.

Nice to hear from those who saw the production. I think it’s great when HP people do well.

Hey there. =)

Avatar Image says:

Ow! I just bonked my head on the monitor.

Avatar Image says:

D*mn! Thats all I can say. That body, its just perfection. I am drooling all the way to October 18th. Thank god I bought my tickets through american express during that two-week period before they went on sale everywhere else. I can’t wait to see Dan and his beautiful-manly self lol. I’ve been wondering how is he going to promote and attend the premieres for HBP and be in all the show times for Equus? I mean I would really mad if I got there and Dan wasn’t there since that is the only reason most of us are even going.

Avatar Image says:

He is just so perfect. His eyes and hair and ok, his face in that second picture with Mr. Griffiths is unspeakably beautlful. His torso is …just wow… To whoever mentioned ripping off Spring Awakening, what in the world are you talking about? Equus is like , decades older.

Avatar Image says:

Mmmmmmmmmmm yep harry isnt a young boy no more :P

Avatar Image says:

I looked up the schedule – there’s no HBP promotion break shrugs Don’t know where you all saw that. I guess pre recorded interviews or satellite interviews are all fair game and make sense but how do you do the premiere without the leading man? Doesn’t Dan always go to the London Premiere? I guess either he doesn’t or it’s understudy time (wouldn’t wnat to have a ticket just to see Dan if that happens!) oh well I am sure we will see. I don’t get to go to either Equus or a HBP premiere so … lol

Avatar Image says:

I´m 100 % sure that Dan will be attending the London premiere of HBP. Remember that the time difference between NY and London is something between 6 and 8 hours, so he can easely fly to London and back to NY the very same day…He probably won´t be attending any after party though

Avatar Image says:

If you know anything about the play, you know it seems kind of ridiculous of them to publicize and market the one part in the play that is so not about him being literally naked…besides it also doesn’t happen till the last 20 minutes of the show…

Avatar Image says:

well he’s DAMN gorgeous!!!!!! he’s tottally a hootie!!!! compared to 4 to 5 years ago!!!! omg 18 and hot!!!!! goes well 2gether!!!!

Avatar Image says:

The staging will likely be the same as that in the West End production with seating on stage. The audience is not part of the production, but is sitting as if in a balcony of the stables/hospital. Great staging. Hope they can get a good supporting cast for the horse parts – it requires great athleticism to carry Dan all over the stage on platform horse hoove shoes. Looking forward to it. Love the goatee on Richard Griffiths – great look for the part.

Avatar Image says:

I think I just lost the ability to speak. Dan is really, really hot in that picture. The second one with Richard is great too. I always thought Dan was adorable, so nice to see that come through and enhance the hotness!

Avatar Image says:

It’s going to be hard picturing him as Harry Potter without wondering what’s underneath the cloaks… =(

Avatar Image says:

Those are so totally hot! Very nicely done. Loved that play too, really didn’t expect to like it but it got to me in a strange way. I highly recommend it. Of course I didn’t see it with Daniel in it, but anyway….

Harry Potter T-shirts? Visit http://www.cafepress.com/besserwiss/3424800
Avatar Image says:

to the formeralanstrang, there are a lot of people who have trouble seeing Dan as an adult and not an 11 year old, so pictures like this certainly show him as having grown up veddy well ! There’s enough people who still think “pedophile” for admiring the way he looks never mind seeing something like Equus.

Avatar Image says:

I REALLY HATE THE WAY HE POSED ON “EQUUS”. AND THE KISSING SCENE IN HP V? DON’T ASK ME BECAUSE I’M GONNA FREAK OUT. UMMMMM….. HEY…. I JUST WANN ASK IF DAN AND EMMA ARE GOING OUT. THEY’RE SO CUTE TOGETHER.

Avatar Image says:

“So, basically they’re ripping off Spring Awakening?”

That’s the most ignorant statement yet! Are you stupid? The ORIGINAL 1970s production of Equus employed onstage seating. And point of fact, Spring Awakening is not the only show to have ever used on stage seating. Get a life.

Avatar Image says:

daniel…......... siapa pacar qmu?????????

aq fens bagt sama qmu,,,, kapan flmna main lagi…...........

i miss you

Avatar Image says:

Yes, I agree that he does looks like Elijah Woods.. finally i’m not the only one who thinks that… i can’t stand the body hair.. UGH!!! I’m glad every guy i’ve known has close to no chest hair or waxes.. I’m big on no chest hair.. I don’t know why but UGH!!!

Avatar Image says:

WOW! dan is so manly and adult looking! hot abs!

magnifique