New Images from “Half-Blood Prince” Calendars, Playing Cards, and More

113

Aug 03, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

There are a slew of new images online from foreign products set for release along with the sixth film, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” this fall. As readers will remember, these product tie-ins feature new looks at a number of characters from the upcoming sixth film. We first have a new image online of Ron and Ginny care of a French calendar publishers, Mango jeunesse. This image, seen here, shows the brother and sister along with Harry Potter on the cover of a soon to be published 2009 calendar.

A second image from a “Half-Blood Prince calendar, featuring Harry and Dumbledore, is also set to be published from Panini Comics. This image can be viewed via this link.

Next, Play.com has two images of playing cards online, showing Harry, Ron, and Dumbledore. Finally, German retailers Elbenwald have online a most interesting new Harry Potter product in the form of new bed linens. This product features what looks to be a duvet cover and two pillow cases and can be viewed in greater detail right here. At this time, we are unsure if these products will be available for purchase in the US; however, they will be available via their foreign retailers over the next few months. Thanks to UHP for mailing.

189 Responses to New Images from “Half-Blood Prince” Calendars, Playing Cards, and More

Avatar Image says:

The calender cover looks hideous! I mean Harry/Dan looks fine (because he’s dressed like his character) but Ginny looks weird, it’s like they just got a random picture of Bonnie and stuck it on there, and well Ron, he looks weird, just bobbing his head out in the corner….But w/e, GO HBP TEASER TRAILER! How about that?!

I like those pics.. Especially the one with Ginny

Avatar Image says:

Something I’ve noticed from a few of these images from merch (both these and prior ones I’ve seen) is that theres a lot of Ron. Thats interesting seeing how they would usually push him off to the corner while Hermoine was more towards the front. I wonder why they’ve changed plans? Not that I mind, I’m glad Ron’s getting some respect as a good sidekick.

Avatar Image says:

Where is Hermione on the calendar? That’s… weird.

Avatar Image says:

This is weird. First the teaser trailer and now this – where is Hermione?? The bizarre thing is that if anyone I thought they’d leave out Ron, he’s always pushed to the background – it’s like they finally realised that Hermione isn’t part of the main romance (that’s debatable, but main in terms of, with Harry), and they just don’t know how to accomodate two girls?

Avatar Image says:

Whooo hoooo!!!!! NO HERMIONE! Can I get a “what, what” lol, just kidding, but I still don’t like her.. Go Ron!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Sorry snady, didn’t see your comment, I basically just reaffirmed it! :)

Avatar Image says:

I love that they’re pushing a lot more product featuring Harry and Ron. It isn’t as if Hermione isn’t important, she is…but Ron is Harry’s best mate. I think over time that their friendship has gotten lost in the movies—so if they’re making a point to emphasize that again I think it’s great!

Avatar Image says:

They look fake, the calendars. Cheaply done. Dissapointed in WB. And where’s Hermione, I miss the girl. Her absence is making me miss her more. She’s part of the trio!

Avatar Image says:

What is up with the merch this time? All of the photos we have seen of merch so far look dreadful. The characters all seem to look as if they have been photoshopped and very poorly so I might add. I mean I’ve seen fan-made stuff that looks more realistic than most of what we’ve been seeing. Why is Dan’s chin like that and why is his hand and wand so large and out proportion with the rest of his body? He has no neck! There is no organization/design to the way the characters are placed, its as if someone was just copying and pasting random images with no rhyme or reason to where they place them or how it looks. I don’t really mind if they put everyone on this stuff as long as they maintain the quality of past merch, but it doesn’t seem like they’re doing that. My OOTP calendar looks so much more professional compared this one. Are they not going to do any Lego sets for HBP?

I think they’re fake.

Avatar Image says:

This will be an unpopular opinion but…I think the quality of merch is related to the quality of the product. HBP is easily, IMHO, the worst of the books. You ask where Hermione is…that’s what a LOT of people asked when reading this book, because whoever that was, it wasn’t Hermione. Maybe it could’ve been Hermione if there was no OOTP, but there was, so.

I think the real reason, though, is because they have to push the Harry/Ginny romance, and to do that, they have to push Ginny as a character. She’s been virtually invisible for five movies, only getting real screen time during COS (and even then, only at the end) and OOTP. Beyond that, she got a scene here and there…SS is understandable, of course, but why she wasn’t more visible otherwise, I don’t know. So we have no idea what kind of chemistry Dan and Bonnie have onscreen, or much of who Ginny is in this movieverse.

Hermione’s gotten pushed hard because, besides being part of the trio and the female lead for the first five books, Dan and Emma have good onscreen chemistry. If they had slipped Ginny into more spots – show her more in COS, have her pop up in POA more than once, give her more in GOF and OOTP to interact with Harry – we’d see things better. Good example, Hermione’s “I’m not an owl” line in GOF, give that to Ginny, see how she reacts between her brother and her crush. Also, they should’ve put in the part in OOTP where Harry and Hermione actually discuss Ginny’s crush. Little things. Now they have to make up for lost time, and Emma’s going to pay the price most likely. I guess her upside is that in the two DH movies, Ginny’s in the start and finish, but the big part in the middle is the trio (or duo when Ron runs off again).

Avatar Image says:

Ginny looks so pretty on that cover, although I agree they are made kind of poorly.

Avatar Image says:

Emma probably shot the least for this movie. Ron features more because of Quidditch and being poisoned, also Lavender, but Hermione is involved with that though. Interesting that Hermione isn’t in the teaser trailer AT ALL and then not in these images. Perhaps there’s some kind of deal where Emma doesn’t want to be promoted as much. Maybe she asked them not to include her?

Avatar Image says:

it looks like it’s not professionally done. maybe it’s a temporary cover? looks like fan made to me. especially bonnie’s pic.

Avatar Image says:

I think that they’re fake fake fake! They look awful. I want good pics!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I don’t even care if Emma/Hermione`s not in these pictures. They all look rubbish anyway! It’s ridiculous. These are all so poorly made that I’m pretty sure no one would buy them. (Sorry to the creators of these products.)

But I agree with snady. I’m also glad that Ron’s getting some respect now. :D He deserves. it.

Avatar Image says:

it is weird about hermionie….but I WANT HARRRY POTTER PLAYING CARDS!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I like the beding alot!! I think the clander was ok but yeh were’s Hermione and she is like one of the main people. I think that ginny should have been more in the movie 2 thru 5. Well oh well were not the dirctors.

Avatar Image says:

those playing cards look cool.. but i don’t think i would play with them.. stare at them all day – yes.. play w/ them – no…

Avatar Image says:

A lot of people are complaining about the quality of the merchandise so far and I have to agree, but so far, we’ve been seeing a lot of foreign stuff.

A lot of time the foreign tie-in products are just made cheap and quick to make a buck so I’m sure we’ll see some better stuff in the future. I have faith!

Avatar Image says:

so bad! Ginny look Ugly, Face very short.

Avatar Image says:

Some of us have been asking “Where’s Ron?” since CoS. But if you think about it, the books themselves kind of trade off between Ron and Hermione as to which gets the most page time and the most involvement with the main story lines. HBP was one of ‘Ron’s books’ in the same way that OotP was one of ‘Hermione’s’. What’s nice is that DH kind of evens them out because they’re almost always together (aside from that nasty little bit where Ron’s frustration gets the best of him), and SS/PS broke them about even too. As far as the movies, PoA definitely fell to Hermione’s side, as did OotP. Harry had more to do with Ron in CoS, and it looks like he will in HBP. Technically, GoF should have been one of ‘Ron’s’, but I didn’t notice that it really turned out that way. The good thing about DH as a two-parter is that it ought to have time for everyone, minor characters included

Avatar Image says:

ROFL! I’m with ya, pureblood-slytherin! I’m a “collector”, but of Coca Cola. In THIS case, I’d make an exception! I hope the US Calendars come up, for “viewing” soon. Will they come out, with all the other Calendars for 2009? RE: Hermione and Ron, being “absent”...well, as I’ve said, all along. Ron will “come into his own”, in this movie, and I think Emma is keeping a “low profile” for some reason…a surprise, maybe? LOL. I hope the linens come to this side of the pond.

Avatar Image says:

o.O Those do look really bad. And Snape or Draco should be on there somewhere… I agree it’s odd that there’s no Hermione.

where is Hermione?

Avatar Image says:

I want Hermione in the photo. I miss her so much.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t care harry and ginny fall in love because not attraction(Ginny is look like old woman). Now, I just want to see Ron and Hermione. They are my love lover.

Avatar Image says:

Well, I think HBP is one of the best books in the series. IMHO.

Avatar Image says:

Wicked! I love the picture of Ginny, Bonnie’s grown into quite the beautiful young girl over these past few years. I can’t wait to see the awkward moments with her and Harry. And yay for Ronald, as well. They were always pushing him out or leaving him entirely in favour of Harry and Hermione. It’s about time that boy got some recognition. Less than 3 months to go! I’m totally stoked. __

Where is my HERMIONE??!

Avatar Image says:

The lack of Hermione is actually sort of pissing me off, I don’t want to lose Ron or Hermione. To me, any proper HP product cannot ignore the core three. Ron, Harry, and Hermione are the trio. Love Ginny, but she no more deserves first billing for being his girlfriend than any other HP character close to Harry. I wouldn’t mind more Trio + Ginny images here and there, but lets not forget the heart of the books includes Hermione. Even if she hasn’t been MY Hermione entirely up to this point. I think the only acceptable “cover” substitute for Ron & Hermione with Harry is Dumbledore with Harry.

Avatar Image says:

Where is Hermione Hermione Hermione Hermione Hermione ? I Miss You Very Much, Come on baby!

Avatar Image says:

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD! No Bill, No Fleur. Now, Where Hermione, BAD BAD BAD! I don’t want to Ginny, I just want to Bill, Fleur and Hermione!

Avatar Image says:

Well, these are just disappointing. I hope that you guys are right and they are representations of the foreign merchandise. I usually look so forward to all of this stuff, but if the US/UK items aren’t about a billion times better I am not going to be interested in them.

I also agree that it is really nice to finally be getting a lot more of Ron, but I never wanted that at the expense of Hermione, what part of “TRIO” do they not understand? I want all three! Plus Ginny. Is it really so hard to promote four instead of three? Or even two? sigh

Avatar Image says:

only two images? laaaaammmmmmmmeeee…

Avatar Image says:

I think they’re trying to push Harry/Ginny, since they never had barley and cemetry in the movies. And they’re pushing ron since he’s got a new girlfriend, and get’s poisned and all- but (even tho i dont like Emma Watson) i think their missing the point of why ron is with lavender in the first place, and i hope they dont take anyway the few ron/hermione moments they do have.

Avatar Image says:

haha the bedding is such a quirky idea. I can’t help but think that the picture of ginny is wayyy too airbrushed or something. It looks quite unnatural to me. Also not a fan of bobblehead ron but in general I am happy to see more of him in the promotional stuff, and not having it be all Harry and Hermione.

Avatar Image says:

This is stupid, Hermione is the female lead. When you actually read the book she is in it more than Ginny and has more important roles. I don’t know why the WB is doing this.

Avatar Image says:

Those calenders are badly made. I’ve seen fans make better stuff. Even if it is foreign merchandise they could have tried harder than that. Ginny doesn’t even seem to fit in with Ron and Harry on the calendar. I can’t wait until we get some better looking merchandise.

As for Hermione, who really knows why she seems to be missing lately. It can’t just be H/G because R/Hr is also a major pairing in the book so we should see Hermione too. We’ll just have to wait and see how much Hermione will show up in the coming promos and trailers. They can’t wipe her out completely, and even when Ron’s role was smaller in the movies, he still appeared on all the merchandise and promos. Hermione’s absence is just plain odd.

Avatar Image says:

The calender covers look photoshopped or something. Ginny looks like she’s just been stuck on there and she’s not even in Hogwarts robes. It’s just weird and out of place. Hermione needs to be in that picture and Harry should be front and center.

Avatar Image says:

I’m sure Hermione is in the movie quite a bit. But just not as much as previous films. Hermione wasn’t in the Half Blood Prince book that much because of the feud her and Ron were having. So Harry was with Ron most of the time.

But the 6th film and 6th book is more about Harry, Dumbledore, Snape, Draco, and Voldemort than any other character.

Avatar Image says:

As an absolute lover of all things Ron, I totally agree that it is odd to not see Hermione in these ads.

I too wonder if there is underlying REASON for it.

Although, I don’t like it when Ron is not represented properly (I’ve written to the company who created the Harry and Hermione light up wands before…) I don’t want Hermione to be under-represented as well.

I don’t know why it’s so difficult for Ron and Hermione to be represented equally has Harry’s support.

Oh well, I’d LOVE to see some publicity with Hermione/Ron/Lavender.

Also, yes Harry looks like he has Jay Leno’s chin and he does have Seinfeld episode like “Man Hands”. Yes, (although Ron does have that I’m too sexy for myself look) his head is at a strange angle. Ginny looks lovely, but yeah, the entire layout is off.

Like others, I’m hoping the domestic merchadise is much better.

Avatar Image says:

Given how much focus Hermione has been given in the past, I don’t think it would hurt her fans to be a little gracious now another female character is getting some attention.

Please let’s not refight the shipping wars in the comments pages, I never got that anyway. Both girls are important to Harry in different ways, Bonnie and Emma are both lovely young actresses so please enough with the bashing of either girl.

Avatar Image says:

they are good but i want more of hermione i dont even see a lot of things about her

Avatar Image says:

I haven’t seen anyone bashing Bonnie or Emma and no one is restarting the shipping wars (Harry/Ginny is really the only ship being mentioned). Almost everyone is just asking where Hermione is and giving reasons why they think she hasn’t been in the trailer or the merchandise talked about in this post.

I don’t think any of the posters here mind Ginny (and Ron) getting some attention. They’re both great characters who deserve it. We just don’t want it to come at Hermione’s expense. This is the same thing that Ron and Ginny fans complained about in the past and they certainly weren’t gracious about it (Pink Power Ranger!Hermione being one example). So I don’t see why it would be a problem for Hermione fans to mention it. I’m sure everyone will be back to complaining about Hermione being around too much after we get to see her some more.

Avatar Image says:

Well to be fair, it is one calendar, not the whole publicity campaign.

I am quite sure there will be plenty of Hermione between now and the release of the film, they aren’t going to forget about her, she’s always going to be important.

Just as Ron was more prominent in COS and Hermione was more prominent in POA, it’s possible due to the romance that Ron and Ginny will be a bit more prominent in HBP, but let’s not forget that Hermione will be extremely prominent in DH so it will all even out in the end.

Plus, people should remember that when they were filming HBP, Emma was preparing for her final exams and had asked for additional time off to do that, so they could have written the film taking that into account.

Avatar Image says:

I’m not all that upset that Hermione is missing, to be quite honest. They’ve overexposed her so much that people think she’s the heroine instead of the same sidekick status as Ron.

I think the WB has a lot of ground to make up for in regards to the characters they’ve shafted in the past (Ron, Ginny, Draco, Snape), and they have pretty much one film to do it in. A little extra promotion for them isn’t going to come at Hermione’s expense for goodness sake.

Avatar Image says:

actaully, ive been hearing some rumors that these are fake and eh, i might believe them rumors. the ron pix is fo shizzle new, and the ginny one hasnt been seen before, but its so blurry and screaming photoshop. and that pix of harry, the clunky one where he looks like a wax sculpture, im sorry but i still believe 100% that that is fake. sorry. anyway, its great to see some new stuff, even if it might be fake new stuff :D vive xe

Avatar Image says:

Well, if you think about it, Ginny couldn’t really be pushed into any of the movies prior to Order of the Phoenix, seeing as Goblet of Fire movie came out in 2005, and HBP book came out in 2006. That’s when Harry’s relationship with Ginny became evident. So they really couldn’t do anything with them two in movies 1-4. But you can see in OOTP that they focused on Ginny more than necessary to set it up for this one. You could see the camera focusing in on her several times, especially during Harry/Cho interaction, she looked all jealous.

I’m surprised Hermione’s not getting any attention at all. All we see is Harry, Dumbledore, Ron, and Ginny. But I guess the movie does kinda revolve around them more than Hermione’s simpering jealousy. Harry/Dumbledore relationship, seeing as, well, you know how it ends. Harry/Ginny, and Ron, who’s taking more center stage since he was sooooooo pushed to the side in OOTP. I mean, he barely even had lines. Sometimes Rupert was just standing there like he didn’t know what to do.

And I swear the advertising for this movie has been HORRENDOUS! Shame on them for these crappy, poorly-made pictures. I’m really surprised because they tend to do a much better job. Even for OOTP. But these are so horrible, I agree with Brianna and Stephie, I think they might be fake. It seems like the only good advertising they’ve done for this is the teaser trailer. Alot of people complain about the fact that it didn’t even show Harry (the star of the series!). But the purpose of a teaser is to grab one’s attention, and c’mon, it grabbed plenty of attention! It looked awesome and creepy. Kinda made it look like a horror flick rather than a Harry Potter movie. And the people are attracted to darkness. Oh, yeah!

Avatar Image says:

I think far too much is being read into some poorly made (imo) foreign promotional images. The trio will always be the main focus but it’s good to see other characters in the spotlight. Also, it amazes me when fans like Ken M claim to know these characters better than the person who created them.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t like those pictures. But maybe there are better ones inside the calendar? I am not into merchandising that much. I just want to see the movie…

BTW The German product… It’s just one bed cover and one pillow case. The second one on the picture is only meant to show what the backside of the pillow case looks like.

Avatar Image says:

What is with WB? These look rubbish! :( Harry’s still got the daft chin, Goblet of Fire hand(or hands), cheap halloween style robes… gah. I’d say these were fake but … they can’t be seeing as there’s so many of them. Maybe WB are behind schedule and so these products just had to use past images of Harry and stuff. I am so NOT impressed. >:(

Avatar Image says:

i just had to say that this orangeish picture at the top of the news item looks a lot like something from The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston…haha

Avatar Image says:

come on!!where is hermione?she’s the most famous HP girl and she isnt here in the promos?dash..even the trailer,she wasnt..is this some kind of wB or yates conspiracy?am so mad.i wanna see hermione in the next hbp trailer!!grrrr.

Avatar Image says:

What happened to Harry’s chin ???It’s so long and weird…...

Avatar Image says:

HBP is my second favourite book because of all the ron and hermione saga AND WB are completely ruining it by having NO hermione pics so far!!! I get it that ginny’s with harry, but that doesn’t mean hermione wasn’t in the book at all!!!!!!! Besides, hermione was the one who pushed harry and ginny to be together….and ron was with lavender to make hermione jealous!!! I mean hello WB, if it weren’t for hermione, all this harry/ginny and ron/lav relationship wouldn’t have happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Hermione is part of the Trio!! Where is she??????????

Avatar Image says:

Yes, I don’t like all photo, just Ginny, Ginny is not lead girl in hp and Bonnie is not petty in cast in ginny, please change to Bonnie , she is very ugly, I think Richal(Peter pan) can play ginny.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve never seen such juvenile nasty comments and all because there’s a picture of Ginny on a calendar cover and Hermione isn’t on it. I wonder if there would have been as much animosity if it would have been Luna or Lavendar. I doubt it. I do not understand why so many feel the need to be so mean toward Bonnie. I would say I hope you feel better after spewing your nastiness, but I don’t, I hope you feel as ashamed as you should. Bonnie is not ugly, but these comments sure are. :(

Avatar Image says:

HBP was probably my favourite book actually lol. Nice and dark and teenagery. It was so exciting, the waiting for something to happen.

Avatar Image says:

calendar = just bad photoshop.

Avatar Image says:

Actually, yeah CarolynJ. If it had been Luna or (please NO!) Lavendar even seeming to take center stage at any point over Hermione I would be very upset. As upset as I was about Hermione overshadowing Ron. I want equal representation for Harry’s best mates. Mind you, I think Bonnie as Ginny is going to continue to be brilliant – as I think she’s done well in her minimal role and like Luna very much and don’t really care about Lav all that much. Looking forward to the comedy surrounding her, but otherwise… whatever. But Harry’s friend, girlfriend, or best friend’s girlfriend

I think it’s just after the no-Hermione in trailer and lack of appearance even on this crappy merchandise, it makes you wonder the direction of this movie’s marketing. I don’t care if they make up for lost “Ginny time” in the movie, Centerstage should still belong to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. So badly photoshop Hermione in with her best friends please, lol. Balance is what I ask for, BALANCE in advertising.

Avatar Image says:

There more than likely temporary covers, the merchandise wont be on the market til October anyway so there’s plenty of time to design the cover. I’m glad Ron is getting some attention, he deserves after several years of looking gormless in the background. I really can’t wait for this film, it’s gonna be sweet

Avatar Image says:

I don’t understand why people are so rude to Bonnie?! She’s NOT ugly. She’s not replacing Emma. I know we don’t get to see much of Hermione/Emma, but that’s no reason to bring Bonnie down. I also wonder why Emma doesn’t get much promotion. She belongs to the trio after all.

I’m glad Ron/Rupert is finally getting pushed to the front. Ron is one of my favourite characters. ;-)

Avatar Image says:

Call me picky but where’s the photos of the HBP himself??

I will be totally irate if the film doesn’t do justice to Snape’s role and give the talented (and gorgeous) Mr Rickman more screen time.

Avatar Image says:

I think the Funfax book’s cover picture is the poster picture, too. Go to Google and type in: half blood prince poster. you’ll see the same picture. It looks real to me.

Avatar Image says:

If fans are saying they want Hermione in the pictures it doesn’t mean they are bringing bonnie down. I like Bonnie, but I don’t think it’s fair if there’s more pics of her then there is of Emma. I REALLY want to see some emma/hermione pics. I mean, she wasn’t even in the trailer, so they should at least put Hermione. She IS part of the trio!!! None of the other HP films ever had this lack of hermione in images or trailers. Even in CoS, when ron had more screen time than hermione, they still (Obviously) included hermy with the rest. And in PoA (Her biggest role yet) they included ron even though hermione had ten times of screen time more then ron. Has David Yates gone mad??

Avatar Image says:

I think the picture with Ginny is great, although a bit weird, but in that picture she looks like the Ginny I imagined, her hair is flaming red and everything, when in some pictures it’s almost brown.

emma! I want to see emma play Hermione

Avatar Image says:

Good Lord! People need to calm down. There have been a bunch of official WB promotion pics so far with Hermione in them, but not so many yet with Ginny.

So now she finally gets a few pics and some people can’t handle it and go off the deep end. Anyone who read the book will realize that Ginny is not replacing Hermione in that pic. The pic is meant to show the triangle between Harry/Ginny/Ron – i.e., Harry is worried that Ron won’t approve of his feelings for Ginny.

I agree that the pics they chose aren’t that great, but Bonnie is NOT replacing Emma people. Get a grip. Ginny plays an important role in the HBP as well, and this one poster portrays that.

Avatar Image says:

The immature jealousy over Bonnie finally getting center stage is really transparent guys. Obviously most of you are Emma lovers who can’t stand another girl get the spot light above her. Get over it already or better yet grow up.

Avatar Image says:

Ginny looks like a girl I once dated in Highschool and after a week I desperate tried to forget she existed.

Avatar Image says:

I agree. There have been five WB released high quality promotion images of Hermione so far. So the claim that WB is ignoring Hermione is just ridiculous. Apparently, some people just can’t handle it when another girl gets a little center stage attention.

Avatar Image says:

Anyway, these calenders are weird and blurry….so it’s good hermione wasn’t in them. She’ll ibe in the BETTER high res calenders.

Avatar Image says:

There’s one with Hermione in it, so can everyone please stop having melodramatics now?

I for one am very pleased to be getting some good Ron and Ginny pics. The Weasely family hasn’t been given their full due in the movies IMO, so I’m glad this film will give at least a couple of them a chance to shine. That being said, I’m not loving these new Harry pics. They’re no nearly as flattering as the OotP promotional shots. Hopefully there are better ones that were taken that will be used for the US merchandise and the foreigns merchandise designers got stuck with the leftover shots :P

Avatar Image says:

Hmmmm, Daniel Radcliffe bed sheets….that’s weird.

Anyway, I agree with whoever said the pictures are probably temporary. It’s not uncommon, however, usually it will say ‘Artwork subject to change’ or ‘Not Final Cover’.

And it is a strange picture of Bonnie, probably a bad screen cap or something.

But c’mon they have to focus on Ginny, they have one movie (just over 2 hours) to cover everything in the book AND setup a believable romance between her and Harry. Personally, I had a hard time buying it in the book…..

I’m more concerned with the fact they haven’t portrayed Ginny as this strong powerful witch like in the book.

^ whatever.

Envy sure brings out the hostility here. There’s nothing wrong with the image of Ginny. Nor is her amped up publicity. The cynics can say what they want, but you can’t change their jealous opinions about her.

Avatar Image says:

I believe there is a calendar picture with Hermione on it (along with Harry and Ron). So no worries people. We have seen Hermione. Have we forgotten so soon that beautiful pic of her and Harry in the snow? I think that a pic Hermione and Harry in the library was also on the trading cards that were at the comic con thingy. It’s Ginny that really hasn’t had any promotion so far. Hermione’s had way more official pictures from WB, and judging by the quality of these calendar, Hermione is lucky they didn’t give her a messed photo. I’m sorry, but while Bonny may look good on her pic as Ginny, it doesn’t fit with the tone of the calendar. She looks out of place and badly photoshopped. Hopefully they’ll do her (and poor Harry) justice in the future.

And for all the people who are saying get over or that they’re sick of Hermione, remember all the complaining that you guys did about the lack of Ron or Ginny. Or about how Hermione is elevated above Ron in importance. No one told you guys to shut up, so let the Hermione fans complain if they want to. It’s a refreshing change to the usual grumbling about how Ron’s being mistreated or Ginny’s being left out.

Avatar Image says:

looooooooool FAKE!!!!!!!!!!! WUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! But ronnie-poo looks HAWT!

Avatar Image says:

Message to Hermione/Emma fans:YOU ARE LIKE CHILDREN.If Hermione isn’t in few pictures is not the end of the world.Bonnie is Harry’s girlfriend in HBP so she deserves attention,Emma is not the queen of HP,other girls could get attention like her so GET OVER IT AND MATURE.The pictures aren’t the best,i agree but i think that they are good.

Avatar Image says:

They look awful. They look like they are on photoshop. Especcially Ginny, that can’t be the calender. They are awful, why is she wearing normal clothes and Ron and Harry are. Weird. I am pretty sure there not fake but they look like it. The harry potter purchandise is not good at all. I am glad that is harry and ron and not hermione because in the films they never seem that close, hermione is the one who does all the talking. You never see Ron and Harry having a chat. Only in the early ones they do that. And hwere’s Hermione. I bet she is not a main character in this film. The harry potter films are getting worse and worse. But I still love them.

Avatar Image says:

hambro – Photoshop would probably make these look better to tell you the truth. :] That’s true, they make Hermione talk all the time, I mean, I know she’s a know-it-all, but she’s not the main character. Ron & Harry never even have a conversation together anymore, and in the books they always do. Unfair. Ron shouldn’t be shunted to the side – he’s Harry’s best friend too. I’m glad that they might be making that change in HBP. He deserves some respect.

Avatar Image says:

Why are people so critical and obsessed with how calenders and playing cards look? It’s absurd.

Avatar Image says:

Hermione/Emma fans are no more childish than Ron/Rupert and Ginny/Bonnie fans. Everyone complains when they feel a character they like is not getting enough attention, and Ginny, Ron fans have been complaining for YEARS. Hermione fans have got nothing on them.

Hermione is on a calender. This post just doesn’t show it. If it had, I don’t think anybody would be asking where Hermione is at. Hermione is the main HP girl and people are just used to seeing her everywhere (some people even get sick of seeing her). It’s only b/c we didn’t see her in the trailer that people are wondering about her. We’ve had plenty of pics of Hermione from WB, but next to none of Ginny. She needs this promotion, and I don’t think anyone is begrudging her that.

Avatar Image says:

bloody hell where is Hermione… I can t believe… What now Ginny work on that calender… she is NOT IMPORTANT!!! I really can t believe… I don t like Ginny and Hermione is much much better… We want Hermione!!!! We want Hermione!!! We want Hermione!!!! We want Hermione!!! We want Hermione!!!! We want Hermione!!! We want Hermione!!!! We want Hermione!!! We want Hermione!!!! We want Hermione!!! We want Hermione!!!! We want Hermione!!!

Avatar Image says:

To “mione” : there ARE people brining Bonnie down. I don’t know where you have been lately, but in case you didn’t know, there are PLENTY of pictures of Hermione. Stop nagging.

Avatar Image says:

Don’t tell Emma’s fans beeing like children, that also account Ginny’s fans too. Of course Emma’s fans are upset, cause they know that Hermione is much, much more important that Ginny, and she needs to be in front. It’s not important who is Harry’s love, it’s important how to stop Voldemort, and Harry, Ron and Hermione always stoped Voldemort to take a charge, and that’s way Hermione is better.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Chris. Hermione is much, much better than Ginny, so don’t even try to compare Hermione and Ginny. Ginny never did anything important, so SHUT UP YOU WHO TELLS THAT IS BETTER CAUSE HERMIONE ISN’T IN TRAILER AND THAT SHE IS ON LOT OF PICTURES.

Avatar Image says:

Catilyn,the picture of Hermione is from OOTP,is an old picture.

Avatar Image says:

Emma fans, just calm down. Um, maybe Ginny needs to be on here because people should get to know her more. I think it’s better this way because when Harry falls for Ginny in the movie, people won’t be like “Who the mother of a banshee is that?!?” And plus, go to SnitchSeeker, Hermione is on a calendar, but it’s only a shot from HBP. Emma fans are overreacting. Just because one person is in place of Hermione/Emma you guys are freaking out. She’s been the spotlight ever since PoA. Give someone else the spotlight. =|

Avatar Image says:

“only a shot from HBP” << OOTP, I meant. :)

Avatar Image says:

Oh Emma isn’t in the trailer and in few pictures!!THE END OF THE WORLD!!LOL please how old are you??3??5??

Avatar Image says:

cool pictures.. but they look a tad fake i mean airbrushed!! not natural..

Avatar Image says:

We are all allowed our opinions…so stop telling people to “grow up” and “be mature”...Hermione is a main character…Ginny is not. Plan and simple…the fact that she is Harry’s girlfriend shouldn’t over shadow Hermione. So yeah, people are upset…but they shouldn’t be bashing the actor…it’s not thier fault. Everyone knew that Ginny would be Harry’s GF in HBP…but she shouldn’t be getting more attention then Hermione. Hopefully more pictures of Hermione will be released, and calm everyone down.

Avatar Image says:

This is ridiculous! Who freaking cares if Emma/Hermione’s not on these cheap cards?! She’s going to be in the spotlight like always in the movies, so whatever. For ONCE someone is overshadowing Hermione, and you guys can’t even take it. Boo hoo! Get over it. She’s going to be stealing the show like always anyway. *roll eyes. She’ll have more lines than everyone else, and blah blah. Whatever. Get over this merchandise crap. Just because she’s not on it doesn’t mean the world’s over. We all know who she is, let someone else be introduced.

Avatar Image says:

Everyone knew that Ginny would be Harry’s GF in HBP…but she shouldn’t be getting more attention then Hermione.” What the - ?! That’s ridiculous. This is the first time probably that Ginny has shown up and Hermione has not. And now there’s a riot just because she wasn’t in the trailer?! Who cares. The book isn’t called “Hermione Granger and the Half-Blood Prince”. We all know she’s going to be in the movie – who gives if she’s not in the trailer and Ginny is? That means NOTHING. That clip of Ginny just fits with what Tom Riddle says. Oh yeah, HERMIONE shouldn’t be getting more attention than Ron. (You say that Ginny shouldn’t be getting more attention than her?! Ha!) Ron and Hermione both should have equal time on screen. But no, Hermione’s always talking and Ron is to the side looking like a dingbat. Ron should NOT be portrayed as a loser who has no lines at all. BS – that’s what these movies are when it comes to the trio. It’s not even a trio, more like duo. Ever notice how much Hermione talks after they become friends with her in SS? And Ron barely talks at all. Ever since PoA, we’ve lost who Ron is in the movies. We just know him by the looks – there’s no personality at all. I’m glad HBP is focusing on Ron and Lavender. He’s one of the main characters too, it’s not just Hermione. And the topic of Ginny getting too much attention – that’s laughable. Emma fans are probably new to this because she’s ALWAYS there, always talking, always in every shot (practically). I guess now you know how Rupert fans feel.

Avatar Image says:

To Sara, I know it’s an old pic (someone on another board I visit mentioned that). I was just pointing out that Hermione is on a calendar too. So it’s not like she’s not around or is being overshadowed. This is good for both Ginny and Hermione. HBP is supposed to be Ginny’s big book so it would be a shame if she didn’t get any promotion.

Again, Hermione fans can complain if they want to. It’s the exact same thing that Ron and Ginny fans do. Any time Hermione gets some publicity that Ron or Ginny don’t the complaints start rolling out, so for anyone to tell Hermione fans to shut up and let someone else have the spotlight is like the pot calling the kettle black. When Hermione has the spotlight (as she often has in the past) there’s been plenty of remarks about her ‘taking over the movies’ and being wonder/super girl Hermione. In fact, I remember plenty of complaining from Ron fans when Hermione was on a calendar cover with Harry from the GOF or OOTP era, but I don’t remember anybody telling them that it was just a stupid calendar or to get over it. Maybe some of the posters here will remember their gracious sentiments the next time the spotlight is on Hermione. I’m sure they’ll all be mature and won’t mention once that ‘It’s a trio not a duo’ or ‘Where’s Ron? He should be on the cover too.’

Avatar Image says:

Some Emma fans are just SO overdramatic.. it’s almost funny. She’s not the only girl in the world, ok? Ginny is really important in this film, and hopefully she’s going to have the promotion she needs. Get over it!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! GROW THE FRIG UP! I think you have went MENTAL!

Avatar Image says:

You all I mean. It’s a movie. They’re gonna add too and take away from the book. Not everybody is gonna be happy with it. I think JKR is that only opinion that really should matter.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t care what anyone thinks about the lack of Emma in the trailer or on that one calendar. I would think there’s probably more than one trailer to be released and tons of merchandise with Emma’s face on it to be had. It’s the personal attacks on Bonnie that tick me off. It is just uncalled for to say such mean things about her. You know, sort of like Draco calling Hermione a mudblood. Those comments are rude and cruel and reflect very poorly on the name caller. :(

Avatar Image says:

I think there are some fans on BOTH sides of this petty arguement that are being immature. It really shows your level of maturity when you can’t even manage to disagree with someone or state your own opinions without being rude and disrespectful to others. EVERYONE has a right to an opinion whether you agree with them or not so quit mocking people and telling them to “shut up”, “get over it”, “grow up” just because you disagree. If you want other people to respect your opinions then first you need to learn to respect their opinions too. Many have complained about the lack of Weasleys in the previous films and as far as I know (I certainly might be wrong) they were not told to shut up or had anyone jump down their throat for it, so just let the people who think there is a lack of Hermione now voice that opinion. Besides if you really don’t like what someone has to say you can always just ignore it. I love all of the characters equally so this comment is coming from a completely non-biased point of view.

Avatar Image says:

okay lol somethings telling me this isnt going to be a good movie…...DONT GET ME WRONG OUR ANYTHING I LOVEDDDDDDDDDDD THE TRAILER! but still reasons why i think this movie isnt going to be gret….1) the hpb was my leaset favourite book reasons:harry and ginny yuck! lavender and ron yuck! dumbeldore died :( 2) the poster calender looked rubbish ginny looked HORRIBLE but i havet say this ginny is my least fave character in harry potter cant stand her! harry an ginny are the worst couple ever! ron looks okay i always loved ron :) and harrys grand he just looks like harry! 3) WHY THE F DID THEY BUT THAT HORRIBLE MAKEUP ON GINNY LIKE COME ON WASNT SHE BAD ENOGH LIKE SHE COULD HAVE LEAST WORN HER HOWGWARTS ROBES! I LOVE HERMOINE WHY THE HELL DID THEY PUT ON GINNY AND NOT HERMOINE HERMOINE? LIKE HAVENT YOU HEARD OF THE TRIO? 4) i am sorry david your a bad director…..ins so many ways….................MY FAVE BOOK WAS THE FIFTH ONE AND THE MOVIE…...WAS JUST OK LOL. THE 4TH HARRY POTTER MOVIE WAS DEADLY!!!!!!! I LOVED IT THY SHOUD HAVE KEPT USING MIKE NEWELL FOR ALL THE MOVIES HE WAS AMAZING! 5) i am getting worried now if harry potter dosent bring up there standards…...........twilight is going to hit higher in the blockbusters….....sorry harry i loveeeeee you so much espescially the books! BUT YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO PUSH A BIT HIGHER I KNOW TWILIGHT IS PUTTING YOUS INDER PRESSURE BUT I HAVE KNOW YOU FOR TO LONG HARRY POTTER…..........YOU CAN DO THIS!

Avatar Image says:

FREEDOM OF SPEECH! It’s a right guaranteed by our Constitution. So everyone has the right to voice they’re opinions. But when you act like 2 and 3 year olds over a freakin calender. It’s very sad indeed.

Avatar Image says:

woh, woah woah. this is turing into a war of ginny vs hermione. jeez. they are 2 different characters. true, hermione does get more screen time than ginny and ron put together. but hermione is the main girl in harry potter, w/ ginny comming next. ginny becomes a big part of HBP and harrys life, b/c shes one of the things that connects harry w/ normal life. im guessing hermione will get the same lines as she normall does;ginny wouldnt steal that. she isnt turning the trio to a quad. she not involved in the trios little adventures. shes in the backround, but slowly moving into the foreground vive xe

Avatar Image says:

I can not say enough how excited I am for this film! Im starting to feel again that thrilling excitment that comes with new photots and trailers. I feel a Squee coming on at all times of the day!

Im so glad they didnt change Ginny too much, she did look a bit childish in the past few films, and I was worried about that, but she looks great! Im so psyched! SQUEEEEE!

Avatar Image says:

Everyone just needs to calm down :) Emma will be shown eventually. No need to get all worked up and attack Bonnie for be shown on something. Just chill,alright?

Avatar Image says:

My gosh, the reactions here are very ridiculous. I do find it hilarious that the one character who’s always been over emphasized in the movies, doesn’t feature in a trailer and bam, there’s hysteria. It’s been happening to ardent Ron and Ginny fans for ages. They make Ron look like he and Hermione don’t share the same status as sidekick !

So if Hermione hasn’t been shown in a trailer where she doesn’t fit in and has one calender cover with her two best friends, and she has some pics … it means they are ignoring her and trying to overshadow her ? My gosh people, she’s overshadowed everyone in the movies so far, including Harry at times, and I applaud the WB for finally listening to the ton of book and movie fans who were asking them to stop. The constant use of her for promotion purposes was getting ridiculous. She wasn’t in the book as much, unless she was jealous or nagging at Ron, and so it fits in that she won’t do as much in the movie. Though I suspect once again they’ll give some other character lines to her or something like that …....

I don’t like Hermione and infact she’s on my list of least favourite characters ever and yet I accept she is a vital part of the trio and Harry’s life. As is Ginny. So I don’t think it’s fair to say one of them is important and the other isn’t. That’s just ignorance and plain bias.They both played a part and I find it VERY refreshing to see that it seems like they’ve realized they have other characters to use for promotion purposes instead of shoving the useless Emma all the time.

Also, for all the people complaining about trio this and that and how Hermione’s a part of it and how could they ignore it .. they haven’t. There’s a cover. Now breathe and get off the computer.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, this is a heated page! I should have read before I poster, berfore. I cant understand why everyones freaking out? I think Joanne is right in her worries about Twilight being a bigger hit, it somthing new and exciting, c’mon. And Hermione doesnt need screen time, Ginny does. I really think this is going to be an amazng movie, did anyone see the cave photo? A M A Z I N G!!!

Avatar Image says:

to Joanne--QUIT USING ALL CAPS. now i have a headache.

Avatar Image says:

I think ginny Is not my love, but I think HBP is good movie.

I also think can see more Hermione in movie or photo!

Avatar Image says:

So how come there is a bunch of foreign merchandise, and yet I have yet to find a HBP calender on sale in the US?

Avatar Image says:

Harry looks so old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the picture of Ginny she looks really pretty. They probably aren’t showing Hermione because she doesn’t have such a big part in the Half Blood Prince.

Avatar Image says:

I love that Bonnie or rather Ginny is on the covers. They need to up her presence as the books certainly did not (or at least not to any great effect) and the movies havent had time to spare on her.

If people can complain about Rupert not being here or there, then Hermione/Emma fans certainly have a right to complain  as wel.   People are forgetting that Emma was still in school and a lesser role this time around probably suited her schedule better.  It would be interesting to know if they get any kind of merchandise deals. I would say no to Bonnie (she has no pull) nor would Rupert and I think Emma, which is why she has not been on much merchandise to be seen.  Emma is growing up to be a brand, and if she were to have her face on stuff like coloring books, it might decrease her value as being for example the face of Chanel or some other fashion house.   Robbie Coltrane once mentioned he gets nothing for his doll so I would bet none would.  Dan might have a deal if they use an actual photo as opposed to those that look like a drawing or animation.
Avatar Image says:

All photo is bad ! esp bonnie!!! She look the chin very short & not like HPB ginny(pretty & power)

Poor Dan! Kissing this girl!

Avatar Image says:

So let me get this straight. When Hermione (or Emma) fans talk about her missing that’s a heated reaction or being immature, but when Ron/Rupert or Ginny/Bonnie fans talk about the lack of their favorite characters in the film, then that’s just telling the truth about WB’s biases against those characters. How are a few comments by Hermione fans bashing (or being rude to) Ginny/Bonnie? Is it bashing when Ron and Ginny fans say they’re sick of seeing Hermione, that she’s taking over the movies, or that they don’t like her? It’s hypocritical to reprimand Hermione fans for something that those who like Ron and Ginny do all the time. If Ron/Ginny hadn’t been in the trailer, but Hermione was, Ron/Ginny fans would have been sh**ing themselves and railing against everyone from WB to Steve Kloves. We’re all immature that way when it comes to our favorite characters. Fans of Hermione let you guys complain and whine to the high heavens about the lack of Ron. It’s not killing anyone to let them complain a little this time (I’m sure they won’t be complaining long anyway since Hermione is always around). That’s basically what people use these comments for anyway.

Avatar Image says:

Were’s Luna she’s my fav??? Forget the rest give use Luna and Harry!!! :) Luna! Go Luna!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I agree, the playing cards seem cool. The other stuff I’m not so sure about.

Want cool Harry Potter T-shirts? Visit http://www.cafepress.com/besserwiss/3424800
Avatar Image says:

??? These are not new pics on the calendar cover. Ginny looks about 10 years old. And why is she three times as big as everyone else? Even Ron is bigger than Harry. Blimey! “Ginny Weasley and the Half-Blood Prince”.

Does anyone think this is just a fake?

Avatar Image says:

The sheets are hilarious! You know five years from now you’ll wish you bought them…what a trip.

Avatar Image says:

Sarah, don’t be stupid. Everyone knows that Ron is Harry’s best mate not Hermione.

Avatar Image says:

What??i said something about who is his best mate??

Avatar Image says:

If it was you who made this post so; “WHERE IS HERMIONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WB IS KIDDING ME FOR NOT PUTTING HER IN ANY IMAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS BLOODY IMPORTANT, MORE THEN GINNY!!!!!!!!!!! SHE’S HARRY’S BEST MATE TOOO!!!! SHE HELPED HARRY THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE BLOODY SERIES!!!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOU HERMIONE AKA EMMA!!!!”

Avatar Image says:

I have to admit, and I will get shouted at for having a different opinion, but I ve been a Harry/Hermione shipper since the beggining. I admit, I was wrong from the books prospective. But from the movie prospective, you ALL have to admit, Harry and Hermione make a more comprehensible couple. Their chemistry is just better and a bit flirty….even behind the scenes interviews it’s flirty. My point is, on the Hermione being pushed topic, yeah, I agree, she’s a beautiful young lady and Harrys hot. WB doesnt over look that, they use it, it’s called marketing! Poor Rupert and Bonnie havent, in my opinion, grown gracefully. I love Rons smile and Ginnys hair is to die for, but the chemistry is WB’s fault for pushing Dan and Emma to the forefront since movie one. Bonnie, by NO means is ugly, she’s pretty and unique. I have to be honest, I have worried that book Ginny and movie Ginny are two very different things! I woried about the chemistry between movie Harry and Ginny, their just is none, that we have experienced yet. Give the movie a chance, people, and hopefully WB, in all their infinate wisdom, can create such a mood for H/G that it’ll make sense. Book Hermione doesnt have much to say or do in HBP, except be jelouse and furious with Ron, while Harry feels bad for her and takes her her books and gives her a shoulder to cry on…thats it. Give Bonnie a chance, people, sheesh!

Avatar Image says:

Sorry Caramel but that post is not mine,other girl called sarah is the author.

Avatar Image says:

Good flipping grief. Am I the only one who likes both female characters?

For those flipping out about Hermione not being shown – she has been – she will be, she is clearly an important part of the storyline. Take a breath people.

I personally also don’t understand the angst over Bonnie /Ginny – she’s an awesome character and the books were written H/G and R/Hr – you didn’t think that was going to change in the movie, did you? It shouldn’t be surprising that Ginny’s getting more pub than in the past – but it doesn’t mean that is going to diminish the Hr character.

Heck, the two are friends/allies almost all the time in the books – I don’t get why fans of the two characters can’t get along too. Good grief.

Avatar Image says:

@ Caramel, it was me who posted that. And I didn’t say that RON wasn’t harry’s best mate. I was saying that Hermione was his best mate TOO. Both hermione and ron are his best friends, not JUST Ron. I love both characters Ron and Hermione, and it just pisses me that some people think that hermione isn’t his best mate. I mean, then what is hermione? Harry’s slave who almost killed herself to help harry??

Avatar Image says:

“But from the movie prospective, you ALL have to admit, Harry and Hermione make a more comprehensible couple.”

Uh, no, kerri…again, we don’t – because in my opinion Dan and Emma don’t, they have no more chemistry than any other good friends, and I would be one of ALL.

Avatar Image says:

Who needs to be entertained by the HBP film? Reading all these comments have me rolling on the floor in laughter! Remember, children, they’ve only released the “Teaser” trailer… obviously, teasing releases “the Dark Lord ” in some of you. Wicked.

Avatar Image says:

where is hermione??!? i really wanna c a pic of the trio [alllllllllllll!!!] and a pic of harry & ginny but these look kinda cheap! :[

Avatar Image says:

Where is SNAPE? WE NEED SNAPE!!!

Lmao at these comments!

People who say Ginny isn’t important:

Ginny has Harry’s babies. End of Story!

Avatar Image says:

@ jen, Ginny may be Harry’s wife and mother of his children, but are you forgetting that Harry would have been downright dead without Ron and Hermione’s help (Especially Hermione’s) through the whole series? Harry would have been dead by the first book/film without Hermione’s quick thinking if you ask me.

Avatar Image says:

mione, where did have you seen anyone saying that Ron and Hermione aren’t important??That doesn’t mean that they have to be featured in ALLL the pictures, for Godness sake!

A pic of Harry and Draco… “Oh, WHERE IS RON AND HERMIONE, OMG, THEY ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN DRACO BECAUSE WITHOUT THEM HE WOULD BE DEAD!”

I really don’t see the problem about pictures of Harry and Ginny, they’re a couple and SHE IS IMPORTANT, whether you like it or not. And Ron is in their photo. Any problem? He is her brother and Harry is worried about his reaction about his feelings for Ginny,. so it makes sense.

Avatar Image says:

The last parts of this comment are not for mione, but for all the whinning-over-reacting fans.

Avatar Image says:

Is very happy to see that everybody has calmed down.

Avatar Image says:

I just got to say… Luna/Evanna has more charisma and is prettier than Hermione/Emma and Ginny/Bonnie put together… and you don’t see her fans whining because she is not on the freaking trailer or the calendar.

Avatar Image says:

Anne, you seem to have misunderstood me, I wasn’t saying that Ron and Hermione should be included in every picture. What I meant was that they are the second most important characters in the whole series, that’s what I meant. And as for that example of Draco, I actually love Draco and I wouldn’t complain why r+h wouldn’t be in the pic, since I would understand why they weren’t included. And about all those of what you call ‘whinning fans’, I am sorry but if you haven’t realised, when ginny or ron isn’t included in pics while hermione is, people would start to talk about hermione taking over the movie. Well, I think the hermione fans (including me) have a right to complain just like the ginny fans did.

Avatar Image says:

hehehehehhe… A pillowcase with only ron & harry on it! tee hee

I guess this time they’re aiming more to straight fangirls and gay fanboys, LOL, wink wink

Avatar Image says:

Have a right to complain? Bonnie gets like 5 lines per movie, I think it is fair that they give slack.Emma on the other hand has been on EVERY Promtional thing for the movies and Bonnie has been on just one?Sorry Mione but your wrong.You dont have a right to complain.

Avatar Image says:

btw, herm’s fan have no right at all to complain, she’s been there tooooo much already, and overtook too many people’s rightful places for way too long already! time for other characters to show up some, and for her to stay down a bit! even if this whole film, she never showed up at all, it’d still not make up for all the time she stole form other characters all over the other films.

Avatar Image says:

I think Bonnie/Ginny fans usually to complain Bonnie is not in other photo. So, Bonnie fans can complain, and Emma fans can’t complain.

Not Fair!

Avatar Image says:

it’s perfectly fair, she’s been hogging everything for way too long already! you have no right to breath a word!

Avatar Image says:

Excuse me Emma Fans but in what other promotional stuff has Emma not been in? Explain to me how this is, not fair?

Avatar Image says:

Well for once it’s Ginny and NOT Hermione because Hermione gets everything. I don’t think they put Bonnie because she is more important if she wasn’t on there, non book readers would know who she was. And Bonnie is fine, not the most attractive but she has a different look, a more special one while Emma has a more classic look, both girls are beautiful. And well actually those saying that people bash them because they cant even complain that Emma/ Hermione is not in the trailer/merchandise/pics and it’s the first time they did unlike Ron/Rupert and Ginny/Bonnie fans, well why would this be the first time? Because there wasn’t anything to complain about, Emma basically just steals the show so now that Emma fans are used to it when she isn’t in one trailer or merchandise they bash on Ginny, complain, whine. Well. This is the first time in 6 years for the NEED to complain while Ruper and Bonnie fans had complained for FIVE years and rightly so.

Avatar Image says:

anyways, don worry, jk got affected by WB’s hermFavoritism, and she made herm The Perfect AngelHero in DH! So, you’d probably get more than your fill for her, maybe to the point of chocking her out gags

Avatar Image says:

To emma fans- How is it not fair, this is the first time in 5 years that you need to complain so it hasn’t been a problem for the last few yeas while Bonnie fans complained for the last 5 years because they see the need to. So well, I think it’s pretty fair.

Avatar Image says:

Here’s the 2 major differences between those who complained previously about the lack of Weasleys and the people complaining now about the lack of Emma:

1: Those complaining about the lack of Ron/Ginny weren’t just upset about lack of promotion, but also about lack of content in the actual movies themselves. That’s a pretty significant difference right there.

2: Emma has already been in almost half of the promotional pictures released so far, and although this article doesn’t link to it she [i]does[/i] have a cover with Ron and Harry in this same line of merchandise.

And it’s not just that some Emma fans are upset she’s not there, it’s [i]how[/i] upset they’re getting. It’s so ridiculous and over the top and in some cases down right hysterical that it’s hard to take them seriously or respect them. If you say you’re disappointed that Hermione didn’t get more coverage in this batch of merchandise, fine, if you say you’re disappointed the one photo she does have is an older photo and not a new one like everyone else, fine. I can respect those opinions. But when you feel the need to express you’re opinion by typing in all caps (yelling) or insulting other characters, actors, or posters then you’re choosing to express your opinion like a two year old throwing a tantrum, and while that is your right, I certainly don’t have to respect you because of it.

Those Emma fans expressing disappointment in a calm, respectful, adult manor, I’m sorry you’re disappointed and I hope you get more material in the future. Those Emma fans throwing a tantrum, grow up or get used to being mocked, your choice.

Avatar Image says:

Any fans can complain, fans just like see his/her love star in photo or other.

Avatar Image says:

Oh dear – I fear a visit from fandom_wank if people don’t calm down very soon.

Avatar Image says:

Most of the Hermione fans here have been perfectly calm. They’ve only said that they want to see Hermione, and have given reasons for why she’s not there. Very few posts have made derogative comments about Ginny or Ron or the actors that portray them. I think some of you are doing the same thing you’re accusing Hermione fans of: blowing things out of proportion.

I’m beginning to see a double standard here. Fans of Ron and Ginny can b**ch and complain b/c they’re only telling the truth, but Hermione fans better shut up b/c Hermione’s ‘all over the movies.’ Sorry but it doesn’t work like that. If you guys can whine and make 50 million comments about Ron and Ginny, then Hermione fans can do the same thing. It’s equal opportunity whining. Hermione fans can’t be faulted if the character they love gets a lot of attention. If they want to mention Hermione’s absence, that’s their right. Maybe u all have been complaining so long that you think Ron/Ginny fans are the only ones who have the right to. Which means some of you need to get over yourselves. Ron and Ginny may not have been treated like the queen and king of the HP castle, but they certainly weren’t tossed outside with the trash.

Avatar Image says:

“And as for that example of Draco, I actually love Draco and I wouldn’t complain why r+h wouldn’t be in the pic, since I would understand why they weren’t included. And about all those of what you call ‘whinning fans’, I am sorry but if you haven’t realised, when ginny or ron isn’t included in pics while hermione is, people would start to talk about hermione taking over the movie. Well, I think the hermione fans (including me) have a right to complain just like the ginny fans did.”

Posted by mione on August 05, 2008 @ 09:29 AM

I’m curious then why you (and others) don’t seem to understand or realize why Hermione had no place in that particular calender image (which attempts – rather poorly I agree – to show the Harry/Ginny/Ron interaction/ plot line in the books).

Do no other character interactions/plot lines in the book deserve attention or promotion other than the trio!? Are we to be subject to temper tantrums every time a non-Hermione plot line is focused on?!

Hermione/Emma/the trio has gotten plenty of promotion so far via the high resolution images and interviews. So Hermione/Emma fans have no right to complain simply because other characters and plot lines are receiving a little promotion as well.

You can’t compare this to Ron or Ginny fans complaining in the past. Those were valid complaints because Ron and Ginny HAVE actually gotten shafted in the promotion department in the previous films.

On the other hand, one can validly claim that Hermione/Emma is getting shafted here. There are a number of pics and interviews out there that completely disprove this claim. It’s just a bunch of people complaining and being immature because the media has decided to give a little focus to characters/plot lines that don’t include Hermione.

Fact check. The entire book doesn’t revolve around Hermione. Therefore, it shouldn’t cause such a major uproar when she’s not included in every promotional image that involves Harry and/or Ron.

Avatar Image says:

“On the other hand, one can validly claim that Hermione/Emma is getting shafted here.”

That should have read:

On the other hand, NO one can validly claim that Hermione/Emma is getting shafted here.

Avatar Image says:

I think Kat made a pretty solid point.

Avatar Image says:

I think that this is the funniest thing I have read all week! I think were need new news : ) ! Give us somthing else to agure about :P lol

Avatar Image says:

YIKES! Ginny looks totally photoshopped into the the calendar picture. Like they took a random picture of Bonnie and added it in, as the first commenter mentioned. Ron and Harry fit…but Ginny does not.

Avatar Image says:

If Hermione fans were going to die every time a non-Hermione plot is given attention (This is Harry Potter and the.., not Hermione Granger and the..), they’d be dead by now. The movies cut out everything that doesn’t have to do with Harry. One of Hermione’s biggest plot points, S.P.E.W., was cut from the movie. Her role in OOTP was cut down from what it was in the book. Ron was added to her and Harry’s journey into the forest with Hagrid, and her near death scene was cut out the movie. Hermione gets a lot of focus in the promotion because she’s the main HP girl, but the film makers have never hesitated to cut out her important moments. Hermione’s biggest role has been in POA (two movies ago). She’s gotten the shaft before just like any other character b/c the movies can’t focus on the same things as the book.

And yes, we all need something else to argue about. I just don’t see what the big deal is if Hermione fans want to complain. That’s what everyone does in these comments, especially when it comes to the movies (I remember how much people harped on Hermione’s dress in GOF not being blue).

Avatar Image says:

What I don’t understand is how you Emma fans can whine about Emma not being on a picture, but us Rupert fans cannot whine about Rupert not being in other things. Some of you Emma fans are being hypocrites! You tell us to shut up when we “whine” about Rupert, but when you whine about Emma not being in one golly gee picture, it’s okay. This is ridiculous and so annoying. Hermione has always been the one talking in the movies, always the one in the important scenes, and you guys have had nothing to complain about for over the past … five years or so? And now that she’s not in one teeny little stupid picture, it becomes a mad riot. You guys are just used to seeing Emma everywhere. Give another person a chance to be introduced – *ahem – Ginny Weasley/Bonnie Wright?!

And now everyone is saying “People are entitled to their own opinion.” Hmm. I don’t really see that comment anywhere in Rupert threads when I talk about him be in the background/pushed to the side/forgotten! I remember MYSELF always saying that we are entitled to our own opinion. Now that Emma fans have one, I’m just mad – it’s the same situation as Rupert’s! He doesn’t get enough attention, and now Emma’s not because she’s not in the trailer/not in the pictures. Now Emma fans know how Rupert fans feel like.

Avatar Image says:

Emma (or Hermione) is in the pictures, just not the trailer. Seeing as how we’ll get another trailer, most of us Hermione fans aren’t too worried. EVERYONE questioned why she wasn’t in the trailer so that’s no big deal. She’s been in all the official pictures, interviews, merchandise, etc. I don’t think we have to worry about Hermione going anywhere (and despite how much hate she seems to be getting, I’m glad of that).

Avatar Image says:

Playing Cards is a start. Now we just need the Major Arcana cards so we can have a proper Harry Potter Tarot Deck. It needs to be done. Out of all the franchises that have Tarot Decks I can’t believe there still isn’t one for HP. Every archetype in the deck is expressed somewhere in the series. It would be so easy.

Avatar Image says:

I think the pics look kinda werid like everyone else is saying the merch look like a fan made them and this is a discredit to some fans because some fans photoshop pics are better then these. (Really sorry to the people who made these).

AND WHERE IS HERMIONE??? Although, it is good that they are premoting Ron as HARRY’S BEST FRIEND as that is what he is! xx

Avatar Image says:

I think Moody One have a pretty solid point too!

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Thio! : ) I wonder how bad it’s gonna get if Bonnie nor Emma are on anything. Just Harry. lmao : P

WHERE IS HERMONIE

Avatar Image says:

Do you mean to ask where is Hermione?

I heard she was looking for something in the bottom of her purse and leaned in too far, and well, she’s not been seen since! :-O

Avatar Image says:

Like I said. Funniest thing I have read all week!!!! Where Moody? I want more Moody. lol

where’s I mean. lol

Avatar Image says:

Yes, of course both Ron and Hermione are his best friends. There’s just one diff though. Harry only refer to Hermione as one of his best friends, never his best friend. Because that’s Ron. I just wanted to make it clear that they’re not equal when it comes to that. But of course it’s right to say what you did. Anyway, you really shouldn’t complain because Hermione gets to stand back a bit this time. It’s not like she’s been robbed before.. It’s to the benefit of other characters. it’s their turn this time. NOT Hermione’s. It isn’t more than right. Don’t be grudging.

Avatar Image says:

I forgot to say. It’s to the benefit of other characters who really have been robbed and shoved back! It’s about time they get their share.

Avatar Image says:

Huh. That was a weird calendar. The photo of Ginny looked very, very Photoshopped, and Ginny looked too young in that picture for me. However, I really want that bedspread. How awesome would it be to go to sleep with Harry on your pillow?!

Avatar Image says:

WHERE THE HELL IS HERMIONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE’S IN THE TRIO , NOT GINNY , (even though i love her) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS THING IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO UIPSETTIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT HERMIONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE WASN’T EVEN IN THE TRAILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh laws this is sooooo sad.

As a fandom, we can sure find stuff to bicker about….

I know, we love to do it.

Anyway, as a Ron/Rupert fan, I know what it’s like to feel shafted.

However, I do think that the Hermione/Emma fans do have a right to feel upset that they aren’t getting their favorite character.

We’ve ALL felt the sting of having little HBP news over the past few months. And now some is coming out, people want to see their favorite characters. Some are resigned to the fact that their favorite characters aren’t going to be featured much in merchandise (Lupin, Tonks, etc.) Some are hoping that their favorite characters finally get the spotlight they deserve (Draco, Snape, etc.) Some are hoping to see the new faces (Slughorn, Lavender, etc.)

However, there are somethings that SHOULD be constant. We should get a fair share of Harry, Ron and Hermione. If the promotional people were doing what is right from the get go, we’d never (as far as promotion is concerned) feel that Ron was getting shafted or have to ask why Hermione’s pic is from OotP.

Avatar Image says:

Well said AJWC1. I just wanna see more HBP. I’ll take it any way I can get it. : P

Avatar Image says:

ok people emma was in some pictures that WB put out there and there is a full picture of just her and dan..so calm down…she wasnt the only one not in the trailer…

Avatar Image says:

I have a feeling that this’s all a trick! Yes, I know I’m being conspiratorial here, but here’s the thing: During OotP’s trailers, we had more Ron than Hermione, and it gave us the impression that we’re going to get more Ron that time around, but, surprise.. surprise, there was vertiually no Ron at all, admitedly more canon Ron, but almost hardly there at all! While Hermione/Emma’s face was almost in the center of most scenes, even in scenes that had nothing to do with here (i.e: Harry/Sirius hugging, where she seemed totally intruding), they seem to think it good luck to have her talk and walk and just hog the screen as much as possible!

Same thing I believe is happpening here, some foriegn promotional merchandise (I’m not even sure WB is truley involved, seeing the low quality of them) hasn’t issued enough Hermy/Emma pics, and it gives us (those who got sick of tooo much hermy already) hope that we’re getting her some less this time around, that we’re actually going to see some different faces ::sharing:: the screen instead of her hogging it all alone… But, no, I don’t think so, just a little trick I believe, and most probably we’re going to have the most angelic, victimized beauty princess, mopping all aroung the place shedding her pearly tears over the evil bastard who sold her out in spite of her loving pleas! Or something along the lines. Besides, weren’t the ::real:: WB promo stills full of Emma/Hermy shots to the brim, anyway? So, really, I don’t think there’s much hope for less hermy this film! Alas!

Avatar Image says:

Emma doesn’t hog the screen, it’s not like she asks for it. It’s the director who involved in who’s in the screen or not. Don’t blaim Emma for not having Rupert in the screen. Hermione is the main HP girl, Rupert is not the main HP boy, it’s Harry. So you should be blaiming daniel for all the non-rupert scenes. And if rupert feels he’s lacking from the films, then he should go complain himself….I don’t see him complaining or calling Emma a hog. Emma is his best friend in real life, afterall.

Avatar Image says:

Why is Emma blaimed for everything, anyway? She is NOT the director, she’s the actress who does what she’s told. Anyway, HBP better be a good film! I’m sure it will be, but I don’t want Twilight to take over! I’m really having a bad feeling that twilight will be the centre of attention rather then HP

Avatar Image says:

I don’t know why the Hermione/emma fans can be called ‘hypocrites’ or ‘immature’ when the ginny and ron fans can’t. This is just not fair and really harsh if you ask me. I like both Ron and ginny, but with some ron/ginny fans calling us immature, just makes me like them less. Seriously, when I people say they want hermione, it doesn’t mean we hate ginny and ron and want only hermione on the screen. If you ask me, the people calling us immature were immature themselves when they complained about no ron or ginny. And hermione has way more lines in the book then ginny, so I don’t know why people say ginny should be in more in the films. @ Catilyn, I TOTALLY agree with everything you have said!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Meh, it’s a given fact that it’s the filmmakers who decide whose face hog the screen. Please don’t turn this into some private emma war. It’s not about her. It’s about the films and how badly screen-time and lines are distributed in them in favor to the one whose face would make more money, not in favor to showing each character’s real role.

And I’m not sure really how hermy’s fans can not grasp the concept that people are fed-up with hermy cause they kept feeding her to us for too long, too much already, that it’s actually cool to have a break from her for a bit. I mean, even if I love bananas above all, if I kept eating bananas mostly for too long, I’ll get sick of it eventually and crave something different, it’s as simple as that. That’s what people are asking you about: You’ve had more than your over-dose of her, so what exactly are you complaining about now, it’s not like you’ve been deprived of her like Ron and Ginny’s fans have been deprived of their fave characters. You already have more than your fill.

Avatar Image says:

I actually like seeing emma on screen. AND I haven’t heard from any 1 I know saying their sick of seeing emma. Why would u be sick of seeing an actress in a movie. It’s like saying ur sick of having ur brother in the family.

Avatar Image says:

If you don’t like hermione, then don’t watch the films. Cause whether you like it or not, she is one of the main characters, not ginny. And if u don’t like hermione alltogether, that’s like saying u don’t like J.K Rowling. Cause if u haven’t realised, Hermione is based on Jo when she was young. Jo herself said Emma is doing a great job in the films.

Avatar Image says:

No one’s blaming Emma. It’s some of her fans who are being addressed here.

This whole thing started because a few people were having temper tantrums because Ginny was in a promotional shot with Harry and Ron instead of Hermione. It matters not, apparently, that Hermione has already been featured in several promotional shots already. The fact that Ginny is getting some promotion is this film as well is apparently enough to cause certain Emma/Hermione supporters to go off the deep end.

Avatar Image says:

Why are you insisting on turning it into an emma-war? Why can’t you just grasp the concept objectively and stick to it? I already told you, even if I love bananas above all, I’d get fed-up with it if I had too much of it. FYI, I like Emma herself, meaning her public persona, I loved her best in the first 2 films, found her still okay in 3rd, but not so so in the 4th and 5th, I may not be book-hermy’s biggest fan, but I think it irrelevant seeing as film-hermy has little to do with her. In general, it’s an issue of liking or disliking Emma or hermy, it’s an issue of an item that’s been forced on us too much, stealing other characters’ important lines, roles, screen time and promo.

We Know it’s not her fault (no need to remind us again), but they’ve been having her all over the place for too long already, that we now have a huge over-dose of her, it’s time to fill the screen & the promo with other faces. It’s what I hope anyways, but as I said in my first post, I highly doubt we’ll see any less of her.

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s kinda stupid and retarded to tell people not to read a book or watch the movie if they don’t like a character. People hate Harry and they’ll still read … sometimes there are other things that grab your attention much more !

And yes JKR said Hermione’s based on herself …. in a god I was like that way. But apart from the flimsy logic that it means I don’t like her … so what ? I can like the books and movies without liking the author

I just think the over reaction over Ginny getting a shot with the two guys as does Hermione is kinda uncalled. The WB is allowed to promote the other wonderful female in HP.

Avatar Image says:

I wish they would have at least stuck Hermione somewhere on the calender cover. She’s my favorite character!

Write a Reply or Comment