Wizarding World of Harry Potter: “Revealed in 2010″

Sep 19, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As we reported several weeks ago, the FAQ on the official Wizarding World of Harry Potter website at Universal was updated to state an opening of “2010.” The front of the same site now reads ‘Harry Potter “Theme Park within a Theme Park” will be revealed in 2010-Fans to be Immersed in the Adventures of the World’s Most Popular Wizard.’ However, an exact date in 2010 for the grand opening has not yet been released.

Tonight, The Orlando Sentinel has a new article online, showing photos of signs at the ongoing construction site for the new Harry Potter theme park attraction that now read “Revealed in 2010” as well. You can also see new photos of the walls of stone buildings for the Hogsmeade village going up, as well as the sides of the castle growing higher and higher.

18 Responses to Wizarding World of Harry Potter: “Revealed in 2010″

Avatar Image says:

this is going pretty slow, isn’t it? 1st!

Avatar Image says:

Yes! Too slow, like everything else these days!

Avatar Image says:

Wahoo!! The theme park is going to be so great, I only wish we got to hear more news about it… I guess it is moving reeeal slow, but I bet there’s all sorts of behind-the-scenes stuff and once we get on a bit more of a Potter roll with Harry, A History and Beedle the Bard it won’t seem so far away.

Avatar Image says:

i wish i could get this news before Leaky. i live in bleeding Orlando.

Avatar Image says:

Of course, it will end up being delayed just like every HP movie. I expect late 2010 at the earliest.

oh! oh! I can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! I just can’t stand this. I want it to be open yesterday! My kids are so excited to go there and it’s still over a year away!

Avatar Image says:

Hi there Pessimistic Pete. Shut the hell up.

The only movie to be “delayed” in the series is HBP, and that was for business reasons. Since the park is entirely unrelated to the films, there is absolutely no evidence to the claim that it will be delayed.

To the rest of you: There are things going on that you don’t understand. Just because it doesn’t look like it’s making progress, doesn’t make it so.

Avatar Image says:

Watch it Brad, there’s young kids on this site and they don’t need to be hearing that sort of talk on a HP website.

I believe it has to do with money revenue especially if it’s WB, but it is going rather slow and it’s the set designing and constructing that’s probably slowing the process. I just think they need to stop promising all these dates and getting the fans hopes up. It’s really quite annoying.

Avatar Image says:

Regardless of when it’s coming out, at least it is, isn’t it? There might not have even been a theme park—let’s all be glad they’re working toward it.

Avatar Image says:

It has to be slow though, we don’t want a hurricane to come by and damage it because it was constructed too fast and full of flaws. Interesting choice to build it in Orlando with the possibility of so many environmental hazards, but I’m definitely okay with it since it’s only 10 minutes away. :)

Avatar Image says:

I don’t care about slow as long as they give one helluva park to rock in!!! I can’t wait!!

Avatar Image says:

Come 2010, I’m going to Harry’s world! Yayyy! Even if it is late in the year we’re getting our own theme park. Even Cinderella has to share with all of the other Disney characters. ( :

Avatar Image says:

The longer it takes, the better job they are doing. A project of this enormity will take a very, very long time. Besides – the area was supposed to open late 2009 (December-ish) so moving it forward a few months isn’t that big a deal.

Stuff happens, be thankful you get an area of this quality at all!

Avatar Image says:

I am SO flying there in 2 years. Even if it’s 9124 miles away!

Avatar Image says:

I just saw the pics online of the theme park and WOW!! I was just there on a field trip w/ my son in April and it is amazing at the difference. We could peak through the barricades somewhat and there was not much done except for dirt being moved. It will be soooo worth the wait!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I just saw the pics online of the theme park and WOW!! I was just there on a field trip w/ my son in April and the difference is amazing. We could peak through the barricades somewhat and there was not much done except for dirt being moved. It will be soooo worth the wait!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I think that the HP world is getting put up very quickly because there is lots machines and all stuff like that to go through, plus Hogwarts i huge and there going to make it the same as in the books. so i think its going up very fast la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

Write a Reply or Comment