Celebs Weigh In As Harry Potter Fans

Celebs on HP
September 24, 2008, 12:22 PM

MTV is continuing their week long series of articles on the world of Harry Potter, and now has a piece where famous personalities weigh in with their thoughts on the beloved books by J.K. Rowling. Harry Potter cast members Ralph Fiennes, Robert Pattinson, and Verne Troyer give their thoughts, as do a variety of others such as Keira Knightley, and Marcia Gay Harden. Highlights below; more found at the article via this link.

Keira Knightley:”I’ve read all the books. I haven’t seen the films, except the first one. What’s the alley where they get the wands from? [Diagon Alley.] That’s an amazing image. Harry, he’s pretty cool. He’s got a good scar.”

Actor Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort): “I think the great thing about ‘Harry Potter’ is that J.K. Rowling has created a myth for our time. I know it sounds cliché, but to keep reinventing the dynamic between good and evil in an accessible and dramatic way is fantastic. I think the high-octane drama of those movies is great for keeping filmmaking alive. There’s an energy and an inventiveness and an originality to what she’s done.”

Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory, Edward Cullen in “Twilight”): “Does it make me a traitor? ‘Harry Potter’ was what made me become an actor. I credit ‘Harry Potter’ with everything else that’s come since for me. I didn’t know what I was doing before that. I hadn’t read the books before doing the movie, so at first I read it just as an acting exercise. But I really enjoyed it! But I think Edward would kick Cedric’s ass, to be honest.”

Verne Troyer (Griphook): “I was actually in the first ‘Harry Potter’ film, and it was fun, but the only thing was, I had to go through over five hours of makeup. A new ‘Harry Potter’ film is going to be coming out soon, and they have my character [Griphook] coming back, but they somehow didn’t call me and have me be a part of it. What’s up with that?”

Marcia Gay Harden: “[My 10-year-old daughter] Eulala has read all seven books, and this past year, she asked me to read them with her, because her whole world is ‘Harry Potter.’ For her birthday, she wants a wand, a crystal ball, a potion-making kit, that’s all she wants — not any ‘Hannah Montana.’ So I read it, and it’s brilliant. Each chapter, J.K. Rowling leaves a breadcrumb, and you have to read on. You can’t stop! It’s affected our lives on so many levels, from reading together to playtime — a lot of playtime is about ‘Harry Potter’ — to other books and wondering if the writing will be as good or the imagery as great. Rowling says, ‘Jump on and go on this ride,’ and it’s fantastic. I would have loved to be Professor McGonagall. Eulala is Hermione. It’s another way of looking at the world, which I really love.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Celebs on HP News

Posted by DisneyDuck136 on September 24, 2008, 01:37 PM report to moderator
the fish
Posted by the fish on September 24, 2008, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Scully
Posted by Scully on September 24, 2008, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Pureblood-Slytherin
Posted by Pureblood-Slytherin on September 24, 2008, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Kirstine
Posted by Kirstine on September 24, 2008, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Isabel
Posted by Isabel on September 24, 2008, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Pomona
Posted by Pomona on September 24, 2008, 03:05 PM report to moderator
angelaleighton
Posted by angelaleighton on September 24, 2008, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Becca
Posted by Becca on September 24, 2008, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Donna
Posted by Donna on September 24, 2008, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Eeyore
Posted by Eeyore on September 24, 2008, 05:12 PM report to moderator

Fred and George Weasley [were] trying to find out what would happen if you fed a Filibuster firework to a salamander. Fred had "rescued" the brilliant orange, fire-dwelling lizard from a Care of Magical Creatures class and it was now smouldering gently on