Miriam Margolyes to Return as Professor Sprout for “Deathly Hallows”

119

Sep 25, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Great news Hufflepuff fans! Actress Miriam Margolyes has confirmed in a new interview that she will reprise her role as Head of Hufflepuff House and Herbology Professor Pomona Sprout for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films. Mandrakes Ahoy! :)

28 Responses to Miriam Margolyes to Return as Professor Sprout for “Deathly Hallows”

Avatar Image says:

Wow! :) I’m so happy! She hadn’t been on there for so long!!

1st?

Avatar Image says:

Fantastic! I hope she and Maggie Smith get to give each other the “significant look” as they prepare to defend Hogwarts. Heaven knows, I wouldn’t want to be Tom Riddle when these old teachers are reading each other’s mind about the fight to come!

Avatar Image says:

I still think Miriam would’ve made a way better umbridge than that other woman cuz she almost fits the description of umbridge in the book…

buuutt she’ll do fine as sprout…make sure teachers are involved in important scenes in the 7th movie’s’ especially Maggie Smith confronting Snape (where she she ran into him and tried to attack him but he used a knight’s armor to shield himself) ...uuuuse that scene!!! i love it….

Avatar Image says:

Excellent! I love her work, she’ll give those Death Eaters their come-uppance!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot of previous cast members in the DH movies – Margolyes, Hurt, Staunton, Thompson etc. I certainly hope so!

Avatar Image says:

excellent i loved her as professor sprout and im glad to see they are bringing back important characters even if they havent been in the movies for ages – they’d better get John Hurt back i love Ollivander and i think he was one of the best bits of casting in the whole series!

Avatar Image says:

Hufflepuff power! maybe they’ll bring back ernie and hannah from cos and gof too! and maybe even cedric! oh wait. .......kidding.

Avatar Image says:

This is spectacular news. Who does not love some Professor Sprout? I can’t wait to see her come back.

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s terrific that they’re bringing her back as Professor Sprout! And it’s a bit of confirmation that they will tie everything up well and keep the continuity of all the movies by bringing back as many of the original people that were cast in the earlier movies. AWESOME NEWS!

Avatar Image says:

wonderful! I’d heard (however accurate such internet rumors are) that she had a problem with the franchise and wasn’t going to do any more. if so, i’m glad she changed her mind.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, this is the first really happy HP movie news I feel like i have heard in a LOOOONNNGGG time! I am SO happy that they are bringing her back, she’s fantastic and it’s proof that they are serious about doing things right for the finale. I really hope they bring everyone back that we saw in DH, that would be awesome. YAY for Professor Sprout! (Gryffindors love her too!)

great! i love her!

Avatar Image says:

Woo! I think that she was great as Sprout. I wonder if it is only me that thinks that her name sounds like a name that could easily have been slotted in one of the books by Jo?...

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad that she’ll be back… but what if they use her instead of Charity B- at the beginning. You know how they like to “substitute” characters. Sorry to be a downer, but I just have a bad feeling about that.

Yay!!! =]

Avatar Image says:

@ scurvy I totally agree with you! @ bushybrownhairedknowitall (by the way your name is cool) I never thought of that but isn’t there some reason why she has to stay alive? I thought there was somewhere buried in the book…

Avatar Image says:

sorry to post twice but I just read her interview! She seems just like Prof. Sprout! So warm!

Avatar Image says:

Woohoo! I’m so glad that they’re not cutting Sprout out of the movie. So, does that mean that we’ll be seeing Neville, Sprout and the others doing “plant warfare”?

Avatar Image says:

Yeah! Oh, givemesomeTLC, Prof. Sprout comes in near the end, when she and the Hufflepuffs start slinging Mandrakes at the DE’s….that had better be the reason, because I love that scene. I could forgive WB for all that they’ve done to the movies if this one is as awesome as the book. is unrealistically hopeful right now

Avatar Image says:

Yay, I love Miriam! Knowitall, I sure hope you’re wrong, but you’ve struck fear into my heart. I suspect you’re right.

Avatar Image says:

This is a very surprising development. I wonder if all of the original cast members will reprise their roles, since the scenes in the Room of Requirement and the Battle of Hogwarts calls for people like Oliver Wood to return.

yay hufflepuff!!

Avatar Image says:

Very very cool that they are bringing back people even when they’re really just furniture. (I’m not being sarcastic, I mean this in the most friendly way.) She isn’t really needed for the plot, but’s its just sooo good to have her in the final scenes.

Avatar Image says:

I am SOOOOOO Happy!!!!!! Yes, I have hope that DH will be the best HP film ever. Hufflepuffs Rock!

Avatar Image says:

Oooh, this great news. I’m glad all the oldies are coming coming back for the last movie. Kind of like a reuniting of all the old actors. I liked Mim, she was great, and I ove the greenhouses. Someone said about ots of actors will be returning for dh, I agree, ollivander, umbridge, krum, there loads. I’m so excited for how the film turns out. February they start filming. Yay. And especcially the cool two films for one. This, I feel, will be something special.

Avatar Image says:

As a Gryffindor…this isn’t the best news ever but I can’t pretend I’m not excited!! She made a spectacular Professor Sprout before and I can’t wait till she makes a spectacular Pomona in the DH!! AND she’ll be Helga Hufflepuff…I NEED to tell my Hufflepuff friends!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yes!!!!!! Can’t wait to see her running down the halls of Hogwarts with hordes of students and mandrakes!!!! Sooooo exciting!!!!

Avatar Image says:

SO happy about this! It’s only fitting that all the Houses be represented during the final fight.

Write a Reply or Comment