Dan Radcliffe on Dumbledore's Funeral for Half-Blood Prince, Emma Watson on Deathly Hallows Split

HBP Film
January 01, 2009, 08:44 AM

Happy 2009! To start our new year off, we have two new interviews from cast members of the Harry Potter films. First up: Entertainment Weekly is previewing the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by releasing a close up photo of an almost kiss between Harry (Dan Radcliffe) and Ginny (Bonnie Wright). There is a short article as well, featuring  a new interview with Dan, where he mentions filming Dumbledore's funeral. The piece reads: "Shooting Dumbledore's funeral was another tough scene for Radcliffe, as it took on the personality of an Irish wake thanks to some not-so-mournful extras: ''Because there's a lot of people there, it's one of those things that takes on a party atmosphere.'' As fans will recall, earlier reports had stated this scene was not in the film.

Also Dan comments on the budding romance of Ginny and Harry, by saying ''Harry's got a real thing for her, and that is slightly odd, because when we met, I was 11 and she was 9, and she was only ever Ron's little sister,'' says Radcliffe, now 19. ''But that all changed, and here we are snogging.''

MTV has the second bit of news, this in the form of a new interview with Emma Watson, who comments on the split of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the two movies. Noting she still has not yet received the scripts for the film which is due to begin next month in mid-February, she says she does not know where the break will take place: “I don’t know,” she replied. “I am as intrigued as you are. I am waiting at the moment to receive the script. It’s a tough call. I’m sure it will be some cruel cliffhanger.”

On leaving the role of Hermione behind after filming completes for the Deathly Hallows films, Emma Watson reflected by noting “It’s really mixed feelings,” Watson gushed. “It will be bittersweet. It will be very scary because it’s been such a massive part of my life. It will have been nearly over a decade that I’d been playing Hermione. It’ll be tough but I’ll be ready to go I think. I’ll be ready to take on other projects. It will be exciting.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

vineeth

Come on BellaSnape, you cant say that and keep us in the dark. Hellllooo, we are on leakycauldron — please share — we want to share your joy. What is the biggest surprise?? I beg you – dont leave us hanging.

Posted by vineeth on January 04, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator
BellaSnape

Alright then, it starts off with Harry Looking through the pensieve and then we see young tom riddle like walking around, that scene again where him and Dumbledore are talking and Dumbledore set the wardrobe on fire, then in a flash there is Narcissa looking at her hand or something- we have a front view of the Quidditch players, then Bellatrix spinning , or doing that thing where she appears before the Burrow, Snape quickly…. this is all from memory and it happend fast so most is accurate but I may have missed something in that min and so many seconds. So basically they changed angles and we got a glimpse at the unbreakable vow, Im guessing.

Posted by BellaSnape on January 04, 2009, 10:30 AM report to moderator
potterloverhhr

noooooooooooooooooooo. why is emmma not playing hermione? im sorry and i am the most hugest fan of harry potter but the movies are starting to resemble CRAP

Posted by potterloverhhr on January 05, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
celia

I’m pretty sure they left in some kind of lament for Dumbledore…they just didn’t put in that long funeral that was attended by hundreds of wizards like in the book…but they OBVIOUSLY did something…i mean it is Dumbledore…I’m sure Daniel did an excellent job in that scene…since he says it was hard that means he must have given it all he’s got….

And I bet Emma is right, I KNOW they’re going to torture us with some “Cruel Cliffhanger”…but I still can’t wait!

Posted by celia on January 05, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Raz

The funeral has been filmed, but was cut from the film as was tha battle at the end.
David Yates said that the way they end of the film is great so they don’t need the funeral.

Posted by Raz on January 26, 2009, 06:31 PM report to moderator
raz

The funeral has been filmed, but was cut from the film and so was tha battle at the end.
David Yates said that the way they ended the film is great so they don’t need the funeral.

Posted by raz on January 26, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Before_qudditch_thumb

awesome

Posted by TasyaWeasley on July 17, 2009, 12:56 PM report to moderator

Dudley, who was so large his bottom drooped over either side of the kitchen chair, grinned and turned to Harry.[br]"Pass the frying pan."[br]"You've forgotten the magic word," said Harry irritably.