Magical Needlework Craft-Along Now Open

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Edward
January 01, 2009, 06:31 PM

As it now a new year and a new month, we now bring you the start of the latest Craft-Along Event over on the Leaky Lounge.  This month, our always creative Crafty Witches have come up with a fun and handy event that will have you brushing up on your magical needlework.  Work at your own pace, practicing stitches from a variety of needlework projects along with your fellow crafters for the January Craft-Along.  A number of resource threads are currently available, while additional video tutorials and tips and tricks will be available online in the coming days.  Get those pin-cushions and needles at the ready, and jump into the latest Craft-Along Event today!  Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

lily_luna

I love needlework! I’ll enjoy this! (first post?)

Posted by lily_luna on January 01, 2009, 06:37 PM report to moderator
SRP

Cool! Something to work on while I enjoy my new seven disc Blu-Ray collector’s edition of the first five HP movies, a nice Christmas gift indeed.

Posted by SRP on January 01, 2009, 06:39 PM report to moderator
givemesomeTLC

@ SRP omg! how are the Blu-Ray Harry Potters? I want.

Posted by givemesomeTLC on January 01, 2009, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Moody One

I love to needlework too lily_luna! I just wish I could knit. I would love to have Dumbledore’s socks!

Posted by Moody One on January 02, 2009, 01:43 AM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

@Moody….I’m just starting my House Colors Scarf! I got a book called “Knitting For Dummies”, along with a book, called ‘Charmed Knits, Projects For Fans Of Harry Potter’ [Alison Hansel] I am so looking forward to making a House Scarf! I can’t wait for some good tips and such, from the folks at ‘Craft Along’ here at Leaky!!!!! The needle point patterns, were GREAT!!!! Yipeeeee!

Posted by Confederate Lady on January 02, 2009, 07:51 AM report to moderator
SRP

@givemesome TLC….I’m still full from the ABC Family HP week-end so I haven’t started watching them yet. I opened everything up to make sure all the movies were indeed Blu-Ray as I read on Amazon that some people got the HD version of Goblet of Fire instead of all Blu-Ray. I had been coveting this collector’s edition of the movies for a year now and when I was surprised with a $100 Amazon gift certificate for Christmas, it took all of five minutes to decide what to spend it on. Especially when I saw the more recent 5-movie box set didn’t have the bonus DVD or the game, I figured I’d better get mine now before they’re gone. I was planning on waiting for the gi-normous 8 movie plus extras edition once the films are all out, but that would probably cost $200. This way I’ve got the first part of the series covered. There’s a good review here: http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/992/harrypotteryears.html

Posted by SRP on January 02, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Moody One

To Confederate Lady…My middle finger on my left hand is amputated half way down and it makes it hard to hold yarn and wool. Crocheting is a nightmare. Needle point is about the only I can do pretty good. Thanks anyway! : )

Posted by Moody One on January 02, 2009, 02:23 PM report to moderator
pancrafts

I just checked out some of the cross stitch items and they are cute but when I tried to bring up the Fawkes the Phoenix I can only see one page when I tried to print it out for me to do the work…

Does any one have any ideals how to make it print out correct? It’s so big and I am only able to see the one page. Do I need to make my screen size bigger or smaller what ever you call it LOL.?
Thanks for any help,
pancrafts

Posted by pancrafts on January 02, 2009, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Super Jenn!

Hi, pancrafts! I checked out the file for you to see what we could do, and you’re right – the file is SO massive that it takes some special handling.

To get it to print correctly, I had to:
1) Click the thumbnail to open up the full-sized pattern.
2) Right click the pattern and select “Copy Image”.
3) Open up Paint on my computer and paste the pattern in. Please note that this took several minutes and I thought for a few that my computer had frozen-up.
4) You can then print the pattern from paint. It’s 36 pages, and will need trimmed and taped together to form the full pattern.

Hope this helps!

Crafty Witch Jenn

Posted by Super Jenn! on January 02, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

YOWCH, pancrafts! you’re a braver soul than I am! LOL. Moody…that’s ok. I do better with Cross Stitch than I do with knitting needles OR crochet hook! The Needlepoint patterns, on the Needle Craft section, are excellent. I am finishing a full set of House Crests and trying to decide which of the Hogwarts Crests I want to do…the bigger patterns kinda scare me! Again, good luck,pancrafts!

Posted by Confederate Lady on January 03, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Moody One

Confederate Lady I just love a Croos Stitch. lol I loved the Fawkes one….but I’m not that brave. : )

Posted by Moody One on January 03, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Moody One

Cross..lol!!!!!

Posted by Moody One on January 03, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

There was a knock on the door of their compartment and the round-faced boy Harry had passed on platform nine and threequarters came in. He looked tearful.[br] "Sorry," he said, "but have you seen a toad at all?"