New "Half-Blood Prince" Trailer from Japan Now Online

HBP Film
January 23, 2009, 09:36 AM

Check it out! The new trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince which is being aired in Japan, is now online here via YouTube. Enjoy!

UPDATE: Thanks to our hardworking crew, we now have the screencaps here in our image galleries!

Please note: This video contains Japanese subtitles and announcer, but you can also distinctly hear new dialogue in English from Dumbledore, Hermione and especially Snape as he sneers "How grand it must be to be the chosen one."

Thanks so much to Portkey.it for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

julie

Awesome. Loved the “most people vomit” comment.

Posted by julie on January 23, 2009, 09:41 AM report to moderator
Phoenix

That trailer is fantastic! I cant wait for the movie!! (yay, first comment!)

Posted by Phoenix on January 23, 2009, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Phoenix

Well, almost first comment, I loved the “most people vomit” line as well!

Posted by Phoenix on January 23, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator
the fish

Oh, man!!! that was awesome! I hadn’t checked out the stills, because I didn’t want to be disappointed since the trailer wasn’t online. Now it is, and I’m so excited. The new scenes were very good. I liked the bit with Dumbledore: “Most people throw up the first time.” That deadpan delivery was very funny. Maybe Kloves has given Dumbledore some more lighthearted moments that even Gambon can’t screw up. :)

Posted by the fish on January 23, 2009, 09:56 AM report to moderator
ravesfave

I don’t know if its the Japanese commentary, or what, but it looks like a pretty exciting movie to me.

Posted by ravesfave on January 23, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator
steph

WOW- that was heaps of new footage. This just gets me more excited for the movie YAY!!!!

Posted by steph on January 23, 2009, 10:04 AM report to moderator
Andremthefoozle

So much more new stuff than I expected. I can’t wait!

Posted by Andremthefoozle on January 23, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Andremthefoozle

So much more new stuff than I expected. I can’t wait!

Posted by Andremthefoozle on January 23, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Andremthefoozle

So much more new stuff than I expected. I can’t wait!

Posted by Andremthefoozle on January 23, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Linny

How exciting! :D I think this is the point where I stop looking at spoilers. It’s going to be tough, but I don’t want to ruin this one like I did with the fourth film.

A little off topic, but I like how they write the date backwards.. hehe.

Posted by Linny on January 23, 2009, 10:17 AM report to moderator
marauder.

In Ron’s words, “Bloody brilliant!” I can’t wait. Hermione was amazing, Ron was amazing, Ginny was amazing, obviously, Harry was amazing, and Dumbledore was hilarious. One of the few lines I’ve liked that they just added in. Very excited. Tom Felton was very convincing in front of the mirror. Erked (sp?) by his little snippet. I didn’t think Snape knew Harry was on the floor though. Creepy shushing image. All in all GREAT trailer! Can’t wait for July 17!!

Posted by marauder. on January 23, 2009, 10:18 AM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

That was simply amazing and way better that what I had expected, I thought it would just be the same as the others with about one new shot edited in. Only yesterday on Leaky I wondered when we’d get to see this. WOW have to say Snape’s Line about the chosen- Brilliant! So much to talk about this, PotterCast get on this!
All I can say is God Bless Sue for twittering this to my attention! I barely even use Twitter!

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on January 23, 2009, 10:24 AM report to moderator
matea

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! finally…who can wait 5-6 more months!!!!!???

Posted by matea on January 23, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
angela leighton

All I have to say about the trailer is Bloody awesome!!! Harry yelling at Snape to fight back and voldemort and Bellatrix could not be more evil.

Posted by angela leighton on January 23, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Arun

i cant wait any more………………waiting for the english version

Posted by Arun on January 23, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator

"Well, I always thought [Corner] was a bit of an idiot," he said... "Good for you. Just choose someone -- better -- next time."[br]He cast Harry an oddly furtive look as he said it.[br]"Well, I've chosen Dean Thomas, would you say he's better?" asked Ginn