Promo Photos of Professor Slughorn Online

Movies
January 27, 2009, 07:26 PM

Thanks to Oclumencia for letting us know about two new promo photos of actor Jim Broadbent in his role as Professor Slughorn in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. You can see these photos, here and here.

Thanks Thio!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

aridnie

Ahh! So excited about the pictures. I’ve been hoping for some good ones of ol’ Sluggy.

Posted by aridnie on January 27, 2009, 07:32 PM report to moderator
decarus

These look good. Jim broadbent is great. He isn’t what i thought of as slughorn but he is a great actor so i am sure he will do great.

Posted by decarus on January 27, 2009, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Rica

awesome! he looks pretty mad tho lol !

Posted by Rica on January 27, 2009, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Agustin

Nice photos! lol. But: Is my idea or Slughorn looks (in these photos) just like Mr Bean. (Rowan Atkinson)? I recall the same face expressions and (now that I give a thought on it) it seems like if they had the same personality.

Posted by Agustin on January 27, 2009, 09:43 PM report to moderator
SRP

Mad for plaid! Weird how his one jacket cuff has a button hanging from it….

Posted by SRP on January 27, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator
mc8105

am I the only one who hasn’t seen the promo shots of harry and draco that’s on there, too??

Posted by mc8105 on January 27, 2009, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Grace

Pretty fierce Slughorn photos. I also think the profile images of Harry/Malfoy are amazing! Intense, brooding, face-off….I love the tension there!

Posted by Grace on January 27, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Marie

You’re not the only one who didn’t see the photos of Harry and Draco. How did I miss them?!?! Oh, well. I really like them, though. The intensity of them are great. And I enjoyed the Slughorn photos as well. :)

Posted by Marie on January 28, 2009, 12:27 AM report to moderator
delly

omg i actually CANT wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Posted by delly on January 28, 2009, 06:33 AM report to moderator
Miss Twiddle

I’m a little disappointed by the choice of Broadbent to play Slughorn. He doesn’t look anything like JKR’s description of Slughorn in the books i.e. with large belly etc. what does everyone else think?

Posted by Miss Twiddle on January 28, 2009, 07:10 AM report to moderator
Weirdest of Sisters

I completely agree Miss Twiddle – definitely not fat enough to play Slughorn – I can’t see his belly preceding him into a room! Having said that Jim Broadbent is a splendid actor – I’ve never seen him give a bad performance so I’m sure he’ll do the best he can

Posted by Weirdest of Sisters on January 28, 2009, 07:55 AM report to moderator
Thio

Hey Sue! You are most welcome! But as I think I’m the only Thio around here (at least I hope so) and I’m pretty sure I didn’t send you guys any picture, I can only assume you got my nick up there by mistake.

But thanks anyway! =9

Posted by Thio on January 28, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

I never seen those Harry Draco face off pictures either!! How did I miss those?!

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on January 28, 2009, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Marcheline

I definitely like the site more for the photos of Harry/Draco than the ones of Slughorn.

I wouldn’t have pictured Slughorn as the type to have cuff buttons hanging off by a thread, would you? I thought he was rather posh and liked everything just so.

Posted by Marcheline on January 29, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hufflepuff067_thumb

Slughorn is probably one of my least favourite characters. I don’t know why, but he just is. Still, loving anything from HBP that comes out.

Posted by SylvieTheHufflepuff on January 30, 2009, 06:26 PM report to moderator

Fred and George looked at each other. Then Fred said abruptly, "I've told you before, Ron, keep your nose out if you like it the shape it is. Can't see why you would, but --"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014