Report: Stuntman for Dan Radcliffe Injured on Set of "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
January 28, 2009, 07:57 PM

UK tabloid The Mirror is reporting tonight that a stuntman "who doubles for Harry star Daniel Radcliffe," was injured as part of prep work for filming on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The paper says that the accident with the stuntman happened while "rehearsing a flying sequence using a harness when he was sent plummeting by the blast, which was part of the stunt. He was conscious after smashing to the ground but told horrified colleagues: “I can’t feel my legs.”

The paper continues:

A source said: “The stunt double was badly hurt. He was rehearsing a flying scene which involved an explosion and it seems to have gone badly wrong. The guy was rigged up to a harness for the scene and was flying through the air.It is thought he may have been caught by the explosion and hit the ground very hard."

UPDATE: The UK Press Association now has more on this incident, with their article stating an "East of England Ambulance Service spokesman confirmed a man in his 20s had been injured on set.

He said: "Paramedics were called to Leavesden Studios after a man in his 20s sustained a significant back injury. He was stabilised at the scene and taken to Watford General Hospital." Watford General Hospital refused to comment on the man's condition, but said he had been transferred to another hospital.

The Mirror does contain a quote for a rep from Leavesden studios as follows: “We can confirm a member of the Harry Potter production was injured in an accident. We are awaiting further news.Out of respect for the family we are unable to comment further.”

TLC is working to obtain additional information on this matter, and will update when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

ele0206

@ Vulcan Potter: you should be ashamed by yourself! Saying “awesome” and thinking only about the film, when a young man could have really bad injuries.

I really wish he’s ok now. Sorry for any grammar error, I’m italian.

Posted by ele0206 on January 29, 2009, 05:32 AM report to moderator
jasmine

Hope this dangerous action scene doesn’t scare Dan. He’s going to do the close up scenes of that particular clip after all. . and yeah…hope that stuntman is okay

Posted by jasmine on January 29, 2009, 05:50 AM report to moderator
ele0206

I just read all the comments: I am astonished by the insensibility of some people. I can’t believe that all you can think of is what scene he’s been injuried in.
It really doesn’t matter if he’s payed for his dangerous work. This doesn’t make what happened to him less terrible.

Posted by ele0206 on January 29, 2009, 05:52 AM report to moderator
blackcatwitch

I hope he’ll be allright!.

Posted by blackcatwitch on January 29, 2009, 06:10 AM report to moderator
Muggle-Born-Witch

geeze! I hope he’s not paralyzed!! That would be aweful. :-\

I hope he recovers…

Posted by Muggle-Born-Witch on January 29, 2009, 06:15 AM report to moderator
Millas

Thats just horrible. And I must say some of the comments here is rather tasteless.

Posted by Millas on January 29, 2009, 06:16 AM report to moderator
Chrissy

How horrible!
My guess is definitely 7 Potters. Hedwig explodes, the brick wall comes out of the bike, the dragon fire comes out of the bike, I’m sure that’s what is was.
This is so sad! I really hope he gets well and is not paralyzed. Poor guy….

Posted by Chrissy on January 29, 2009, 07:28 AM report to moderator
the real bebe

Someone posted an idiotic comment about skelegrow a few pages back under my name. Please remove it.

Posted by the real bebe on January 29, 2009, 07:38 AM report to moderator
lynn

Why are there any comments about what scene it is? It sounds like this man is seriously injured and has been taken to a top notch hospital dealing with spinal cord injuries ( thank you to those gave that update). I would hope all the comments would be genuine wishes for his recovery, not self serving tasteless speculation about the scene!

Posted by lynn on January 29, 2009, 07:42 AM report to moderator
matea

thats bad. get well soon!

Posted by matea on January 29, 2009, 07:43 AM report to moderator
Dee

oh poor thing, hope he is ok!! but WHOA!! I didn’t even know and they are already started filming and stuff!! That means they must plan on releasing it in november like they planned, hope they won’t move it again because of the New Moon movie which is planned to be released at about the same time, that would make me really, to use a mild expression, upset!!

Posted by Dee on January 29, 2009, 07:45 AM report to moderator
H

Ah no! I hope he’s alright. It’s still so early in the process of making that movie. I don’t think speculating on the scene is insensitive, it just gives an idea of why a man was injured in an explosion while flying. That’s not your common injury.

Posted by H on January 29, 2009, 08:14 AM report to moderator
Carol Carvalho

OMG! That is terrible!… I hate to hear this… I really hope it is not as serious as it sounds!…. Let’s all hope this guys comes out of it being fine!……
How could they allow something like that to happen!??? Shame on them…. seriously…….

Posted by Carol Carvalho on January 29, 2009, 08:41 AM report to moderator
tim_

I hope he is all right and has a quick recovery. Our best wished from Leaky!

And of course I hope the stunt team will be more carefull if this is filmed again with him or other stunt memeber or Daniel. I wonder how many of these accidents have hapened before that we have never get to hear about.

Posted by tim_ on January 29, 2009, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Madeline

Wow, I hope he is able to make a full recovery. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his loved ones. Hopefully they will use this, a serious accident on set for a big-name movie, as a way to give more attention to potential hazards on sets and make them afer for everyone. I like to believe good can come out of bad accidents like this. I hope that they are able to figure out how this happened. I agree with people above who said they should put filming on hold until they figure out why this happened.

Posted by Madeline on January 29, 2009, 09:03 AM report to moderator

"I am not going to come quietly at all, Cornelius. I have absolutely no intention of being sent to Azkaban. I could break out, of course -- but what a waste of time, and frankly, I can think of a whole host of things I would rather be doing."