Updated: Family of Injured Stuntman on Potter Films Issues Statement

HBP Film
January 30, 2009, 09:16 AM

Update: Through representatives, Daniel Radcliffe has asked that everyone note that his comments will remain private between himself and the stunt man.

The family of the stuntman who was seriously injured recently on the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has now issued a statement. UK Channel 4 reports that the family of 25 year old David Holmes has issued the following:

"We would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. We are trusting in the expertise of the medical staff who are caring for David and would ask the media to please respect the privacy of our family while we concentrate on helping each other through this difficult time."

The accident occurred earlier this week at Leavesden Studios in London, England where prep work is underway for main photography on the two part Deathly Hallows films which is due to begin on February 15. The stuntman, a long time double for actor Dan Radcliffe in his role as Harry Potter, fell while testing an aerial stunt, injuring his back upon landing on the ground. Dan Radcliffe was not present, as he is still in New York completing his final days in the Broadway production of Equus.

The Mirror  also cites a friend of the injured man as saying:

“They are hoping he will make a full recovery. But it was a nasty injury and it might be some time before they know exactly what they are dealing with.

“He is hoping he hasn’t suffered any really serious permanent damage. He has worked in the film industry long enough to know it can be dangerous. And no matter what precautions are taken, performing stunts always carries a risk. But he has always loved his work and he will be hoping this isn’t the end of his career.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

C_01_thumb

I hope he makes a full recovery. It makes me sick to hear about the false “news” reports. I hate Rag Mags.

Posted by Rose on January 30, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

I wish him a swift and full recovery. Dan will be upset for him.

Posted by Graymayne on January 30, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
1583_10200139037625374_1819296304_n_thumb

I hope he gets better soon.

Posted by Alex Robbin on January 30, 2009, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Acciobooks_thumb

I really hope he’s ok! Hopefully it was just the shock that made him not feel his legs.

Posted by potterhead23 on January 30, 2009, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Mefleming_thumb

It’s easy to take for granted what hard and sometimes dangerous work it is to make these movies we so look forward to seeing. This tragedy serves as a reminder to all of us to treasure the time we have (and keep those who are struggling to get back to full strength in our thoughts and prayers.) Godspeed and a full recovery!

Posted by NDduLac [Dodo] on January 30, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Paper_towns__thumb

My thoughts are with him and his family right now. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Posted by LunaLovesPudding on January 30, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Cool_thumb

I wish him a very speedy and full recovery. If only magic was real and we could just say an incantation to fix everything…

Posted by weB3now on January 30, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

My prayers with David and his family and I do hope that this will not be a lasting injury for him. Keep your spirits high David because we are all with you in spirit!

ei/vega—I think that is an awesome idea and I am sure that Melissa and all the folks at Leaky will come up with something spectacular.

Posted by beewell on January 30, 2009, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

I really hope he’s okay. Also, a Get Well Soon card’s a good idea!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on January 30, 2009, 09:52 PM report to moderator
Tat_thumb

I really hope all turns out well, for him…..I was slightly shocked to hear this happen….Get well soon!

Posted by Cigaro on January 30, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
2009-01-30-67178_thumb

I’ll keep him and his family in my prayers.

Posted by BrianaTheBard [FTC!] on January 30, 2009, 10:44 PM report to moderator

hoping everything turns out ok!!!

Posted by padfoot84sb on January 30, 2009, 10:47 PM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on January 30, 2009, 11:10 PM report to moderator
Mcgonagall_irked_thumb

What – nobody is wondering what SCENE he got injured in anymore?

GOOD. That’s as it should be.

Posted by Marcheline on January 31, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator

Oh, I hope he gets better soon and recovers completely.

Posted by Lily_Severus on January 31, 2009, 12:47 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I hope you told them to dress properly, these people," he snarled at once. "I've seen the sort of stuff your lot wear. They'd better have the decency to put on normal clothes, that's all."