Tom Felton Visits Future Home of "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" at Universal Orlando

Felton
January 04, 2009, 01:13 PM

Actor Tom Felton paid a visit to the future home of "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" theme park attraction during a trip to Universal Orlando, Florida. Thanks to Universal for letting us know about new photos of the Draco Malfoy actor at the park, including this one of Tom checking out the Ministry of Magic signs, heralding the construction of the park (smaller photo available here).

Not certain if Draco would take this on (given his bad interaction with Buckbeak) but a second photo shows Tom Felton and girlfriend Jade enjoying the Dueling Dragons ride.

On a related note, be sure to check out these fantastic new aerial photos of the ongoing work courtesy the Themepark guy, thanks so much Stefan! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is currently under construction in Florida as part of the Universal Theme park complex, and will be opened to the public sometime in 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Arlo

Wow-We were there new years day!! i have the same pix of me in front of the signs, and the hp shields and the coming soon signs… Couldn’t see much else though. My hubby stuck his phone thru a hole in the wall and took a great picture of a mound of dirt! We joked that it was the castle with muggle repelling charms;-)
Over all though we found Universal and IoA a bit disappointing. maybe because it was too cold to do the water rides and very crowded. Too bad we missed Tom- probably wouldn’t have recognized him anyway!!!

Posted by Arlo on January 04, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Manda

Tom looks really skinny in the rollercoaster pic….Mrs Weasley would be horrified and demand he eat 10 helpings of everything!!

Posted by Manda on January 04, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Louise

wow, Manda you’re so right! He looks unbelievably skinny, I wish Mrs Weasley would go and sort him out =]

Posted by Louise on January 04, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
LemonFaerie

It all looks a lot more “roller-coastery-y” than I was imagining, I can’t wait to really see the HP touches and not so much the “theme park” stuff.

Posted by LemonFaerie on January 04, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Lorelai

Wow this is realy making me excited! I love seeing new pictures.
And about this comment…
" Wizarding World of HP….strange name when Harry himself proved he isn’t a wizard at the end of Hallows."…….I’m confused too… I’m sorry but I was under the impression that the Harry Potter books were about Harry Potter a boy WIZARD?! Am I right? :)

Posted by Lorelai on January 04, 2009, 05:31 PM report to moderator
ScottMan

Yeah he looks very thin, and his hair is receding. Now all us adoring fans shall worry about him….

Posted by ScottMan on January 04, 2009, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Chelsea

He has a very unfortunate face….

Posted by Chelsea on January 04, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
odile

Awwww, I love his big smile! _

Posted by odile on January 04, 2009, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Miia

I guess Tom didn’t get the good luck of Dan on the growing up on looks part, Tom looks really bad (ugly!) but like I said before not all teenages are as lucky as Dan.

Posted by Miia on January 04, 2009, 08:21 PM report to moderator
Mary

“as lucky as Dan”?? umm most people wouldn’t really agree with that.

Posted by Mary on January 04, 2009, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Miia

sorry Mary, but most people agree with me…so many polls stating how hot he is is not just my opinion but the press and most fans and none fans!

Posted by Miia on January 04, 2009, 09:35 PM report to moderator
anonymous

Oh my goodness, when I read all the comments about how bad Tom looked I thought, “maybe we’re just used to movie makeup”, which is fairly intense, by the way. But he looks down right sick.

The shots of him on the coaster, he’s skin and bone! I hope he’s doing all right, maybe it was just a rough plane ride.

Posted by anonymous on January 04, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Christina Marie

Yeah, he looks pretty bad. He has a receding hairline… You can already see it. But I still love him! Haha

Posted by Christina Marie on January 04, 2009, 10:17 PM report to moderator
Jenny

“but most people agree with me…so many polls stating how hot he is is not just my opinion but the press and most fans and none fans!”

I think you’ll find that a lot more people than you’d expect think DanRad looked better when he was younger. The only people who vote in those polls are the scary rabid fangirls…so I don’t think you should cite them as a credible source.

As for Tom…I think he looks fine…other than being a little skinner than I’d expect. Give that boy some Haagen Dazs.

Posted by Jenny on January 04, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Chloe

COOL! I’m sooo going there!

Posted by Chloe on January 04, 2009, 11:40 PM report to moderator

Aunt Petunia's masterpiece of a pudding, the mountain of cream and sugared violets, was floating up near the ceiling. On top of a cupboard in the corner crouched Dobby.[br]"No," croaked Harry. "Please... they'll kill me...."