New Concept Art including Dumbledore's Funeral for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Movie Art
October 01, 2009, 12:42 PM

Artist Adam Brockbank has updated his website again with some truly stunning concept art he did for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Most notable and perhaps most moving, is this lovely and sad piece depicting the funeral for the late great Professor Albus Dumbledore. Fans will recall of course, this scene was not in the film alas.  Other work of note include this sketch of Argus Filch, secrecy sensor in hand as well as the Gnome atop the Christmas Tree at the Burrow and  the stuffed armchair o' Slughorn. Most striking (caution to parents of younger children!) are these of the Inferi one and two, and the cave scene, with the rest available here.

Thanks much to Christian from Harry Potter Xperts de for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movie Art News

Harry_snl_thumb

Wow – amazing artwork! I love them all! WOOT.

oh, my heart. that funeral one made me sad – it’s so beautiful. if this sorta scene was in the film – oh how i’d wish it were – i’d have no tears left.

Posted by iLoveNeville on October 03, 2009, 02:30 AM report to moderator
Images_16-29-36_thumb

inferi dang creepy…

Posted by gemini_black on October 03, 2009, 03:33 AM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

the funeral pic is nothing like I imagined it, but still very beautifull. It looks very pagen and natural in those surroundings (the death bed is kinda like stone henge)

Posted by pinkmoosely on October 03, 2009, 04:52 AM report to moderator
Zzz_thumb

Those pictures are amazing. :D I love Dumbledore’s funeral and the two inferi next to each other! Wonderful works of art.

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on October 03, 2009, 07:24 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

WOW
I love the inferi he did hagrid REALLY well :]

Posted by IloveDobby on October 03, 2009, 08:18 AM report to moderator

Something the many pieces of concept art can tell us is just how many scenes were originally conceived or at least considered early on in the process of creating each film. Going back into the other films we can see The Ballerina Troll Tapestry, St. Mungo’s, The Giant Squid, The Checking of Wands at the Ministry, Gnomes, the Death Day Party. Oh my, it’s like fantastic fan art. <3

Posted by Clabwag. on October 03, 2009, 09:56 AM report to moderator

inferi very haunting…

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on October 03, 2009, 10:21 AM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

I love the Dumbledore’s funeral pic!! It’s so sweet and sad and amazing!

Posted by kayzz on October 03, 2009, 11:27 AM report to moderator
M005_edited-1_thumb

Very beautiful pictures. The one with the funeral was… sobs… sad. :’(

Posted by ginevrapotter07 on October 04, 2009, 01:09 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

The inferi should have been more scary in the movie.

Posted by The Half-Blood Princess on October 04, 2009, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Hpv16_thumb

These are amazing. The inferi are waayyy scary and the funeral… so so sad. I love his concept art. Why did they change the inferi?? Why no funeral?? And what’s with the trolls in tutu’s??

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on October 04, 2009, 10:50 AM report to moderator

This looks amazing…

Posted by on October 04, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

beautiful pictures

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on October 04, 2009, 02:17 PM report to moderator
1204091927_thumb

these paintings are amazing !

The one at the funeral is breathtakingly beautiful & emotional :’)

Posted by Heroine Luna on October 05, 2009, 06:21 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I'll look for [Kreacher] later, I expect I'll find him upstairs crying his eyes out over my mother's old bloomers or something... Of course, he might have crawled into the airing cupboard and died... But I mustn't get my hopes up..."[br]Fred, George, and