Warwick Davis On New Look Flitwick for the Harry Potter Films

Davis
October 11, 2009, 11:40 AM

For the over 15,000 of us who follow actor Warwick Davis on his official Twitter, we gained some insight on the change in appearance his character of Professor Flitwick has experienced during the course of the Harry Potter series. While we have heard some of this previous, Warwick Davis offered the following in a series of tweets this morning:
.So many of you have asked me the 'New look Flitwick' question, so I will answer it here, once and for all. When it came time to shoot 'Azkaban', there was no mention of 'Flitwick'' in the script. However, the producer still wanted me to be in the movie so he asked if I would play the role of 'Choir Master'. Of course, I said 'yes'. When it came time to shoot 'Goblet of Fire' the director, Michael Newell said he liked the look of the choir master, and from that moment, the character became known as 'Flitwick'.And that's all there is to it. Not that interesting really, is it? Let's have a quick show of Tweets - Old 'Flitwick' or New 'Flitwick''?

What say you? Feel free to weigh in the comments below. As a reminder too that as we first posted last month, fans will see a deleted scene with Flitwick and the choir on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD.  Warwick Davis will be see in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movies as both "Flitwick" and "Griphook," and will be filming his role in the very near days.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Davis News

the old flitwick looked more like the flitwick in the book, but i also like the new look

Posted by MadisonMalfoy on October 11, 2009, 02:06 PM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

I prefer old look….. :)

Posted by Petra on October 11, 2009, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I always imagine him somewhere in between the old one and the new one. The old one, like JKR said, is a bit too gobliny, while the new one is just too young. : ]

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on October 11, 2009, 02:53 PM report to moderator

My vote is for the first Flitwick we were introduced to in SS. That is pretty much how my mental picture of him was when reading the books.

Posted by hewy on October 11, 2009, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Old Flitwick deifinitely!!!

Posted by HP*JOSIAH*HP on October 11, 2009, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Iconator_13ed55b9bdf2f32cacc4a15092f06e7e_thumb

I like the way we first saw Flitwick, but as someone said above, Jo didnt! So the new look is probably more what see envisioned and most likely influenced Mike Newell also, even though no one has said that for certain.

Posted by teleaht on October 11, 2009, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Old Flitwick!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on October 11, 2009, 03:50 PM report to moderator

I like the way “Old Flitwick” looked better, but I also really like that “New Flitwick” is choir master! XD

Posted by Sarah on October 11, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

As much as I have enjoyed his brief cameo appearances as the choir master, I do wish the films would dedicate somewhat more attention to this splendid character played by such a talented actor.

Posted by Kirk on October 11, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i agree that the flitwick in 1&2 looked like dumbledore in a smaller version, I definately like the new choir director flitwick, he is a lot like i thought he would look like and yay for warwick davis being able to play griphook and continue playing prof. flitwick =]

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on October 11, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I understand that if they didn’t want Flitwick in the third movie so they made him the choir master…. but then to just say that that’s the new look for flitwick is stupid. I like the old Flitwick better just because that’s how they inrtoduced him to us in the movies. To have that big of a change for his look was just odd. But I’m not that picky really on how he looks in the end.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on October 11, 2009, 07:18 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

oh well. i kinda like both.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on October 11, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I thought the change was a distraction from the plot of the movie.

Posted by Girlraven1 on October 11, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
27577_1__thumb

flitwicks birthday is in a few days!

Posted by Rowling Stones on October 11, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Funny-pictures-orange-weasly-cats-1_thumb

I like the old one, i guess, with the new one, in the 6th movie, when Harry and Luna got off the train they say something to him and call him Professor Flitwick, I thought, who are they talking about? obviously I knew they were talking to him but I didn’t realize that was the new Flitwick. I just always imagined him as this little wizard with white hair and stuff, and it’s like he’s aged backwards or something.

Posted by Lions4thecup on October 11, 2009, 09:01 PM report to moderator

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. Every single wand. It so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather is in your wand, gave another feather -- just one other. It is very curious indeed that you should be destined for this wand when its b

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014