Warwick Davis On New Look Flitwick for the Harry Potter Films

Davis
October 11, 2009, 11:40 AM

For the over 15,000 of us who follow actor Warwick Davis on his official Twitter, we gained some insight on the change in appearance his character of Professor Flitwick has experienced during the course of the Harry Potter series. While we have heard some of this previous, Warwick Davis offered the following in a series of tweets this morning:
.So many of you have asked me the 'New look Flitwick' question, so I will answer it here, once and for all. When it came time to shoot 'Azkaban', there was no mention of 'Flitwick'' in the script. However, the producer still wanted me to be in the movie so he asked if I would play the role of 'Choir Master'. Of course, I said 'yes'. When it came time to shoot 'Goblet of Fire' the director, Michael Newell said he liked the look of the choir master, and from that moment, the character became known as 'Flitwick'.And that's all there is to it. Not that interesting really, is it? Let's have a quick show of Tweets - Old 'Flitwick' or New 'Flitwick''?

What say you? Feel free to weigh in the comments below. As a reminder too that as we first posted last month, fans will see a deleted scene with Flitwick and the choir on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD.  Warwick Davis will be see in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movies as both "Flitwick" and "Griphook," and will be filming his role in the very near days.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Davis News

Greathornedowl_thumb

I like the new Flitwick because the old one looked too “goblin-y,” but I do wish they had made him old like in the books.

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on October 12, 2009, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

hmm. I think the New Flitwick isn’t quite old enough, but I do like his sense of humor (in OotP).

Posted by izziewitch on October 12, 2009, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

Oh! and I forgot to mention he is lovely on Twitter :) especialy with his shortened segway (his egway) Hahaha :)

Posted by pinkmoosely on October 12, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator

Neither look was how I imagined him… but I would chose the Flitwick from PS/SS and CoS… he looks more friendly, spunky and creative- like a charms professor (even though he became a choir master then back to Flitwick- he’s not Benjamin Button)

Posted by hermione06 on October 12, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

I guess I never mind it no mind. Either one doesn’t bother me.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on October 12, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

New Flitwick is much better IMO. I’m interested to see he’s going to be Griphook too, that’ll be something to look out for. The characters are sooo different xD

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on October 12, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

I like the old Flitwick too. Not that I don’t like the new image of Flitwick, but it had confused me why they had changed it.. I didn’t know it was because they liked his appearance as a choir master. That one was really good, but somehow I got attached to the old Flitwick..

Actually..you know, it doesn’t matter.. as long as the actor does his job well and the films are good, I don’t mind all that much. It’s not like they’d be changing Harry. That would be a very different matter!!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on October 12, 2009, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

I have to admit it was rather odd seeing him called “Flitwick” in the sixth movie. Until then, it was so up in the air who he really was. But I prefer the new look. The old one was more interesting, but it’s nice to see Davis play someone more human. :)

Posted by ScottMan on October 12, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

It was a confusing change but i think i like the ‘new’ Flitwick better aswell. Like JKR said, he was just a little man so i think Mike Newell made a good decision keeping him as the new choir teacher look. But it’s nice to have it all cleared up finally :)

Posted by Sigourney♥ on October 12, 2009, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Tumblr

I can do with both new and old, I think.

Posted by Newt Cauldron on October 12, 2009, 10:52 PM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

I prefer the choir director Flitwick.

Posted by Jane_Potter on October 13, 2009, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Blackrosethumb_thumb

I’d also heard that old Flitwick was not what Rowling envisioned, so I’ll stick with new Flitwick.

Posted by darkk_rose on October 13, 2009, 12:45 AM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

OLD FLITWICK

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on October 13, 2009, 02:23 AM report to moderator
Avpmtexic35_thumb

I actually really like the new Flitwick choir director, he’s just so fun and original. sure the old one is more like the books but the new one’s just jazzin up the series.
Can someone explain to me exactly what Twitter is…I’m kinda confused?

Posted by Forever Weasleys ROAR!! on October 13, 2009, 03:48 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i like flitwick 2 better, he isnt such a mini dumbledore haha…

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on October 13, 2009, 05:50 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I don't know where you learned about right and wrong, Mundungus, but you seem to have missed a few crucial lessons," said Mrs. Weasley coldly.