Robbie Coltrane Prepares to Film as Hagrid for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Coltrane
October 12, 2009, 08:04 PM

As many of the adult cast are returning to film their parts for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, there are new comments from Robbie Coltrane who portrays Hagrid. Set to film for the final time in his role as the beloved groundskeeper of Hogwarts, Robbie Coltrane speaks to the thought of completing the series, and notes "I think the last few days are gonna be quite tough," the actor told the Radio Times. "It's funny; I was talking to a few of the adults (on set) about this. And we were all going - 'Yeah, it's gonna be tough on the kids ...' Then eventually we were all, to a man and woman, saying: 'Yeah, it's gonna be pretty tough for me too ...' "  One thing he will not miss however, is wearing the giant sized bear he sports in each of the movies, and says "It's all horrible. But at the end of the day, they take it off and then two girls come down to my trailer with a pot of hot oil - really - they dissolve the beard, rub my face with oil, then rub it down with hot face cloths." Update: Thanks much to TLC reader Roonwit, we can now see the entire Radio Times article here in our galleries.

Earlier this week there was another interview with actor in the Daily Record, who elaborated on completing Potter stating "I regret the ending of Harry Potter for the obvious reasons of saying goodbye to a bunch of people with whom I've become very friendly over the years, but also because I will be giving up a regular income.You don't get too much of that in the world of acting."

The 59-year-old is equally worried for his young Potter co-stars. Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grinch [sic], as well as a host of other actors, have grown up on the sets of the film adaptations of JK Rowlings books.Rutherglen-born Robbie says: "For them the conclusion of the films will be like leaving school, saying goodbye to friends and going out into the big, wide world. "It's a huge step and it wouldn't be surprising if some of them, at least, felt nervous about making it."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Coltrane News

Imgres_1__thumb

third haha

its so sad.. coltraine is so kind and understanding for dan, rupert, and emma

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on October 12, 2009, 08:16 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I still can’t believe that its getting closer to the end of it all… :( But at least the fandom will live on! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on October 12, 2009, 08:41 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I don’t want this to end, it’ll be so crap when the last one comes out. And ha Rupert Grinch, oh Daily Record!

Posted by KiwiMcI on October 12, 2009, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

aw :[ a bit sad.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on October 12, 2009, 09:23 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

omg…this is to sad for me! it cant be ending, not this quickly, not so soon! at least we have the fandom, but what will the fandom thrive on…..JO WE NEED ANOTHER BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on October 12, 2009, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I am kind of shocked that he is completely gray. But I love Hagrid. I am excited to see him in this!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 12, 2009, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I love Hagrid and cannot wait to see him in the next movie!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 12, 2009, 09:56 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I cannot wait to see Hagrid!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 12, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Hp_pic_of_me_thumb

o.O the end….NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Posted by Ruby Hagrid {WBM} on October 12, 2009, 10:36 PM report to moderator

Posted by lizzylizace on October 12, 2009, 10:52 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am not looking forward to having these films end either.

Posted by Kirk on October 13, 2009, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Nice thoughts from Robbie. I’m confident that at least Emma (amongst the young actors) is building a bona fide life outside of the HP movies by going away to college. She’s busy taking classes and fitting in and all the usual college stuff, so she has already begun to create a new world and identity for herself. Good for her!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on October 13, 2009, 12:25 AM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

That was a really good article. And sad. Argh! The end is actually coming. I’m certain I’ll write this like a hundred times before the actual movies come out ..

Posted by Lisbry on October 13, 2009, 01:39 AM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

Posted by Lisbry on October 13, 2009, 01:39 AM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

Posted by Lisbry on October 13, 2009, 01:40 AM report to moderator

"Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them. Even Muggles feel their presence, though they ca