Robbie Coltrane Prepares to Film as Hagrid for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Coltrane
October 12, 2009, 08:04 PM

As many of the adult cast are returning to film their parts for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, there are new comments from Robbie Coltrane who portrays Hagrid. Set to film for the final time in his role as the beloved groundskeeper of Hogwarts, Robbie Coltrane speaks to the thought of completing the series, and notes "I think the last few days are gonna be quite tough," the actor told the Radio Times. "It's funny; I was talking to a few of the adults (on set) about this. And we were all going - 'Yeah, it's gonna be tough on the kids ...' Then eventually we were all, to a man and woman, saying: 'Yeah, it's gonna be pretty tough for me too ...' "  One thing he will not miss however, is wearing the giant sized bear he sports in each of the movies, and says "It's all horrible. But at the end of the day, they take it off and then two girls come down to my trailer with a pot of hot oil - really - they dissolve the beard, rub my face with oil, then rub it down with hot face cloths." Update: Thanks much to TLC reader Roonwit, we can now see the entire Radio Times article here in our galleries.

Earlier this week there was another interview with actor in the Daily Record, who elaborated on completing Potter stating "I regret the ending of Harry Potter for the obvious reasons of saying goodbye to a bunch of people with whom I've become very friendly over the years, but also because I will be giving up a regular income.You don't get too much of that in the world of acting."

The 59-year-old is equally worried for his young Potter co-stars. Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grinch [sic], as well as a host of other actors, have grown up on the sets of the film adaptations of JK Rowlings books.Rutherglen-born Robbie says: "For them the conclusion of the films will be like leaving school, saying goodbye to friends and going out into the big, wide world. "It's a huge step and it wouldn't be surprising if some of them, at least, felt nervous about making it."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Coltrane News

Harry_potter_characters_thumb

i cannot believe that this is officially the end!!! at least when the last book came out (which was heart-breaking enough) we had the rest of the movies to look forward to but now it’s like r gonna be so empty! :(

Posted by olivia_weasley_232 {*ROAR*} on October 14, 2009, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_characters_thumb

Posted by olivia_weasley_232 {*ROAR*} on October 14, 2009, 09:13 AM report to moderator

The ending of Harry Potter series…is not something I really wish to think about.
Watching the movies is like slipping into a comfortable pair of slippers. (even though to much is missing)
Reading the books is even better than a comfortable pair of slippers. It’s like a warm, loving hug from your best friend on a bleak day, that just envelopes you in feel good vibes.
I adore Robbie, think he’s great. Loved him as Hagrid.

Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on October 14, 2009, 09:56 AM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

It will be a sad day on the set when they say “that’s a rap” sad, sad, sad. Prof. Knight has a good idea. They should quietly film the goodbye’s. That would be a fitting ending to the fans that started from the beginning. OMG, what are we going to do?

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on October 14, 2009, 10:38 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Robbie shows himself to be a caring person as well as a good actor! I loved the typo about the bear instead of the beard!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on October 14, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator

I’m even sad about it…and I have nothing to do with the films except for the fact that I am the biggest fan of the series the movies are based off of. But someone was saying how they wished Jo Rowling would write another book…I don’t want that to happen, even though I want to know how my favorite characters turn out. Isn’t it better to think that that’s it? That there’s no more issues? I think so.

Posted by Hope on October 14, 2009, 12:00 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

Hagger!!! is back

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on October 14, 2009, 12:28 PM report to moderator
962de616e8551dba_thumb

its never gonna be over..as long as i live, Harry and all his friends live in my heart.

Posted by Mlahpdr on October 14, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Robbie is an awesome Hagrid. Aww it makes me sad to think about his scene with the “dead” Harry.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 14, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

We love you Robbie

Posted by Girlraven1 on October 14, 2009, 08:11 PM report to moderator

What will I do when it ends?/!!!

Posted by Hermionerules!1844 on October 14, 2009, 09:12 PM report to moderator

Wow! I’ve never seen him not-looking like hagrid before!

Posted by SharonE on October 14, 2009, 10:42 PM report to moderator

I hope all the actors and actresses in HP will remain successful, and if they choose to remain in the world of movies, may they always have a good one to star in.
damn sad HP is drawing to a close.

Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on October 15, 2009, 02:01 AM report to moderator
Thumb_dh_unofficialstills_harry_ron_hermione_012_thumb

Maybe WB will start a series of Life After Hogwarts films. There’s 19 years from the end of DH and the epilogue.

Posted by dreampotter [ROAR!] on October 15, 2009, 04:24 AM report to moderator

It’s almost in the end =/ but never in our hearts! =)

Posted by humbert0 on October 15, 2009, 07:50 AM report to moderator

Harry's other presents were much more satisfactory than Dobby's odd socks -- with the obvious exception of the Dursleys', which consisted of a single tissue, an all-time low -- Harry supposed they too were remembering the Ton-Tongue Toffee.