First Footage of "Deathly Hallows" to be Included on "Half-Blood Prince" Special Edition, Blu-Ray DVDs

DH Film
October 13, 2009, 07:38 PM

Some exciting news tonight as their is word that official footage from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movies will indeed be included on the special edition version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD. First rumored here on TLC back in June, we can now see in the form of the back cover of the Special Edition DVD which will be released here in the US on December 8th. We do not know if this will be a trailer, or "sneak peek" like we saw with Half-Blood Prince on the OoTP DVD or what this may entail-stay tuned! Update: Thanks to WB we can confirm too that the DH footage will be on the Blu-Ray DVD as well as witnessed in new ad for all the upcoming DVDs, which you can see here in our Image Galleries.

Thanks Matt via DVD Empire!

On a related note, as reported several times previously, pre-orders for Half-Blood Prince including this Special Edition DVD are indeed available on Amazon.com and more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

first! Anyways. I can’t wait! It’s going to bloody brilliant

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on October 13, 2009, 07:44 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

OMG!! This is AWESOME!! I’m going to lose my mind when I see that!!!!

Posted by cghambright on October 13, 2009, 07:44 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

All the special features sound great!! I can’t wait to see the “What’s On Your Mind” feature and the footage from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. And I’m still SO excited they’re putting the JKR documentary on here!

Posted by cghambright on October 13, 2009, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Khephran_thumb

I think they are releasing it so that they can show the trailers with Sherlock Holmes

Posted by Khephran on October 13, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

GASP so soon. Oh my God Oh my God ah I’m not ready for this! I don’t have a choice AHHHH!

Posted by KiwiMcI on October 13, 2009, 08:13 PM report to moderator
Leakycauldronicon_thumb

Yaaay, how awesome is that?!! I"m super excited.

Posted by mistressquill on October 13, 2009, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

OMG!!!! Someone please start my heart beating again… THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!

Posted by Dobby fan on October 13, 2009, 09:23 PM report to moderator

also if you look closely you can see that the digital copy is compatible with itunes this time! This is going to be the absoluetly best HP dvd ever.

Posted by no1hpfan on October 13, 2009, 09:27 PM report to moderator
Iconator_4a84e48cd91bc7150c419e167949a783_thumb

i am beyond excited. can’t wait for Dec. 8th!

Posted by cosmo409 on October 13, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I absolutely cannot wait for the DVD now and do hope that this media more than delights Harry Potter fans everywhere! Our thirst will hopefully be satiated…to an extent.

Posted by Kirk on October 13, 2009, 10:22 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

I am so excited right now! Now I definitely can’t wait to buy this Special Edition DVD! Dec 8th can’t come soon enough!

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on October 13, 2009, 11:13 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

Are you serious!!!!!!!! This is insane!!! When is the special release due to come out??? I need it, darn it!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 14, 2009, 02:37 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I need to have this now. When is the special edition coming out?

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 14, 2009, 02:40 AM report to moderator

oh wow have to get that!!

Posted by Freya-Storm on October 14, 2009, 04:57 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

Ugh… December 7 just can’t come fast enough… grrr…

Posted by accioangela on October 14, 2009, 05:57 AM report to moderator

"[Lockhart] hasn't got a clue who he is, or where he is, or who we are... He's a danger to himself."[br]Lockhart peered good-naturedly up at them all.[br]"Hello," he said. "Odd sort of place, this, isn't it? Do you live here?"[br]"No," said Ron, raising h