John Williams to Lead CSO in Performance of Harry Potter Music Next Month

Music
October 24, 2009, 09:34 PM

Attention music fans! The Chicago Symphony Orchestra will be hosting a special music event this Thanksgiving weekend as they present a John Williams Movie Music Spectacular. The legendary composer will be leading the Chicago Symphony Orchestra as they perform a grand suite of some of his wonderful music heard in the Harry Potter films. An additional treat is in store as there will also be a tribute to the films of David Lean, with a performance of what is regarded as some of the most memorable music written for film, including Blithe Spirit, The Bridge on the River Kwai, A Passage to India, Oliver Twist, Dr. Zhivago and Lawrence of Arabia. There will be two performances over the holiday weekend, one Saturday, November 28th at 8:00 pm  and then again Sunday, November 29th at 3:00 pm, with tickets now available at this link.
Thanks much Phoenix!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

Just got tickets. I’m so stoked that I live just outside Chicago. First the exhibit coming to us first, now this. Amazing

Posted by The Nightwatchman on October 24, 2009, 11:32 PM report to moderator
Leaky3_thumb

OMG i wish I could go. I love classical music, it’s one of my many outlets. That’s so amazing. I find it a bit of a short notice but I guess there is plenty of time for people to plan and move their schedules around. Someone please create a blog or something to let us know how it was!

Ron1_thumb

I agree Phoenix1946. I hope he’s coming back for DH!

Posted by Christine on October 24, 2009, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Phoenix1946, I hope he just picks a random place in the world for his next venue. Then he might be closer to me.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on October 25, 2009, 05:37 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

John Williams is an amazing composer!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 25, 2009, 06:52 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

John Williams is amazing!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 25, 2009, 07:03 AM report to moderator
Ikonka2_thumb

John Williams is a legendary composer. I love his music. But I am afraid, that for Deathly Hallows he may not be able to compose original music.

Posted by SohajFawkes on October 25, 2009, 08:13 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

thats relly cool

Posted by alicia00 on October 25, 2009, 09:45 AM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

Hopefully they will turn this into an album, so that all those of us so far away can get to hear it!

Posted by madcap magician {ROAR!} on October 25, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator

Agree with SohajFawkes; Williams, particularly after Doyle and Hooper’s exceptional contributions, is simply not subtle, nuanced, original, or sophisticated enough to compose a score suitable for Deathly Hallows. It will end up sounding like all Hollywood-Speilberg films made for teenagers. HP deserves better and I hope Heyman, Barron, and Yates are brave enough to acknowledge it before it’s too late. Either that or that they demand a hell of a lot more of Williams than Spielberg ever did. What a ghastly way to end such a wonderful franchise, with a cheesy, hackneyed, ear-drum bashing, Hollywoodesque score. Sad.

Posted by rotfang07 on October 25, 2009, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Picture_324_thumb

John Williams is amazing. Wish I could go!

Posted by Scribbled [WBM] on October 25, 2009, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wish that I could attend but believe that I already have other plans arranged for the holiday! Nevertheless, I hope everyone going has a marvelous time.

Posted by Kirk on October 25, 2009, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

John Williams! Ah, bless him. :)

Posted by accioangela on October 25, 2009, 02:40 PM report to moderator

I wish I could go see it! :( I also hope he decides to compose for DH!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on October 25, 2009, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I AM SOOOOOOO GOING TO THIS (sorry for yelling) i am just soooooooo excited!

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on October 25, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"How come you're not at the feast?" Harry asked.[br]"Well, I've lost most of my possessions," said Luna serenely. "People take them and hide them, you know. But as it's the last night, I really do need them back, so I've been putting up signs."