New Books for Harry Potter Book Club, Jo's Book Nook

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Edward
October 04, 2009, 11:53 PM

Both of our Leaky Lounge based Book Clubs have opened up readings for the month of October.  First, our Harry Potter Book Club is tackling the stories in The Tales of Beedle the Bard.  These five stories will be examined individually and as a whole as those who join in this reading go through these tales together.  Our non-Harry Potter Book Club, Jo's Book Nook, has before it the novel Northanger Abbey.  Whether this is one of your favorite Jane Austen novels, or your first time reading the story, explore and appreciate this book in the welcoming environment of our book clubs.  Both of these communal book readings are open to all registered MyLeaky members and feature in-depth discussions each of these respective novels.  Join in now with your fellow Lounge members to take part in this most fun and thought-provoking reading group discussion.  Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

My friend has he Tales of Beedle the Bard. Such a great book.
I dont get book clubs though. :S

Posted by Rodinius Black on October 05, 2009, 05:13 AM report to moderator

By the way, I don’t have the english version of the books…. I wonder if there’s no problem…

Posted by humbert0 on October 05, 2009, 06:20 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

I LOVED THAT BOOK! partly cuz the main character has my name, and partly because Jane Austen IS AMAZING! its my favourite JA book!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on October 05, 2009, 07:35 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

I really need to start joining the book club.

Posted by Leeann on October 05, 2009, 07:42 AM report to moderator

I’ve hard Bettle for a while now

Posted by madman1277 on October 05, 2009, 08:20 AM report to moderator

I’ve had Bettle the Bard for a while

Posted by madman1277 on October 05, 2009, 08:21 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Two book clubs for my two most favourite authors!!!! This is great but….. I won’t join. I have read the books in greek….

Posted by Jane_Potter on October 05, 2009, 09:42 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

I love the Book Clubs. Humbert0 I would think it would be fine for you to join the Book Club, like it’s discussing themes and ideas within the story so I would guess that you could still participate just as well.
To whoever asked on the previous page about how to join, you just come join the discussion over at the Leaky Lounge. Unlike with the RGs where you have to be Sorted, for the Book Clubs you can just join in, you dont have to register or anything.
It’s always fun discussing books :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on October 05, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

I don’t get book clubs ..
You read a book and talk about it after or what?

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on October 05, 2009, 03:02 PM report to moderator
Image

I don’t have the tales the beetle the bard! :( Need to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by magicmaniac on October 05, 2009, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Orderphoenix_thumb

Count me in for joining the Harry Potter Book club.

Posted by superman82 on October 05, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

i relly like the beatle and the bard i like all the stories there relly good

Posted by alicia00 on October 05, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator

I thought about joining a book club but I have too much to do already…Have fun…

Posted by on October 05, 2009, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_misc_001_thumb

I just joined the book club….but I’ll be honest, with as computer savvy as I am…I can’t get the hang of the forum, dang it! I just can’t seem to follow all the threads and subscriptions and blah, blah, blah. Maybe I’m just an idiot, but I’ll try anyway.

Posted by stenojoz on October 05, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator

The first task was drawing steadily nearer; he felt as though it were crouching ahead of him like some horrific monster, barring his path... Harry was finding it hard to think about the future at all; he felt as though his whole life had been leading up t

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014