Helen McCrory: WB is "letting out all the stops" with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
October 05, 2009, 06:41 AM

Exciting news today in the form of a new interview with actress Helen McCrory. Speaking to UK Rotten Tomatoes, the actress discusses her role as Narcissa Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, confirming the cast will be doing a read-through today of the script for Part Two, the bulk of which is due to begin filming this month.  She also says fans will be in for a treat with these final installments in the Harry Potter series, noting "her work on Deathly Hallows was going well and promised an epic finale for Potter fans. "It's got a full stop," she told us. "I think up to now, every director who has done a Harry Potter has had to do a dot-dot-dot. They know it's a sequel, they know there's another film coming out. But with this one, we can actually make everything have an epic ending. It's going to be final. And it's going to be huge. There doesn't have to be any more pauses or dot-dot-dots. So they're letting out all the stops with this one."

Helen McCrory also reflects on the ending of the story for the cast and crew, as well as for the characters in the series, notably Harry Potter.

"We finish in April and it does feel different on set actually," she explained. "Some people have been doing it for 10, 11 years. It's part of their lives. So although I've just joined them at the end, a lot of people have a huge emotional commitment to it. There are children that have grown up with the people on the set, like the directors and the costume designers backstage. It's a very big occasion for those people."

Despite the magical challenges faced by Harry and co. as Voldemort continues to gain power, McCrory thinks that what makes director David Yates' time on the series so special is his attention to the more human aspects of the franchise. "[Half-Blood Prince] was definitely filled with teenage angst, and you remember how violent teenage angst is. There's nothing romantic about it. You're thinking, Oh my God, what am I going to do for the rest of my life? You're starting to make decisions about the rest of your life. I think [David Yates] really summed that up in a very real way, and a very serious way.

"I think with these next two films, he's looking at this character becoming a man. And that again, is quite an epic story. That's Ulysses. Rites of passage. It's exactly what Noel Clarke did, in a way, with Kidulthood. We still watch those stories, whether they're set in Hogwarts or New Cross."

Thanks so much to Joe from Rotten Tomatoes UK!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

1st!!! xD

Posted by humbert0 on October 05, 2009, 06:42 AM report to moderator

Wow!!

This movie will be of the hook!!!!

Posted by humbert0 on October 05, 2009, 06:45 AM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Wooopings can’t wait for DH, both parts.
lol at thio! did make me laugh. Good points though, doesn’t seem to all fit in.

Posted by spiritbound on October 05, 2009, 07:18 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

weep, really im going to cry when its over….gsoh i cant even say ‘when its over’ with out flinching!!!!! its bitter sweet, cuz iver grown up with these movies, and i really want to see the last one but then again i dont want it to be….over…

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on October 05, 2009, 07:36 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Sounds great…..

Posted by Nicci Weasley on October 05, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Sounds awsome!! I can’t wait to see both the movies, but I don’t want it to be over.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 05, 2009, 08:58 AM report to moderator

I’m so excited!!!

Posted by angelvoice on October 05, 2009, 09:58 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesome! I’m so excited…. reading about all this filming stuff always gets me excited. :) lol

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on October 05, 2009, 10:09 AM report to moderator
2004_hp_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_012_thumb

Bring on DH! Hope we don’t have to wait too long to see it!

Posted by The Gryffindor Fox - ROAR! on October 05, 2009, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Patronus_part_2_004_thumb

I’m so excited for these movies, I know they are going to be amazing!

Posted by skiving snackboxes on October 05, 2009, 11:14 AM report to moderator

I’m so excited for Deathly Hallows!!!

Posted by on October 05, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator

omg I love this interview. She said a bunch of very interesting things.

They’re letting out all the stops. It’s going to be epic. It’s going to be huge

TY TY TY Helen..YOU MADE MY WEEK!!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on October 05, 2009, 11:39 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

sounds really good!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on October 05, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I cant wait (:
She says epic alot x]

Posted by IloveDobby on October 05, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

exciting!!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on October 05, 2009, 01:12 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"[Sirius] is here at my invitation," said Dumbledore, looking between them, "as are you, Severus. I trust you both. It is time for you to lay aside your old differences and trust each other."[br]Harry thought Dumbledore was asking for a near miracle. Siri