The Dark Lord Ascends: Ralph Fiennes Returns as Lord Voldemort for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
October 06, 2009, 04:14 PM

The Dark Lord ascends...There is some pretty cool news today delivered in the form of a Twitter update from actor Tom Felton: Ralph Fiennes is now back on set filming his memorable role as Lord Voldemort for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Tom wrote "had a great day at work! learning from the best, its an honour to work with Ralph Fiennes, he's so professional and talented."  Hear hear!

Actor Chris Rankin also announced via his official Twitter that for his role of Percy Weasley they "
start filming at the end of the month with what looks to be a week of night shoots..." UPDATE: Warwick Davis also announced via his Twitter he is back on set "Just spent the day at 'Hogwarts'. Nice to be back after my summer break. Saw some friends including @TomFelton - great guy!"  As we learned yesterday a table read of the script was held for Deathly Hallows, and as reported several times previously many many of the adult actors are due this month, among them Alan Rickman (Snape) and Jason Isaacs (Lucius) along with Helen McCrory (Narcissa) as well as the younger actors such as Devon Murray and more. Very exciting the next few months will be, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Well OF COURSE!!!

Capture10_thumb

YAY! he does Voldemort sooo well!!

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on October 06, 2009, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I’m predicting we see the first teaser in November. Maybe in front of Twilight. I know, I know… too early… but it wouldn’t surprise me. At the very least I expect we see the first WB approved images by then. Of course we waited forever for HBP stuff, so who knows.

Posted by mollywobble on October 06, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Posted by mollywobble on October 06, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator
L34def2bf0000_1_6442_normal_thumb

The Dark Lord at Malfoy’s Manor… the DH 1 is in the end?

It’s in some way possible to delay Snape’s death? I’m not prepare yet!!!

Posted by Rossonera on October 06, 2009, 06:45 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

these films have been uncommonly blessed by actors willing to reprise characters in every film, i mean where would we be without Warrick Davis or Dame Smith, let alone the big three, it has meant the films have had a continuity rare in film-making.

Posted by madcap magician {ROAR!} on October 06, 2009, 06:59 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

sweet all these awesome scenes are getting filmed! he’s to hoping they don’t get edited out!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on October 06, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

What I wouldn’t give to be a fly on the wall to watch them film. All these really great actors stayed on for all these years to finish what they started. I think that is very very admirable. That movie set must be over the top. It will be sad very sad when they have to take it all down. I would love to see it. The anticipation the waiting is all we have. I hope that the put in the very first part when Shape and Xavier appear and walk to the manor. Ok, Ok, Ok, I do not want them to leave anything out this time. I know, Wishful Thinking.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on October 06, 2009, 07:24 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I wonder what scene they filmed? I know there’s a scene in the book when Harry has one of his visions and it shows Voldemort making Draco torture Ollivander…maybe that’s what they filmed

Posted by cghambright on October 06, 2009, 07:39 PM report to moderator
\m/

HAIL THE DARK LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

…………v…..
…………|…..
…___….(..)…
./…..\___/…..
|.. _________..
.\ /………….\
..|..|X|..|X|..|
..|___../\..___|
…….|/_|…\.
……….\
___/..
………………. SLYTHERIN FTC!

Posted by HereticPrincess on October 06, 2009, 07:48 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesome! I can’t wait to see Rickman and Felton acting with Fiennes… it’s going to be EPIC! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on October 06, 2009, 07:52 PM report to moderator

Sweet. Can’t wait!

Posted by badger666 on October 06, 2009, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Picture_324_thumb

So, so excited! Especially to think that in DH, there will be a lot more scenes with just adult actors. Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes, Jason Isaacs… they’re so amazing!

And I can’t think of anyone else who could make a better Voldemort.

Posted by Scribbled [WBM] on October 06, 2009, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

Awesome news from Tom Felton! I think that Ralph Fiennes does a very good job with Voldemort!

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on October 06, 2009, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Yay! Ralph Finnes is such a great actor!!!!! He is gonna be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Alan Rickman is amazing as well.

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on October 06, 2009, 09:38 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"People expect you to have cooler friends than us," said Luna, once again displaying her knack for embarrassing honesty.[br]"You are cool," said Harry shortly. "None of them was at the Ministry. They didn't fight with me."[br]"That's a very nice thing to