Third Annual Quidditch World Cup Event Due this Month at Middlebury College

Fans
October 06, 2009, 04:56 PM

Calling all Quidditch fans. Great news today as the Third Annual Quidditch World Cup event is due to take place again on October 25th at Middlebury College in Vermont. According to the Facebook page for the event "26 teams from around the country and beyond will compete for the title in a field that includes Washington University, Oklahoma State, and the University of Texas. Tournament play will be double elimination on three fields across Battell Beach." The full list of teams competing will be released shortly. For more, be sure sure to check out this website, or follow all the action on their Twitter here. This event is always quite popular and we will update with more when we can!

Thanks to Emily and Trish for owling!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Hp_pic_of_me_thumb

awesome

Posted by Ruby Hagrid {WBM} on October 06, 2009, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Hermione_2b_thumb

That is so AWESOME!! I love it!!
I checked out the site and their calendar is still under construction, but if they play near me, I’m soooo gonna go!!! :)

Posted by Miss E.M. Foxxe on October 07, 2009, 01:22 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

wish we had one!!! that would be so cool!! but there doesn’t seem to be many avid fans like me here in good ole absolutely nothing to do Montana

Posted by samhinrichs678 (WBM) on October 07, 2009, 02:17 AM report to moderator

It looks fun and i can tell they all injoy playing.

Posted by HGROSS44 on October 07, 2009, 02:38 AM report to moderator

omg that is soo awesome!!! :D

Posted by flowerchild on October 07, 2009, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

How do you play Quidditch in real life?

Posted by accioangela on October 07, 2009, 05:46 AM report to moderator
M005_edited-1_thumb

eh? Quidditch? With brooms??? How do you do it? Haha, I wish I could watch… or be in one. Lol!:)

Posted by ginevrapotter07 on October 07, 2009, 06:09 AM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Awesome!
It’s almost like flying!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on October 07, 2009, 08:16 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

After reading more on the IQA site, I wonder if Quidditch will ever become a “professional” sport like baseball, football etc. It’s currently spread worldwide in colleges and high schools. Just a thought…

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 07, 2009, 08:47 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

That looks great! A bit rough, but fun…

Posted by Fresca ROAR on October 07, 2009, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

wow! first! never been first before!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on October 07, 2009, 09:06 AM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

it sounds like alot of fun my school doesnt have a team i wish it did

Posted by Horcruxalej on October 07, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

i hope they come close to me !!

Posted by lilmisssnape on October 07, 2009, 09:17 AM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

i hope they come close to me !!

Posted by lilmisssnape on October 07, 2009, 09:17 AM report to moderator
_gickr

nice! when are the try-outs? :))

Posted by vampressISap0tter *ROAR* on October 07, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I didn't know leprechaun gold vanishes," Ron muttered. "I thought I was paying you back. You shouldn't've given me that Chudley Cannon hat for Christmas."[br]"Forget it, all right?" said Harry.[br]Ron speared a roast potato on the end of his fork, glarin