Harry Potter Theme Song a Classic FM Favorite

Music
November 01, 2009, 12:27 PM

Radio listeners in the UK have selected Hedwig's Theme by John Williams as the all time favorite in a new poll of children's classics for station Classic FM. The PA reports the iconic main theme song for the Harry Potter films was the winner,"with youngsters choosing it ahead of other movie scores such as Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean and E.T. But more traditional classical tunes by Pachelbel and Tchaikovsky figure highly in the list unveiled on the station."

The article says that "Classic FM has almost half a million listeners under the age of 18 and is releasing an album of Children's Classics to tie in with the countdown on November 23. Darren Henley, Classic FM managing director, said: "This poll shows that age is no barrier to enjoying the world's greatest music. Classical music is as relevant a part of people's lives in the 21st century, whether they're aged eight or 88."

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

Avi_thumb

obviously. It’s the best song EVER. It makes the entire film series!!

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 02, 2009, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

What a great thing! Way to go John Williams, it really has evolved into a truly iconic theme

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on November 02, 2009, 04:55 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Yay =) Hedwig’s Theme really is a classic!

Posted by Christine on November 02, 2009, 04:55 AM report to moderator
Poa_thumb

Cool! I wish I had a Classic FM station in my area!!!

Posted by Rumbleroar! on November 02, 2009, 05:33 AM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

Hedwig’s Theme always enchant me! No wonder it won. I love it and I adore Hedwig.. RIP.

Posted by MikeMagpuyo on November 02, 2009, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

hooray! i <3 Hedwig’s Theme! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on November 02, 2009, 07:13 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Well… duh! It is a majestic piece of music.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 02, 2009, 07:27 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

This is a great song.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 02, 2009, 07:56 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I love Hedwig’s Theme!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on November 02, 2009, 09:00 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Ahhhrrrrggg! I have been trying to get that as a ring tone for so long, but my technological shortcomings leave my cell phone lonely for Hedwig’s Theme!

Posted by Smitch on November 02, 2009, 09:12 AM report to moderator

“John Williams is the greatest composer I’ve ever heard, and ’Hedwig’s Theme’ is an amazing piece. It deserved to win. Well done, John Williams . . . clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!
J. T. Wyncott

Posted by Anonymous on November 02, 2009, 10:34 AM report to moderator
27577_1__thumb

yay! awesome i love that song its so potter-ish

Posted by Rowling Stones on November 02, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator

awesome

Posted by laurenc on November 02, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I love that tune! : D

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on November 02, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator
028_25a_thumb

All the John Williams Harry Potter CDs are on my Ipod . That it was voted best is no surprise at all. They are all great; I get goosebumps whenever one is played.

Posted by marymackie on November 02, 2009, 02:05 PM report to moderator

"I wouldn't mind knowing how Riddle got an award for special services to Hogwarts either."[br]"Could've been anything," said Ron. "Maybe he got thirty O.W.L.s or saved a teacher from the giant squid. Maybe he murdered Myrtle; that would've done everyone a

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014