First Deleted Scene from HBP DVD Online

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
November 10, 2009, 09:44 AM

A treat has arrived this morning: the first deleted scene from the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film as made its way online and can be watched right here, as well as in our Video Galleries here.  The simply chilling sequence, released by WB Italy, features a breathtaking performance by actor Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) as darkness descends upon the castle.  This deleted scene is slated to be among many special extras found on the upcoming Half-Blood Prince DVD, set to be released stateside on December 8.

Update:  Additionally, WBItaly released two other short clips from a number of the extras on the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD, including actress Emma Watson receiving a Dark Mark (Gallery video here) and one of actor Rupert Grint discussing the development of his character, Ron Weasley (Gallery video here).

Thanks to Okrim from Portkey.it.

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Water_lilies_thumb

How the heck did that not make it into the movie? It is beautiful. Still, why is Flitwick just a choir conductor now, just a little dude who waves his hand around? What ever happened to the charms teacher? I do wish we saw more of Alan Rickman in the movie. I mean it is named after his character!!

Posted by sgreeter8888 on November 10, 2009, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter5pic2_thumb

Posted by kyramp on November 10, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Death_eater_thumb

Absolutely brilliant!!! They should’ve left this scene in. So gloomy and atmospheric! Alan Rickman is a brilliant actor. Even without dialouge he can convey the turmoil with in.

Posted by Max Power on November 10, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Queensguest_thumb

I am glad that I am not alone in my confusion about the quality of this removed scene. So haunting and beautifully tragic at the same time, I wish it was left in the film. What is another 1:30, when you have sat through 180 minutes of Pottee Goodness?

Posted by BuffyXO {WBM} on November 10, 2009, 09:38 PM report to moderator

I totally disagree with people saying that the scene had to be deleted since it gave away Snape’s allegiance.

It was obvious and I’ve said it since reading the 6th book that Snape killed Dumbledore unwillingly and that he was on Dumbledore’s side. All events/facts in the books pointed to that. And yet most people were still unsure about Snape. If you couldn’t see the facts in the books, then there is no way you’re going to notice them in a 2 seconds clip of Snape. And even if you’re that clever, now that most people that are watching the movie have already read all the books, this won’t come as news!

They cut a powerful scene that gave me goosebumps. And they left quite a few scenes that should have been deleted.

Posted by GobletOfFire on November 10, 2009, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Mollyfied_thumb

Such exquisite anguish… hm, yes; perhaps this was better reserved for the more intense fans to view in the privacy of our own homes.

Posted by Whisperwing*ROAR!* on November 10, 2009, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

I’m really looking forward to all the deleted scenes!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on November 11, 2009, 01:05 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Wow its really good. Can’t wait for more (u know there will be)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 11, 2009, 02:10 AM report to moderator
Avatars_bookauthor_bookart_october08_06_thumb

Wowee! Can’t wait for the DVD to be released.

Posted by sjbodell on November 11, 2009, 02:12 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

That is so atmospheric, builds up a really unsettling feeling, I’ll be very interested to see the other scenes.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on November 11, 2009, 02:15 AM report to moderator

That was awesome. I wish they had left that in, it added so much more to the film. I wish they would add a feature where you can watch the film with the deleted scenes in.

Posted by nolegrad2001 on November 11, 2009, 02:21 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

So Frustraiting!!!! I’ve got to wait until I get home, the site is blocked for me here at work!!!!!!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 11, 2009, 02:25 AM report to moderator
Commishfandg_thumb

I can’t believe they left that amazing scene out the movie ! Hope to see it in the future extanded edition or I’ll kill someone !!!

Posted by WeasleyBoy on November 11, 2009, 02:29 AM report to moderator

It’s a pity they cut that scene….! It was amazing beautiful! :o

Posted by Mairéad on November 11, 2009, 02:32 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

All of these clips were great! I love the scene they cut, it would have added a lot to the mood at that part in the movie. I thought the end of the movie was not portrayed as well as it could have been, I would have liked it to have more feeling.

Posted by Rosie016 on November 11, 2009, 02:50 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Nice big smile, Harry," said Lockhart, through his own gleaming teeth. "Together, you and I are worth the front page."