Authentic Script Online for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
November 13, 2009, 08:58 AM

For years now, Warner Bros has maintained a website intended for the film industry as part of promotions for various awards such as the BAFTAs and the Academy Awards. Just a we have posted in the past about the effort to promote the beloved series for the awards, this year is no different as the promotions for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince are now available, including releasing the official script online. At this link (PDF) you can read the adaptation by Steven Kloves for the sixth Harry Potter film. At the website, you can also listen to the score by Nicholas Hooper and see previously released photos from the film. Enjoy!

Please note: Many of you have emailed concerned over the varying versions of the script floating online (as is the case with the other films); please be reassured this is indeed the authentic version.

Thanks to the scores of readers who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Lovegood2_thumb

first! anyways cooooooooool

Posted by Loveforluna on November 13, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Lovegood2_thumb

first! anyways cooooooooool

Posted by Loveforluna on November 13, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator

anyone know where to get the scripts from the other films??

Posted by nadahpfan on November 13, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

that is really neat!

Posted by KC Nox on November 13, 2009, 11:21 AM report to moderator

OMG we can finally read the script

Posted by Mew5645 on November 13, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator

OH MY GOD. I read the end: “Ron and Ginny cross to Harry and Hermione, lean against the rampart. All look to the horizon, watching the bird grow smaller while its song — magically — endures.
No one says a word. THE END

oooooh my goooooooood it’s so sad, still.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on November 13, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

really cool! I always wanted scripts for HP! it will be interesting thing to read.

Posted by Matea on November 13, 2009, 12:36 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am not sure that I am going to bother to read the entire thing, but I am pleased that they have distributed this on the internet for fans to peruse in order to clarify any ambiguous or confusing things they might have observed while listening to or watching the movie.

Posted by Kirk on November 13, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Oh my gosh!!

Posted by The Nerd on November 13, 2009, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I think it’s awesome that we finally get to read the script! I already started reading it and getting chills when I got to the Unbreakable Vow part. As I read, I see the whole fim in my head already!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 13, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Sweet!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 13, 2009, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

wow, the script!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 13, 2009, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

It’s sad how there’s so much Ginny in this script.. but there’s not a lot in the movie :(

Posted by Christine on November 13, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Antiochpeverell1_thumb

anyone know if we can sign up for screenings on that site?? or do you really have to be a guild member? =]

Posted by AntiochPeverell on November 13, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

hmm,it was interesting to read through it
,i’m starting to think that most of the stupid/totally out of canon things aren’t complately Kloves fault’s…

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on November 13, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator

"It's the same all over," said Mr. Borgin, in his oily voice. "Wizarding blood is counting for less everywhere--"[br]"Not with me." said Mr. Malfoy, his long nostrils flaring.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014