David Yates: Dan Radcliffe to be Naked for Silver Doe and Lake Scene in Deathly Hallows

DH Film
November 30, 2009, 09:12 AM

In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, readers will recall one pivotal chapter called "The Silver Doe" where the Horcrux locket caused Ron to imagine his worst fears and played upon his insecurities and emotions. In a preview with Video Business of the new Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie sneak peek contained on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD, director David Yates discusses this emotionally packed scene. Full quotage as follows:

Besides detailing Half-Blood Prince, Yates and others also offered some sneak peeks to the final two theatrical installments of the Harry Potter franchise, slated for 2010 and 2011 release. At certain points, Radcliffe will appear naked. In one scene, “a horcrux [carrying a piece of Voldemort’s soul] defends itself by producing nightmarish visions, and one shows Hermione and Harry embracing and kissing,” explained Yates. “It’s something intriguing and sensual for Rupert to react to, and Dan will be bare for that.”

Also of interest in the same article comes word from producer David Heyman who admited in the past they did not put much extra content in the earlier Harry Potter DVDs because he did not like extras. He elaborates: “This is the richest title we have done,” said Heyman, who has produced all of the Harry Potter films. “For a long time, we decided not to put that much on the DVD. There was a part of me that doesn’t like extras, because I like the mystery of it all. But with the market being the way it is, it’s important to make the title as attractive a proposition as possible.”

Finally, be sure to check out a second interview with Home Media Magazine that contains very brief remarks on the HBP DVD from cast members such as Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Tom Felton Jessie Cave, the Phelps brothers and more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Images_thumb

oh god this is so not what I expected…and I don’t like it…

Posted by vandy[FTC] on November 30, 2009, 09:20 AM report to moderator
Th_goficons-mmarauder-38_thumb

Cue the screaming fangirls! Ha, ha. I’m more worried about Dan’s state of dress at King’s Cross. Harry actually IS naked in that scene.

Posted by mrh216 on November 30, 2009, 09:23 AM report to moderator

I sort of expected harry to be naked in the pool in the same scene, but not for the kiss. does that mean emma will too??

Posted by anne1 on November 30, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Iconator_e5413e9850e2294d5bfb655a9ead163b_thumb

Yeah…I think they got the wrong nude scene haha. I would prefer if he were naked during King’s cross and not when Ron comes to save him…

Posted by PadfootLover4ever on November 30, 2009, 09:26 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Hmm. Interesting. It makes sense though. I’m not sure if it’s necessary, but at least it’s not entirely out of the question. I have a feeling the media is going to make a big deal out of this despite the fact we probably won’t see any more flesh than what people would see in a Twilight movie.

Posted by mollywobble on November 30, 2009, 09:36 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

@Moose_Starr, I too love the special features of movies!! I especially love when there are extended versions of the films not just the deleted scenes seperate.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 30, 2009, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Really interesting news

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on November 30, 2009, 09:45 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

@GreenLightening, I’m in complete agreement! This does give fans an “implication” about Emma for the scene, but the bigger question is still “does this mean they have given up on DH getting any type of youth rating?”

This is why I’m quite surprised to hear of a naked scene in DH, this is still supposed to be a “kids” story. Don’t get me wrong I’m not making any complaints, just curiosity.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 30, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

ummm yeah not so sure about this scene. I can imagine him being semi-naked when he attempts to get the sword, but not for the kiss. That seems… weird and unnecessary.

Posted by da_member0808 on November 30, 2009, 09:56 AM report to moderator
Iheartfredgeorge_thumb

I doubt we’ll be seeing much more than you would at a swimming pool. I’m sure they will not go above a PG-13 rating, so I’m not worried at all, as long as they do it well. I don’t think it’s a very big deal at all. =/ It’s not necessary, but it’s not like it would be totally irrelevant. Shrug.

Posted by Mera004 on November 30, 2009, 09:59 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

not necessary to me – seems a bit of a reach – can see it in the Kings Crossing scene but not the lake.

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on November 30, 2009, 10:13 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

P.S: Of course I’m only talking about—if this is going to be as in, full frontal nudity (which I totally doubt would ever come from a Potter film). But if it’s like the Prefects’ bathroom scene in GoF then I guess there won’t be a problem.

Posted by accioangela on November 30, 2009, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

I’m sure it won’t be a graphic “nude scene,” just bare so that the characters look other-worldly maybe, not familiar. That’s my take on it… I look forward to seeing these ‘kids’ start to act more like the adults they are becoming, by this stage of the story.

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on November 30, 2009, 10:19 AM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

@danilo: No where did it say that they would be SHOWING full frontal nudity. It just says Dan will be bare. I’m sure it’ll just be a torso shot and an implication that he is completely naked.

Posted by Aesa Haettr on November 30, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

but bless let hope the pool not that cold for our dan bless him lol and it not going to be like that is it i mean he was nacked in GoF when he was in the bath so it be some thing like that i would of thought

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on November 30, 2009, 10:23 AM report to moderator

"[Honeydukes has] [i]everything[/i].... Pepper Imps -- they make you smoke at the mouth -- and great fat Chocoballs full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream, and really excellent sugar quills, which you can suck in class and just look like you're think