Welcome to Hogsmeade: Photo Update on Harry Potter Theme Park Construction

Movies
December 14, 2009, 06:53 AM

Construction continues at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction in Orlando, Florida and we have several new batches of photos to show you today, including our first look at the Hogsmeade village sign right here. This comes courtesy of OrlandoParknews, which has some terrific large size photos as well of the entrance to Hogwarts Castle, the brick facade now in place on the shops of Hogsmeade, with more on the way, work on the mysterious side building (possibly Greenhouse or the for entrance line) and this and this of the giant castle of Hogwarts (note the contrast of the castle with the palm trees...ah, magic! :)

Thanks as well to Brian Orndorf who owled Leaky and all the sites with his latest batch of photos from the construction at Universal Orlando as well. Brian has this photo which he thinks is possibly construction for the Flight of the Hippogryff ride, as well as this close up of the side tower (note the workmen's waterbottles hidden there), another (and clear) shot of the greenhouse like side building of the castle, and work on the Hogwart's Express train. Be sure to check out all the latest photos starting here.

Thanks to OrlandoParknews and Brian!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Hermione_thumb

OMG!! the castle looks just perfect!

Posted by Miroca on December 14, 2009, 07:12 AM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

yay! im so excited! I CANT WAIT :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on December 14, 2009, 08:32 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I will be there…

Posted by Won_Two on December 14, 2009, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

wow.everything looks exactly like in the film. I’m so sad that I’ll never have a chance to visit the park :(

Posted by Matea on December 14, 2009, 09:54 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lrl1fruv7m1r2jz3wo1_250_thumb

I can’t wait! I hope I can go see it eventually!

Posted by WeasleyWonder on December 14, 2009, 10:12 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot even begin to find the words to convey how enthralled I am to see the castle that appeared in the films come to life before our very eyes. Even viewing it in the form of pixels, I am mesmerized by the rich attention to detail that went into the construction process.

Posted by Kirk on December 14, 2009, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

yay! i can’t wait to go there :D

Posted by da_member0808 on December 14, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator

It looks absolutely amazing! The castle looks so REAL! Squeee!! I can’t wait to be there. It will be a dream come true.

Posted by jenbabe705 on December 14, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I cannot wait until this park opens!! I am so excited it is all I can think about doing this coming summer!!

Posted by JessSnape on December 14, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

omg is looks soo real i am soo excited !!!!

Posted by alicia00 on December 14, 2009, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

wow! its coming along!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 14, 2009, 09:25 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Does anyone else feel afraid to get their hopes up? I mean, could this place ever really feel close to the Harry Potter world in our imaginations. I just don’t want to expect too much, though I am sure it will still be awesome.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on December 14, 2009, 10:10 PM report to moderator

Oh wow, it looks perfect! I’m so excited about this! :)

Posted by Bella Longbottom on December 14, 2009, 11:40 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

so cool!!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on December 15, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Woowwwwww!

Posted by Smitch on December 15, 2009, 04:23 AM report to moderator

"Look like they're havin' fun, don' they?" Hagrid said happily. Harry assumed he was talking about the skrewts, because his classmates certainly weren't; every now and then, with an alarming [i]bang[/i], one of the skrewts' ends would explode, causing it