James and Oliver Phelps to Attend Wizarding World Theme Park Opening

Phelps
Posted by: Edward
December 18, 2009, 03:06 PM

As readers will recall, last week word came from an interview conducted by The Magazine in Canada with actors Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) and Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) that the pair will be visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park currently under construction at Universal Orlando, Florida.  Word comes today from the Twitter account of actor Oliver Phelps (George Weasley) that he and his brother James (Fred Weasley will be attending next year as well.

Please note: We have yet to receive official confirmation regarding the opening date for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park, or any news surrounding any opening events.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Phelps News

Img_44501_thumb

awesome! hope i get to go :]

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on December 19, 2009, 03:21 PM report to moderator
1204091927_thumb

I’m really hoping I can be there for the opening !
here we go Florida :)

Posted by Heroine Luna on December 19, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

I plan on traveling to Florida in August. Unfortunately I’m sure it will be opened before then. Since money’s tight, I will probably have to miss the opening/attendance by the stars. Darn it….

Posted by leigia on December 19, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

I want a specific date!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on December 19, 2009, 07:24 PM report to moderator

ugh! i want to go so bad!!! i live on the other side of the country though (washington) :o(…

Posted by johndeeregirl12 on December 19, 2009, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I’ve already told hubby that I want to go the next time we go to Florida. We’ve been twice and have spent our time at Walt Disney World and Sea World. But I’m sure we could arrange the schedule to include a few days at Universal. I just don’t want to be there for the opening. Too crowded and I want them to work out all the bugs first. I’m not fond of standing in long lines and then having a ride break down. So I’ll wait, hard as it will be.

Posted by Eeyore on December 19, 2009, 10:44 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

yess! now i for sure need to be at the opening! i loveee them!

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on December 20, 2009, 07:30 AM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

I NEED to go. I found out like 2 years ago about this park, and cannot wait!

Posted by Potter_Puella on December 20, 2009, 12:00 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

@alpaca girl: I’m in Washington state as well. The worst part about the trip is flying for so long. Really, the expense isn’t as much as you would think if you can travel off season (weather is nicer in the spring than the hot humid summer anyway) and buy your tickets ahead of time. Also, check out all the condo around. It’s not as expensive, especially if you have a group going. You can save a lot by being able to fix your own breakfast and late night snacks.

Posted by Eeyore on December 20, 2009, 02:51 PM report to moderator
Me3_thumb

I never went to Disney world, or Universal, or any of those awesome places as a kid…

Seeing how this is about 1,000x more exciting than either of those I am SO there!

…well not on the opening day :p

Posted by Horcrux~Noctus~ on December 20, 2009, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

my dad said he’d take me first day!!! CANNOT WAIT.

Posted by hpgirltg on December 20, 2009, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

I’m sure there will be other actors present.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on December 20, 2009, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

I’m really hoping to make it shortly after it opens, but I would so love to be there opening day ♥

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on December 21, 2009, 02:28 AM report to moderator

OMG me and ravenclawroni are so going to this!!!

Posted by Hope on December 21, 2009, 07:42 AM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

i wanna go opening day!!

Posted by lilmisssnape on December 21, 2009, 09:08 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Platform what?"[br]"Nine and three-quarters."[br]"Don't talk rubbish," said Uncle Vernon. "There is no platform nine and three-quarters."