Times Online Significant Others Q&A with Tom Felton

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Edward
December 18, 2009, 10:38 PM

Times Online has a fun and probing Q&A with actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) online tonight, in which he discusses the people in his life who have been most significant.  In the article, which can be read via this link, Mr. Felton speaks to the reactions of his friends to his work on the Harry Potter films, the sacrifices of his mother, support of his family, and more.  In regards to Harry Potter, the young actor says the following of director David Yates, who he lists as his most "Inspirational Director."  Quoteage:

My inspirational director
"David Yates [who directed the past three Harry Potter films] has this beautiful calmness and clarity about what he wants. I had no confidence in my ability to be an actor for the rest of my life, but he embedded a passion for film in me."
When speaking about his desire for acting, Mr. Felton relates:
"I have been acting since I was 9, but at that age you can’t go up to London on your own or agree to anything independently, so she was always with me. At one point I got a part that required filming in Malaysia for four months, so she had to give up her job to come with me. It didn’t mean anything to me at the time, but I hope that in years to come I can repay her."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

Raven_avatar_thumb

He is a really good guy!

Posted by Won_Two on December 18, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I read this! its great :D
I love Tom he’s so sweet and fun to follow on twitter! :)

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on December 18, 2009, 11:03 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

reallly he is nothing like draco! (the younger snobby one :)

Posted by ProfessorAlice on December 18, 2009, 11:15 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Seems like he is enjoying the attention and I totally would too!

Posted by Swizzle on December 19, 2009, 01:08 AM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

I liked reading this. Tom Felton is as easy to like as Draco is to hate. His mom sounds awesome too.

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on December 19, 2009, 01:24 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Yay for Tom! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 19, 2009, 02:30 AM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Tom’s awesome. From every interview I’ve read about him and all of his tweets, he seems to be the complete opposite of draco, a sweet, down-to-earth guy.

Posted by butterbeer bottle on December 19, 2009, 05:20 AM report to moderator

Hey, I’ve been thinking, his mother sacrificing her job for Tom’s acting is kind of like Lily sacrificing her life for Harry’s protection. Well, they’re kinda related…

Posted by The Pure-Blood Prince on December 19, 2009, 08:23 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

So sweet that he appreciates his mom. He seems like a good guy.

Img_44501_thumb

yay for tom!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on December 19, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is marvelous that he is mother was willing to sacrifice so much to help him pursue a career in acting.

Posted by Kirk on December 19, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Great interview. Tom is such a nice guy.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 19, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

aw, so cute ;)

Posted by harrygetsme on December 19, 2009, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

I’m glad that Tom have a supportive family. Hope things will go well for him after HP.

Posted by leigia on December 19, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator

aw :o)…

Posted by johndeeregirl12 on December 19, 2009, 08:43 PM report to moderator

"But I know one thing -- last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood [i]died[/i]. So I bet it's a matter of time before one of them's killed this time.... I hope it's Granger," he said with relish.