Weasley Clock Meets Twitter

HP References
Posted by: Edward
December 03, 2009, 02:42 PM

Ingenious inventors have made further strides into creating a muggle version of the famous magical Weasley Clock from the Harry Potter novels by author J. K. Rowling.  FastCompany.com reports that a new version of the device has been invented utilizing Twitter to pinpoint the location of family members at any given time.  Known as the Magic Clock, this device picks up on "known locator-status words" from the Twitter feeds of linked family members, which causes programmed clock hands to be "driven to point to the relevant location on the dial, with a choice of Home, Lost, Texas, Traveling, Prison, Work, Church, Minnesota, School, Read Me, Doctor and, yes, Mortal Peril."  A video showing the device in action, can be viewed via this link.

As Leaky has reported numerous times in the past, developers at Microsoft have been working with similar technology using cellular phone networks for tracking family members for their aptly named Whereabouts Clock.

Many thanks to all who owled!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP References News

Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

That sounds cool, wish I had one.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 03, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That’s really cool!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 03, 2009, 11:44 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

This is quite amazing, because I was actually thinking when they’d create something like this just yeasterday! I’ve just logged on and imagine my surprise when I saw this article..I was slightly stunned :D

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on December 04, 2009, 04:19 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I would want one…but I do not want twitter!

Posted by Swizzle on December 04, 2009, 07:11 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

2nd!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 04, 2009, 07:32 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_025-copy_thumb

texas? minnesota? hah- random. but very cool.

Posted by Rinny on December 04, 2009, 07:34 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

That sounds cool, wish I had one.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 04, 2009, 07:35 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

This looks interesting.

Posted by Kirk on December 04, 2009, 07:57 AM report to moderator

This is so awesome! I’d so love to have this clock, but unfortunately no one else in my family uses Twitter. :(

Posted by Darclad R Vorbin on December 04, 2009, 08:09 AM report to moderator
Iheartfredgeorge_thumb

That’s so cool!! :D I hope someone invents a time turner next, hahah! (Though I suppose that would be much more difficult to do…).

Posted by Mera004 on December 04, 2009, 08:17 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

meh, nothing beats magic.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on December 04, 2009, 08:24 AM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

ha sweet!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on December 04, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator
Playermodel

i can see this being useful for parents who want to know where there kids are, hopefully the hand are spoons with faces on them.

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on December 04, 2009, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

awsome!!

Posted by The Nerd on December 04, 2009, 09:03 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Wow awesome!!!

They should make a pensieve!! You could use a special film recorder and plug it into a stone basin with ruins aloud the brim. Then inside the basin there could be a screen that makes blue ripples that look like neither gas nor liquid and shows what you just filmed. Like a pensieve!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 04, 2009, 09:05 AM report to moderator

"Ah, look, boys, it's the champion," he said to Crabbe and Goyle the moment he got within earshot of Harry. "Got your autograph books? Better get a signature now, because I doubt he's going to be around much longer... Half the Triwizard champions have die