Marked Up Book on the Block for FirstBook

Charity
Posted by: Melissa
February 01, 2009, 01:46 AM

LeaveAMarkAuctions is currently auctioning off a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone that has been marked up in the margins, primarily by Paul DeGeorge of Harry and the Potters. Paul provides color commentary, sketches and other ... additional detail ... throughout the book. Joe DeGeorge chimes in and our Frak of PotterCast provides several illustrations. I've also marked up a chapter at Paul's kind request.

You can bid on the book by pledging a certain amount in the comments; all proceeds benefit FirstBook, a wonderful organization whose aim is to provide low-income families with books.

Bidding is open until 11:59 p.m. on February 7, and the winner will also receive, naturally, a commemorative barf bag. The auction was put together by Shooting Stars.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

Hermione_l_thumb

hope it raises lots of money! id love to see frak’s ilustrations !

Posted by Hermione_1991 [ WBM ] on February 01, 2009, 05:32 AM report to moderator
Hp___poisonous_rose_colored_by_katima_thumb

What a fun idea! I think it would be great to own it, i’m tempted to bid… I guess i’ll see where it goes later in the week.

Posted by scarletti1 on February 01, 2009, 06:43 AM report to moderator
Haciopblue_thumb

That’s a really cool idea. Hope it raises lots of money. _

Posted by Firefly's Locket on February 01, 2009, 07:08 AM report to moderator
1_thumb

I want this SO BAD! I appended 42 cents to my bid! Wheeeee!

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on February 01, 2009, 07:17 AM report to moderator
Paper_towns__thumb

Aww, I’d love to own the book, but it’s already gone past my limit. Hope it raises lots and lots of money. =)

Posted by LunaLovesPudding on February 01, 2009, 07:35 AM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

Sounds cool, but I’m too young, too.

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 01, 2009, 07:42 AM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

I’d love to see the illustrations ! I wonder how much it’s going to go for… Anyway, I hope it raises a lot for charity

Posted by Vicky Granger [ROAR] *Prof Adrasteia Andraste* on February 01, 2009, 08:13 AM report to moderator
Imgp6719_thumb

That is a really nice thing for them to do. Me, personally, I won’t bid on it, but I know others will. It should be interesting to see how much it goes for!

Posted by Lauren on February 01, 2009, 08:20 AM report to moderator
Dumbledore_thumb

Hmm…I wish I could bid…I hope it raises a ton for charity!

Posted by Tyman28962 on February 01, 2009, 08:54 AM report to moderator
Img000029_thumb

I want that so badly, I’ll never get it though. I hope it raises loads of money for charity!

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on February 01, 2009, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Bidding is over a hundred bucks now, I wish I had money!

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on February 01, 2009, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Ha ha!! I just had a look at the scans, it looks so funny!! I hope it raises lots of money!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on February 01, 2009, 10:04 AM report to moderator
Tova_mini_thumb

Yea, its nice how some people would look at this, and say" You graffitied a book!", but we see it as a positive way to express memories of hp, and to donate to charity.
Great Idea!

Posted by rtpuppydog on February 01, 2009, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Imgp0879__thumb

Aww… I wish I had that type of money. Or any money. Oh well. But it is really pretty. _

Posted by Nikki Li [Alerion] on February 01, 2009, 10:12 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Hahha, that’s awesome, I want to see it! Hope it raises a lot of money =)

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on February 01, 2009, 10:16 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Albus Dumbledore is the greatest headmaster Hogwarts has ever had. Dobby knows it, sir. Dobby has heard Dumbledore's powers rival those of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named at the height of his strength. But, sir" -- Dobby's voice dropped to an urgent whisper --